• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people seem to dislike INTJs?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't particularly 'dislike' some INTJs.

... Just don't prefer them being around them. That's only 'some'.

Yeah, ENTJs don't like their influence and power being undermined... for some strange reason.

Jaguar

What?
May I ask what sources you used?

If you think I am speaking about a specific MBTI type, I am not.

I don't need a "source" for my opinion.
You ask someone why X isn't finished.
They answer: "Oh, it's a work in progress."

Just think, if you claim everything you do is a "work in progress,"
you'll never have to draw a formal conclusion about any of it.
At the same time, you can also avoid having to hear any conclusions from others.

Your tombstone will read:
I'm dead, but my work is still in progress.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, ENTJs don't like their influence and power being undermined... for some strange reason.

Wrong. Some of us (actually) do serve to be resourceful, and honest - but when you're in a circumstance that requires careful attention to the people concerned... and then you have some 'courageous' INTJ in the background present that objects to virtually 'everything' you're saying - bringing in some next crap... it does kind of make you wonder why he's doing it.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wrong. Some of us (actually) do serve to be resourceful, and honest - but when you're in a circumstance that requires careful attention to the people concerned... and then you have some 'courageous' INTJ in the background present that objects to virtually 'everything' you're saying - bringing in some next crap... it does kind of make you wonder why he's doing it.

Haha, I guessed correctly.

BEHOLD! My knowledge of MBTI!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you think I am speaking about a specific MBTI type, I am not.

I don't need a "source" for my opinion.
You ask someone why X isn't finished.
They answer: "Oh, it's a work in progress."

Just think, if you claim everything you do is a "work in progress,"
you'll never have to draw a formal conclusion about any of it.
At the same time, you can also avoid having to hear any conclusions from others.

Your tombstone will read:
I'm dead, but my work is still in progress.

That's a fine point, but conceptualizing certain forms of data as inherently incomplete data sets allows us to use inductive reasoning. We can never have complete information, but the more we gain the more we approach total comprehension, like a parabola approaching zero.

It also doesn't indicate in any way that I never finish anything, or that everything in my life is a work in progress. This doesn't seem to follow at all.

(I didn't think you were referring to a specific MBTI type in this case, btw.)

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haha, I guessed correctly.

BEHOLD! My knowledge of MBTI!

Ahh, don't shoot!

... Heheheheh - just thought I speak my mind, and the INTJ was my brother. Or, maybe it's a family thing, I don't know...

Frank

Logically, I don't see much of a reason for it, except that perhaps people get too emotionally distraught over our cold humor? Maybe we're a bit biting in our wit, but I don't think we deserve the reputation of being cold, hostile, completely emotionless, analytical, and evil. :(

Slightly cold, a bit maniacal, repressive, controlling, logical, maybe.

Thoughts?

Jealousy would be my first guess. Most people don't like to be reminded of their shortcomings and INTJs can do this by merely existing.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm just wondering.

Why is this thread filled with possible reasons why people don't like INTJs, and not reasons that they seem to INTJs to not like INTJs?

RenaiReborn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I must ask - why is chess divided by gender? :huh:
Something along the lines of "giving girls more of an opportunity". Frankly, I think they're scared of us girls kicking their asses. :)

Cool, wanna teach me how to not suck?
I'm not that wonderful, I don't think. But practice is a good start.

I was wondering who hates INTJs to begin with...
Look for those posts that smell overly emotional. You'll find them there.

cheerful-pessimist

MBTI Type
ENtJ
Enneagram
8w4

It's not that we don't like our influence and power being undermined... It's just that we think we're right about our specific interests and that most everyone else isn't. :p
However, INTJs can sometimes be insightful, even if cold and logical beyond all belief. That's useful. I like my INTJ friend when he talks about things that are pertinent to me somehow and make sense.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Fuck, i don't care.

I was like, people dislike INTJs? And then I was trying to remember if there are any people who dislike me. And then I had to remember that, yeah, there have been. Which was a bit of a surprise. Remembering it was the surprise. Being disliked, well, jeez, when someone dislikes me, I'm like, well, okay, that's that finished with then. And it's off to find another way to make happen what I wanted to make happen.

See, the only time dislike is an issue is when I have to keep working with that person. And I'll put a fair amount of effort into not having to be near or help or work with people who actively don't like me. Passive dislike isn't that big a deal, but people actively working to stop whatever is supposed to work, them I don't need to be near. And if they're actively fucking with the project, then the project is over, and I'll find another way to do it myself.

And then I forget about it. I could say i don't care, but mostly it's I don't think about it any more. Because problems aren't unsolvable. If there's a problem, it can be fixed. (Of course, in real life, this is not true, but who cares? It's my approach and I assume it by nature.)

