• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Will you let me play here?

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
A few days ago, I had a bunch of people trying to type me over in the Greetings forum based on a list I put together about myself. Seems that the consensus is that I'm most likely an INTJ. Anyway, I thought I'd come over, introduce myself, and see if you'll accept me as one of your own in spite of my list of reasons I may be unacceptable on an NT forum:

-I watch Lifetime movies and various TV miniseries

-I'm a die-hard Baltimore Orioles fan (I'm sure there are plenty of NT baseball fans, but it's hard to claim "rationality" and get psyched up for an Orioles game).

-I don't hate tourists, and usually wave back when the Duck Tour people "quack" at me.

-I love Christmas. I'm actually the one who starts playing Christmas music in September (I understand this may be a deal-breaker in being accepted on the NT forum). Oh, and on decorations? The tackier, the better. One of these days, I'll get one of those blow-up reindeer for the yard.

Assuming those (and other) quirks can be overcome, I look forward to hanging out here from time to time.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's a silly list ya got there.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
It was the blow-up reindeer part, right? I knew I should've kept that part to myself...

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Get out now.

Seriously, though. Type only points out the schematics of your personality. Having counter-type quirks just adds a 3-D image.

...unless this thread isn't serious? A product of the famous INTJ deadpan that is almost indistinguishable from genuine seriousness?

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Yeah, it was meant to be facetious. The list is 100% true though... I just jotted down all the things about myself that I generally have to take grief about from my NT friends.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You sound very ENFJ. This quote alone (from your intro) can potentially rule out any NT:
I always side with my friends and family, even if it's irrational

But feel free to play around in this, or any, area.

(and why is baseball irrational???)

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
^ there is no reason to side with one team over another?

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
baseball isn't irrational, its an extreme LAZY sport due to the conventions of it, therefor quite NT (nothing makes an NT happier than doing things as easiest as possible so we have free time!). I vote it acceptable.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
You sound very ENFJ. This quote alone (from your intro) can potentially rule out any NT:
I always side with my friends and family, even if it's irrational

Maybe. Way I see it though, my reason for that is that I have internalized a near-mafia sense of loyalty (closer to resembling SJ than NF in some ways). It isn't based on instinctive empathy, which I struggle with. My type isn't set in stone, but I have some very serious doubts about believing I have extroverted feeling. A sense of dread comes over me when a friend/family member starts to tell me about a problem they're having. I just KNOW I'll have the wrong reaction and make everything worse.

(and why is baseball irrational???)

You obviously aren't an Orioles fan.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
All types can have passionate loyalty - I know I am loyal to the grave. I would never disagree with my sisters in public. No matter what, I am on their side. But at home, I'll let them know how wrong they were.

Fe isn't about being sensitive - it's more like:
Extraverted Feeling

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Loyalty is fine, as long as your loyalties are well placed. Without loyalty to some degree, I don't see how any close relationship could ever be maintained.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
All types can have passionate loyalty - I know I am loyal to the grave. I would never disagree with my sisters in public. No matter what, I am on their side. But at home, I'll let them know how wrong they were

This is me to a T. I can be uncomfortably direct with my family if I believe they've made/are making a mistake. But if one of them committed murder, I'd probably be the one to help bury the body. Objectivity and rationality go right out the window without a second thought.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I like you already :D

Only thing I'm wondering though is would an INTJ think to be polite and considerate enough to ask to be allowed in a group... /ponder. Sounds suspiciously F to me. :D

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I like you already :D

Only thing I'm wondering though is would an INTJ think to be polite and considerate enough to ask to be allowed in a group... /ponder. Sounds suspiciously F to me. :D

We're master strategists, I suppose. When you're plotting to take over the world, a little diplomacy never hurts.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I think the Lifetime Channel is a deal breaker.

You've got some F in you. But whatever, hangout anywher you want.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
We're master strategists, I suppose. When you're plotting to take over the world, a little diplomacy never hurts.

spoken like a true master manipulator.

(ENFJ) *coughs*

Little_Ancient_One

MBTI Type
INTJ

Indeed. I'd say this is actually a rather common trait among NTJ (well, INTJs who have figured out that a wholly arrogant and antisocial persona is not very effective at winning the support of others).