• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people seem to dislike INTJs?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Agreed, though that wasn't my point. If they're INTJs and insufferable people, that may be an interesting contribution to the thread.

Since they clearly aren't, it can't be considered a real sample.

What types are they?

(Sorry for not making sense, I just got up from a particularly intense nap)

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if it is possible to type people with mental disorders, I certainly lack experience for it.

They're mostly not INTJs though, that seems to be sure. The 'cold and lonely genius' stereotype seems to fit their geekiness or inflate their ego. INTJs don't fail to understand that antisocial retards != highest genius

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I wonder if it is possible to type people with mental disorders, I certainly lack experience for it.

They're mostly not INTJs though, that seems to be sure. The 'cold and lonely genius' stereotype seems to fit their geekiness or inflate their ego. INTJs don't fail to understand that antisocial retards != highest genius

How do you know they're not INTJs who are just so immature/have such a mental disorder so they think this way?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you know they're not [...] immature

Perhaps. They may be immature ISTPs, INTJs, INTPs, ISTJs etc. etc., but the "I'm the TOUGHEST genius around here, and I have an IQ of 232 zillion" doesn't really feel like a rational with primary Ni. We can't exclude the possibility that at least some of them may be INTJs, which of course doesn't mean anything.

(IMO - I hope you've realized I don't have and can't possibly have any facts to back this theory up, it's just a hunch; feel free to disagree with it)

have such a mental disorder so they think this way?

If they have a mental disorder that makes them think like an INTJ doesn't make them INTJs.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How can you tell the difference?

Yeah, I didn't make myself clear. I wanted to say "If they have a mental disorder that makes them think they are INTJs doesn't make them INTJs." These people do not seem to think like "normal" INTJs with or without personality problems.

As for your question concerning an imaginary scenario, I'm positive professionals can figure out the difference between someone born as an INTJ or any other type (which stabilizes at the age of 10 or so?) with delusions AND "normal" people who are INTJs. Can't say that for sure :unsure:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
BT and BM: age is certainly a factor with NTs... well said. I've had a young INTJ try to correct the way I pronounce my own name *sigh*.
But on the whole, I have so many wonderful INTJ friends and I adore them. Great people. The majority of my closest friends are INTx. Love 'em.

Except for Edgar. He's officially my arch nemesis and he sucks the souls from puppies. It's a love/hate thing: he loves me and I hate him...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJeB0iEXMBI"]I hate...[/YOUTUBE]

Where is that email you've promised to send me, bidnatch?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Where is that email you've promised to send me, bidnatch?

:doh: the only response I can give you is that ENTPs are about the laziest underachievers known to man when faced with a tedious task. Ok, maybe it's just me... :whistling:

I seriously don't know why I have such a mental block with this one friggin little thing. I procrastinate and procrastinate and I suck. Sorry.

(smooches and forgiveness?)

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I just sent it, Edgar. It took me all of 3 minutes...

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
most INTJs usually are exceedingly serious when they think they know everything better than any other people.
Because that's usually the reality with INTJs who are debating a subject they have researched.

That was fun :popc1:

And herein lies the open-mindedness of the INTJ vs. INTP I've noticed. Entertaining "the ridiculous".

Well let's go for the heavy use of mbti clichés.
I notice that i tend to see facts as a correlation of relationships if you will, I could indeed use a thought 'structure' and apply it to other things because I mostly see the universe as one big ever expanding and always related structure\algorithm.

While most intjs i know tend to put far more importance to the thing in itself rather than the process\dynamics.

Seems to me to be at the root of lot of misunderstanding between Ne\Ni NTs.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just sent it, Edgar. It took me all of 3 minutes...

If I was paying for any of this shit, I'd demand a refund.

This actually reminds of a conversation I've had with another ENTP... he knows who he is... Yeah you, asspirate!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:doh: the only response I can give you is that ENTPs are about the laziest underachievers known to man when faced with a tedious task. Ok, maybe it's just me... :whistling:

I seriously don't know why I have such a mental block with this one friggin little thing. I procrastinate and procrastinate and I suck. Sorry.

(smooches and forgiveness?)

Indeed!

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If I was paying for any of this shit, I'd demand a refund.

This actually reminds of a conversation I've had with another ENTP... he knows who he is... Yeah you, asspirate!

Hey, you get what you pay for - you cheap bastard.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't particularly 'dislike' some INTJs.

... Just don't prefer them being around them. That's only 'some'.