• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and debating with SOs

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think banter makes a relationship fun and entertaining.

Arguing sort of debate is a different story. I doubt any relationship regardless of type pairing will survive for long they're constantly arguing.

The ability to argue without being hurtful is intimate. It clears the air. Conflict is underrated.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
The ability to argue without being hurtful is intimate. It clears the air. Conflict is underrated.

That is the purpose of banter no?

Conflicts can be resolved through discussions. There's no need to resort to an argument unless you're in need to release hot air.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Well, I have heard from alot of NPs that they would not mind becoming a little bit more J. ...

I'm fine with being P, but I do think a J partner is useful (dare I say necessary?). My P needs a bitch-slap sometimes and other Ps are terrible at this. :doh:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

Conflicts can be resolved through discussions. There's no need to resort to an argument unless you're in need to release hot air.

Yes, I suppose it is an assertion of one's right to self and the expression of what one might normally keep inside.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm fine with being P, but I do think a J partner is useful (dare I say necessary?). My P needs a bitch-slap sometimes and other Ps are terrible at this. :doh:

J types are good with being decisive, which is somewhat antithetical to being a P.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

Agreed.

Banter is :wubbie:

Conflict is :rolli:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Eastern Europe 24.

sorry, but I can offer you this lovely toaster as a parting gift.

hello-kitty-toaster.jpg

my P doesn't need a bitchslap, it needs a maid.

Cady

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, I have heard from alot of NPs that they would not mind becoming a little bit more J. So I said what I said only because of that. Your P does not bother me.

Also I would dare to say that I live in a society full of Ps.
So I got used to P.

Want to trade places? My entire family are EJ's and seem to think I am incapable of getting anything done without supervision or constant monitoring.

I know one ENFP and we're really great friends, although occasionally we'll both end up flaking on each other. We get along because we both like to question.

my P doesn't need a bitchslap, it needs a maid.

Hahaha there's a lot of truth here.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I said it before. I am not bothered by randomness.
But I have probably miss the joke.(in the case there was one).

You are a bit too young for me.

On game shows here in the States, the winner gets the prize but all the runner up contestants get a lovely parting gift when they leave for being a good sport and playing the game. To let them know they were appreciated. You did not win, but I appreciated you trying. The parting gift is usually something small and semi-useful like a toaster. I picked a 'Hello Kitty' toaster because of your age (which was an exaggerated joke about how young you are.)

Get it?

Cady

MBTI Type
ENTP
I said it before. I am not bothered by randomness.
But I have probably missed the joke.(in the case there was one).

It's a hello kitty toaster that bakes toast with hello kitty's face on it.
It's above explanation. :laugh:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You are a bit too young for me.

On game shows here in the States, the winner gets the prize but all the runner up contestants get a lovely parting gift when they leave for being a good sport and playing the game. To let them know they were appreciated. You did not win, but I appreciated you trying. The parting gift is usually something small and semi-useful like a toaster. I picked a 'Hello Kitty' toaster because of your age (which was an exaggerated joke about how young you are.)

Get it?

I know that I am too young for you. You don't need to tell me that.

I am familiar with this "ritual". I simply didnt make the connection.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Do you guys think it's healthy to seek out a SO with whom one constantly debates? Or is argumentation and one-upmanship better left for friends, with relationships being :wubbie:-fests?

I obviously want someone who loves my mind like I do, but it seems odd that someone could respect me intellectually and not want to debate. Like, "Awesome sword, but no, I don't want to fence." But then the types that ENTPs work best with tend to be very anti-conflict. So it's a bit of a catch-22.

What thinks you?

Debating is different from exchanging ideas. I like to exchange ideas with people, but in terms of debate, I am aiming for a war.

If you are afraid debating will damage your relationship, then don't discuss controversial topics.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Debating is different from exchanging ideas. I like to exchange ideas with people, but in terms of debate, I am aiming for a war.

If you are afraid debating will damage your relationship, then don't discuss controversial topics.

What do you want to win in your war?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I know that I am too young for you. You don't need to tell me that.

I know you didn't need to tell me... you said:

Your P does not bother me.

so I jokingly tried to figure out if we would be a good match, so I asked:

All right then. So where are you from and how old are you?

and you answered me seriously with your location and age. So I figured that you didn't get the fact that I was joking. So I made another joke, which you didn't get either.

I fail.