In recent times, like in the last twenty years, I remember being upset once when someone didn't like me. It was some kind of turf thing. He was an ES of some kind, I think, and when he took a dislike to me, he really took a dislike to me, and I had to live in the same building.

ooo, wait--maybe there're more bones in the closet. See, INTPs seem to worry me too. they're competent thinkers to be respected, but when you're outside the circle, you're outside, man.. and there's something I do that always sees me be on the outside. My supervisor in university was INTP. I don't think he ever liked me.

I don't expect he ever will, really. Not in a way I recognise. Sad, I guess. But that's just another thing that won't work. Which isn't a boundary or a limit. Because everything has a solution. Which isn't true, but so what? It's my approach and I assume it by nature.

What? Dislike is a live issue? What are you people, feelers?

juggernaut

Permabanned
Fuck, i don't care.

I was like, people dislike INTJs? And then I was trying to remember if there are any people who dislike me. And then I had to remember that, yeah, there have been. Which was a bit of a surprise. Remembering it was the surprise. Being disliked, well, jeez, when someone dislikes me, I'm like, well, okay, that's that finished with then. And it's off to find another way to make happen what I wanted to make happen.

See, the only time dislike is an issue is when I have to keep working with that person. And I'll put a fair amount of effort into not having to be near or help or work with people who actively don't like me. Passive dislike isn't that big a deal, but people actively working to stop whatever is supposed to work, them I don't need to be near. And if they're actively fucking with the project, then the project is over, and I'll find another way to do it myself.

And then I forget about it. I could say i don't care, but mostly it's I don't think about it any more. Because problems aren't unsolvable. If there's a problem, it can be fixed. (Of course, in real life, this is not true, but who cares? It's my approach and I assume it by nature.)

In recent times, like in the last twenty years, I remember being upset once when someone didn't like me. It was some kind of turf thing. He was an ES of some kind, I think, and when he took a dislike to me, he really took a dislike to me, and I had to live in the same building.

ooo, wait--maybe there're more bones in the closet. See, INTPs seem to worry me too. they're competent thinkers to be respected, but when you're outside the circle, you're outside, man.. and there's something I do that always sees me be on the outside. My supervisor in university was INTP. I don't think he ever liked me.

I don't expect he ever will, really. Not in a way I recognise. Sad, I guess. But that's just another thing that won't work. Which isn't a boundary or a limit. Because everything has a solution. Which isn't true, but so what? It's my approach and I assume it by nature.

What? Dislike is a live issue? What are you people, feelers?

+1

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's like being asked to be knocked off the fence, though, isn't it, saying one doesn't care about being disliked?

I think it's a past tense thing. Looking into the future, I really won't be looking forward to being disliked. But there's a basic thing about cooperation that I value. And it's a bit like I have to say, well, people cooperate or they don't. It's that famous criterion: "does it work." Taking into account that I don't have the desire or the dishonesty to focus on making people like me rather than having something to work together on.

That being said, it'd still be fairly bleak to look into the future and see only dislike. Something would have gone really wrong then.

juggernaut

Permabanned
^Agreed, though I really don't care when it happens (most of the time). I would much rather get along with people than not and I generally just walk away when I find out someone doesn't like me. It doesn't hurt me unless it's someone that I really believed to have been a friend. The rest of the time it's just an inconvenience. I doubt most people are even aware how little I care about being disliked, in general, as I do go to some effort to avoid confrontation. If I do get into one, it's generally over very quickly and I get over it even more quickly.

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ
My theory - most people don't get to know INTJ's well enough to decide that they like them well enough to hang around with, because INTJ's are too busy reading books and developing theories and all that INTJ stuff they do. They only let a few people close to them, and when they reveal themselves, they are complex creatures that are difficult to fully understand. Basically, it's their choice to be loners - they don't much care about making friends or impressing people (at least not the INTJ's I know - my husband and one of my BFFs are both of that persuasion.)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I if I remember correctly long ago there was a Poll on INTJf about age.
And it turned out that over half of the forum was below 20 and large part of the other half wasn't much older.
While INTJs in this forum are over 25 by a large degree, at least that is how it seems.
(just a thought)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Logically, I don't see much of a reason for it, except that perhaps people get too emotionally distraught over our cold humor? Maybe we're a bit biting in our wit, but I don't think we deserve the reputation of being cold, hostile, completely emotionless, analytical, and evil. :(

Slightly cold, a bit maniacal, repressive, controlling, logical, maybe.

Thoughts?
Yes.
You did not pose a question.
You made a statement.
Well done.