• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] bosses

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This mainly goes out to TP's I think. I heard someone say "If I were manager, she'd be fired for that kind of backtalk." at work yesterday. This thread got me thinking about the corporate world and the shit that we probably don't realize we're putting up with. Does anyone else feel this type of treatment is really wrong?

Is backtalk really that bad?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If it makes sense, not at all. Things that are directed towards corporate advancement, can be formulated in any way. (given they dont violate general or personal laws)

And if they cant, the company is destiened to die.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lundberg_2.jpg

Yeeeeahhh, I'm going to have ask you to come to work this Saturday because of your backtalking..."

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If it makes sense, not at all. Things that are directed towards corporate advancement, can be formulated in any way. (given they dont violate general or personal laws)

And if they cant, the company is destiened to die.

Does this actually happen in corporate offices?

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
My middle management would be too concerned about the paperwork necessary to fire someone just for backtalk. But you could bet that the person would be at the top of the list when the next layoff comes around.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Managers tend to enable favoritism. Blah.

Firing people outright for petty things is often avoided by the smarter, more devious types. It's easier to distort the truth and make it seem like there are many ways in which the target is "asking for" being fired.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Could someone define backtalk? I've never really understood the concept.

I get the impression it just means replying to someone. Which... I would imagine to be desirable?

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Noun 1. backtalk - an impudent or insolent rejoinder; "don't give me any of your sass"

Usually it's in the context of an authoritarian person receiving anti-authoritarian sentiments. Sometimes the authority is over-exaggerating the reproach, however.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Managers tend to enable favoritism. Blah.

Firing people outright for petty things is often avoided by the smarter, more devious types. It's easier to distort the truth and make it seem like there are many ways in which the target is "asking for" being fired.

im pretty sure i got a promotion cuz of 'backtalk'...more like pointing out flaws in an initial design right off the bat...
...without calling them stupid...DUH

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, I was thinking of backtalk as more like insubordination.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
im pretty sure i got a promotion cuz of 'backtalk'...more like pointing out flaws in an initial design right off the bat...
...without calling them stupid...DUH

Okay, I was thinking of backtalk as more like insubordination.

Kinda both. You mess up. Foolish mistake. Manager says 'its unacceptable', which it is. He's right about what he says, but he's a dick about it. How do you reply to him after you've just messed up your job?

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
Backtalk. Hahaha. I haven't heard that since I "talked back" to my mom at age 10.

Management culture will vary with every industry. I tried corporate and wasn't very good at all the bullshit games.

This guy sounds like an ex-military dick. I would placate him and appeal to his sense of authority and skill. "Oh I messed. Maybe you can show me. I know you are an expert at.........blah blah blah"

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Reflecting on my management days... I always loved the backtalk (made work more interesting), but to be honest, I feel like I did put up with too much. The people who complained about their jobs incessantly and in front of other staff really poisoned the atmosphere. I feel like a lot of good people quit because I tried to be overly-conciliatory to the whiners.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Youyr boss respect competence. So make yourself as competent as possible, rather than trying to seek his approval. If you are doing things that are beneficial to the comp-any and he demands something else, then your boss is an idiot. There is alot you can do other than spending ytour life working for a company.

Do not quit your job just because you hate your boss. Quit it when you learn everything about the company and can use what you have against him. If the company depends on you to function and no one else, firing you would be like killing his own company.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
This mainly goes out to TP's I think. I heard someone say "If I were manager, she'd be fired for that kind of backtalk." at work yesterday. This thread got me thinking about the corporate world and the shit that we probably don't realize we're putting up with. Does anyone else feel this type of treatment is really wrong?

Is backtalk really that bad?

That's why they are not a manager. If I were hiring or in charge of people, I would want someone who could disagree with me, assert themselves, and yet do their job when it is called for. People who never back talk are slaves and dogs.