• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you think about death often?

Do you think about death often?

• Yes

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I won't mess up your poll, but yes I do.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I think about death to defy it.

Why do you people think about it? what good does it do to have such a view.
And for those who do not think about it, what is your opinion of death?

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I regularly think of it and it helps to remind me that all is futile and vanity.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
People who think about death do not waste time with their lives.

I don't think so, I mean I think about death alot, my death, other peoples death, death itself, why in the hell we have to die etc, yet none of that propels me forward and ensures I live each moment. It's just another thought.

Like people who know smoking is bad for them do not neccessarily become non smokers.

EDIT: unless I am totally misreading it, and you mean a more morbid "they don't waste time with their lives" because it's all too futile?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think about it a lot and in all contextes there are.

But unlike most people I trully like the concept. Which is because I have turned
"the logic" upside down. What means that I consider my mortality to be one of my greatest strenghts.

Also I look at death as a chemical process and not as deep spiritual concept.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Do you think about death often. I think about it almost everyday. People who think about death do not waste time with their lives.

For a while it's all I thought about for months. I was like wtf is the point of life? I'm just going to die, who cares? Why not just have as much fun as possible? Seek as much pleasure as possible. Part of it was because I at the time, I believed if I died I was going to Hell. It was a vicious cycle thinking of death and the outcome of it in my life, paralyzed me to do much good in my life. Finally I became a Christian again and started living life to the fullest. I don't think of death anymore but life.

My mom said this " You aren't ready to live until you're ready to die"

Just my two cents.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
How so? I'd be interested to hear a bit more about it. :)

Think that most people are afraid of it becuse they did not think things through.

When I say mortality I mean pure mortality since an afterlife means that there is no mortality out there. But I since I did a lot of thinking about it I have concluded that afterlifes that are "ofered" to me are not what I want for myself. Since I think that living through eternity is basicly the worst thing that can happen to you. (on the long run)

Another thing is that since I am not afraid of death I have much less fears in life that can prevent from living it or doing certain things. This is one of the reasons why I come as so cold.
Which is because the main emotional factory (fear of death) has suffered a break down in my case. Which is because logic applys that this emotion is pointless and/or counter productive especially since life by human standards/logic can't have a real meaning even if people can force themselves to believe otherwse. Plus I am strong enough T to be able to implement all of this is practice.

The death is a wonderful thing since it removes people while new are born what can speed up the process of change since it alows new people with new ideas to come into the light.
I mean imagine that you have someone like Hitler or Stalin as imortal people.
(but this argument is not this simple)

If you are imortal you could fall into deep hole and survive but you would not be able to get out. So if people decide not to pull you out you will stay there for a very very long time. But if you are mortal you will probably not survive the fall and if you do you will starve in just a few days.
Same works for forceful imprisonment.

So your own mortality is is the main reason why you have so many personal opinions.
Especially those that are hostile towards others even if they are simple disagreement and if you add some ilogical behaviour things could get quite bad for you.
Since imortality can make you very vulnerbale to opinions of others.
Which is because if the forceful imprisonment.
I mean if you want to risk 2 billions years without freedom go ahead be my guest.

People simply dont understand the price of being imortal and living forever.
Also this provides you with a lot of self confidance sice you don't have a real reason not to believe in yourself if you are mortal.

Also I am geology student what means that "suicide attempts" are regular part of my future carrer. Since this job/profession includes wondering around a volcanos in a time of eruption, spending times in mines kilometers below the surface, walking around places covered with a minefield, encounters with hostile natives, smugglers and wild animals, claiming on rocks, smuggling of gemstones over borders, placing of explosives in narrow underground places like caves, wondering around glaciers and other similar stuff.

Once we were on "the field" but to come to the place where are rocks that are interesting to us we had to run through a narrow channel through which trains are passing. So if the train does not kill you it will pass less then a meter away from you.
In the end they ahve told us that there is a other way which we will take on our way back. The thing is that this route is chosen this so that we get the sense of stressful situations. Since sometime you just have to go through "the danger zone" to get the job done.

I mean getting emotional/fearful can be really counter-productive in my job.
Since those two usually lead to reckless behaviour what can be quite dangerous.

The only real problems with this way of looking at the things is that you can come as cynical (because you are), you will lose a lot of empathy for people, and people will think you are quite eccentric person. (but some people like this kind of people).

P

Phantonym

Do you think about death often.

No, not often. I am well aware of my own mortality. I fear that something might happen to the people I love and I wouldn't want them to feel pain.
But I don't dwell on it and I'm not afraid of death.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I love life (!!!!!!), but I'm always aware that death is coming and I don't fear it at all. For me, thinking about death, is like thinking about water or space.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
On the occasions I do, it's usually before I'm about to sleep and then I lay awake for awhile, ridiculously trying to imagine what not existing would be like.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Almost every day before I go to sleep. I seem to have some mental connection between sleep and death, because most other times it doesn't come to mind.

Unfortunately for me this has connected the act of going to bed with a negative emotion - fear. I've had many nights where I simply stay up too late attempting to fatigue myself to the point where I know I'll fall asleep quickly. The next day is not kind to me for it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I wonder, if death thinks about me often :D