• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ humor?

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm pretty sure it's more like, "Oh shit. Initiating conversation sequence...FILE NOT FOUND."

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is a social psychological phenomenon known as behavioral confirmation.

I see what you're saying, but "behavioral confirmation" is not as applicable to me as it is to general population.

On O.C.E.A.N. test I constantly score "0" on Agreeableness, so I am not very susceptible to other people's opinions.

But in all seriousness, I think the reason I rarely get an INTJ friend is because our interactions are a little too predictable and I don't feel like I have anything to learn from that person, especially given the fact that I have never came across an INTJ who was significantly older and wiser than me.

There is also a theory that people of the same type compete for the same "resources" causing tensions amongst them, although in my case I can neither confirm nor deny that theory.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
It wasn't fun.

It has no wit, and no subtlety. It's only a kind of boring, narcissistic rambling.
It lacks life, depth and thickness.

It has no accident, no fantasy, it's not even a satire. Somehow, it's very immature too, very shallow, absolutely typical.

It can only be the by-product of a very dull personality that has nothing else to do but to endlessly admire its belly button. How absurdly tragic, how miserable their lives must be! :huh:

---

And most of all, it has the awful stench you smell when sampling the topics of the INTJ-forum. And this place looks exactly like the mental institution of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether.

For two reasons:

1) The more people there try to act like they're cold and rational, the more irrational and alienated they become.

2) The whole forum is moderated by clinically insane people. (And I'm not even kidding)

RenaiReborn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
It wasn't fun.

It has no wit, and no subtlety. It's only a kind of boring, narcissistic rambling.
It lacks life, depth and thickness.

It has no accident, no fantasy, it's not even a satire. Somehow, it's very immature too, very shallow, absolutely typical.

It can only be the by-product of a very dull personality that has nothing else to do but to endlessly admire its belly button. How absurdly tragic, how miserable their lives must be! :huh:

---

And most of all, it has the awful stench you smell when sampling the topics of the INTJ-forum. And this place looks exactly like the mental institution of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether.

For two reasons:

1) The more people there try to act like they're cold and rational, the more irrational and alienated they become.

2) The whole forum is moderated by clinically insane people. (And I'm not even kidding)

How sweet you are. If you aren't interested, you have no need to read it, let alone comment. Come up with something more substantive.
I found the list which they compiled to be humorous, personally. Humor is very subjective, therefore, tearing another's humor apart is a futile effort at being self-righteous about something that in the end, bears no weight on the fate of mankind. Congratulations.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
How sweet you are. If you aren't interested, you have no need to read it, let alone comment. Come up with something more substantive.
I found the list which they compiled to be humorous, personally. Humor is very subjective, therefore, tearing another's humor apart is a futile effort at being self-righteous about something that in the end, bears no weight on the fate of mankind. Congratulations.

Don't worry, this is his form response to anything concerning INTJforum. It means he's not at the computer at the moment.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Don't worry, this is his form response to anything concerning INTJforum. It means he's not at the computer at the moment.

I'd say our dear Hap' knows me pretty well. She's absolutely right.

---

Humour is subjective, of course. For instance, you see, I have to confess that I can laugh when I spot really dumb people. I know that's not fair, that's not sweet, but I can't resist: that's the truth.

But the truth also is that when I spot psychotic people... well, I do not laugh anymore. It makes me feel... well... uncomfortable. And the moderators of the INTJ-forum are deeply psychotic. The environment, the colours of their forum, the way they only allow their own biased interpretation of INTJness... the way they expell every sane (or true) INTJ that dares to challenge their extreme views... well...
Jezebel is one of the most irrational person I know online. She just doesn't understand basic logic, probabilities or mathematics, and I'm wondering if she has the slightest social life. She gives me the creeps, that's also the truth.

I do not think this forum can be a kind of therapy for so-called INTJs. On the contrary, it alienates them, it's not a solution nor a remedy.

The INTJs of Typology-central are very, very different, and do possess a really sophisticated sense of humour. They are amongst the person I appreciate the most, here. Check for instance Edgar, Bananatrombones or Night. I can only marvel and admire the sharp contrast between them and the other so-called INTJs of the INTJ-forum.
And even when you spot an INTJ who is not famed for his humour (Antisocial One, for instance), he's modest, concise and polite: that's rather the contrary of the common attitude you see in the INTJ-forum. Can you imagine the day when Antisocial One will brag about his obvious superiority to any other type, or about his 240&+ IQ? -Well, I do not.-

So this gap is not natural. My theory is that:

1) most INTJ-f members are very young, and hence, easy to be manipulated. They seek who they are, their identities, and this quest can lead them to accept a false one if it flatters their own pride.

2) most INTJ-f members are socially fragile, and rather awkward IRL.

3) most INTJ-f members aren't true INTJ. Or rather, I'd say they are deeply mistaken and hence, often express a very unhealthy stereotype of INTJness, because they want to persuade themselves they are true INTJs. Hence, they are only acting.

4) As I said the moderators are control-freaks, clinically insane. And the way they administrate their forum is a blatant symptom.

---

So, my dear Kristen, what is your theory?
I know we're both subjective, but to get closer to objectivity, we often have to gather as much opinions as possible. You know, intersubjectivity can lead to objectivity.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I suppose now would be a bad time to say that this thread is not about INTJf, and that just because the thread includes something from INTJf doesn't mean it has to turn into this? That perhaps this list is one of the gems that happened to slip through the cracks of the moderators?

Just guessing.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ forum? What is this INTJ forum? I'll have to investigate - I've probably been a member at some point but have forgotton about it.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
INTJ forum? What is this INTJ forum? I'll have to investigate - I've probably been a member at some point but have forgotton about it.

Don't go!

It is a scary place. :x

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Don't go!

It is a scary place. :x

INTJ forum:-

OK I visit and the first thread I notice is

Name your programming languages beyond "normal" ones...

I feel like I have finally come home :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INTJ forum:-

OK I visit and the first thread I notice is

Name your programming languages beyond "normal" ones...

I feel like I have finally come home :)

It's a little scary if you're still human enough to need grounding in the realistic or reactions of others, anyway.

For me, it was like being in my own mind, except people were more arrogant and driven, and less nuanced and analytical in their thinking. So it felt like my mind was turning back on itself too much there.

If you like computers or math, though, you'll fit right in. The creepiest thing there, though, is all that Fi that the INFPs brought out (if it's still lingering, that is).

MBTI Type
INTJ
This sounds like the kind of place where I, normally a reserved guy, would want to kick everyone's asses inside of ten minutes for being such intractable d-bags.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Firstly: that list is completely adorable.
Secondly: A possible addition (from my experience) would be..
...if, even though they hardly say two words to anyone else, they WILL NOT SHUT UP around you.
Case in point with my INTJ friend who can talk to me for an hour about her pet chickens, whether I'm interested or not. She's a sweetie! :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This sounds like the kind of place where I, normally a reserved guy, would want to kick everyone's asses inside of ten minutes for being such intractable d-bags.

Blackmail has certainly made it sound that way. If me with all my stupidity and inability to stay on topic can handle it there with a high post count I think it's fair to say that his view is one sided and biased.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Blackmail has certainly made it sound that way. If me with all my stupidity and inability to stay on topic can handle it there with a high post count I think it's fair to say that his view is one sided and biased.

Maybe he's trying to blackmail the INTJs into giving him something to stop denigrating their forum, but has failed to realize that INTJs are so unconcerned with image that this won't work. :)