• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people seem to dislike INTJs?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I'd say the way to convince an INTJ that he's wrong is to show objectively that his current interpretation isn't producing long-term results effectively.

Breaking it down to the most obscure logical ends of hypotheticals is not very attractive because it's just a waste of time. Apply this principle to something useful (even if it takes a long time to show return, that's fine) or abandon it and find a more effective one.

Pretty much correct, SW. You must know a few of us offline...

As an addendum, make sure you've done your homework for the inevitable battery of detail intensive follow-up questions that's sure to follow your alternative suggestion. Being open to possibility is generally something we (I) take pride in, so if you've something better, we're typically not inclined to allow misguided pride to obscure the clarity of our vision (would be contrary to our results-oriented mentality).

Yet, if your comprehension is found wanting - even in an area that's yet mysterious to your INTJ - chances are you'll be relegated (along with your conjectures) into the intellectual 'maybe' column, where your offered points will invariably be absorbed (maybe even tacitly equipped after awhile...) into the ever-evolving pet theory of the INTJ.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pretty much correct, SW. You must know a few of us offline...

As an addendum, make sure you've done your homework for the inevitable battery of detail intensive follow-up questions that's sure to follow your alternative suggestion. Being open to possibility is generally something we (I) take pride in, so if you've something better, we're typically not inclined to allow misguided pride to obscure the clarity of our vision (would be contrary to our results-oriented mentality).

(Assuming the "INTP" on your username is a joke/social experiment and that you actually are INTJ...)

Yes, that's why I often prefer you to INTPs when it comes to work-related environments where productivity is a goal. I get along a little better with INTPs when it comes to just hanging out and exploring ideas for fun, but INTJs are much more helpful for getting something done, and done the most effective way, no matter how non-traditional it may seem--and that's what I really like about them.

That and their wry Ni humor--"Wouldn't it be funny if we interpreted it this way instead?"--but it's much subtler than Ne humor, and sometimes I like how they don't go very far to make sure you understand. Making others see its own perspective is simply not important to Ni. If they got the connection, that's all that really matters, and there's something admirable about that attitude to me.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
(Assuming the "INTP" on your username is a joke/social experiment and that you actually are INTJ...)

Yes, that's why I often prefer you to INTPs when it comes to work-related environments where productivity is a goal. I get along a little better with INTPs when it comes to just hanging out and exploring ideas for fun, but INTJs are much more helpful for getting something done, and done the right way.

Actually, you answered your own question, in terms of my listed 'type'. Well done.

I am sharpening my personal suspicions concerning the nature of my psychological identity, as it applies to personality theory. Alternating between types is an efficient means to gain inferential/latent data on perceived differences in my personality against my offered MBTI.

How this ultimately jives in syncopation is still a work in progress/incomplete data set.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
That's not true. INTPs are the most logical, and they piss me off with their incessant need to break down and explain everything.

DING DING DING!

INTPs are the worst. INTJs at worst are of medium difficulty in the universal spectrum of all things living.

RenaiReborn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I wasn't being serious. I was just playing along with the thread. I like INTJs. Overall they are good people and not malicious at all. Both my brother and my cousin have this temperament. And they are great. :hug:

INTJ just seem cold cause they live in their heads most of the time. Alot of people think my brother is cold and judgemental but he's not even paying attention to anyone.

(It occurs to me that I write so dry...that other people can't see I'm playing around. sorry about that)
I completely say that you were playing around. Otherwise I would have directed a comment more typical of an affront.

That's right: they are not malicious at all, but rather insufferable. Most of the time, they are way too self-absorbed and selfish to bother slander other people for fun.

Too bad. (They don't know what they're missing!)
Generalization number one.

If you want to understand how to instinctively dislike 80% of the so-called INTJs, just go to their forum. Visit them, it will teach you a lot.

Most of them are neurotic, misanthropic, narcissistic, pretentious, and severely lack humour.

And unlike the ENTPs, where arrogance is only a facade, a game, a kind of comedy, most INTJs usually are exceedingly serious when they think they know everything better than any other people.

A lot of them are irrational, irresponsible braggarts who are not even aware how ridiculous some of their claims actually are.

---

Now the curious fact is that most of my close IRL friends are INTJs.

And even here. But the INTJ subspecie you meet on Typology-central seems to be a very different breed, far more concise, polite and agreeable (1)...

---

(1) I hope they won't take this word as an insult... :rolli:[/size]

Generalization 2, 3, and 4, followed by a statement that almost made me like you.

No, they are usually assuming they know everything better just because they are INTJs.
And that's false, especially when they are unaware of their severe neurotic behavior. They don't know themselves very well, and especially their own limits.

When you challenge an immature INTJ, chances are he won't even understand why and when his reasonings are faulty, no matter how absurd or ridiculous they are. Trying to explain them is simply a waste of time.

You know, the INTJ-forum is the only place where I have found kids who tried to teach me botany and landscape theory. But the most astounding fact is that they were dead serious about it. An INTP would have used bad faith instead, and would have shown it clearly. But INTJs are not aware of these subtleties.

So it was hilarious. Or depressing.
Five and six soon followed.

Why.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, you answered your own question, in terms of my listed 'type'. Well done.

I am sharpening my personal suspicions concerning the nature of my psychological identity, as it applies to personality theory. Alternating between types is an efficient means to gain inferential/latent data on perceived differences in my personality against my offered MBTI.

How this ultimately jives in syncopation is still a work in progress/incomplete data set.

And I appreciate that you can view it from that perspective.

I get annoyed with certain types who are unable to consider incomplete data sets useful in any way, as works in progress. How irritating.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
And I appreciate that you can view it from that perspective.

I get annoyed with certain types who are unable to consider incomplete data sets useful in any way, as works in progress. How irritating.

Indeed. We seem to share impatience with those who lack evidential comprehension.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(Protip: it's useless to argue about INTJs at INTJCentral, since... well, they're not INTJs. At least most of them aren't.)

Jaguar

Spoken by those who have never completed or achieved much of anything in life.
Shit or get off the pot.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
(Protip: it's useless to argue about INTJs at INTJCentral, since... well, they're not INTJs. At least most of them aren't.)

I don't think you can argue about INTJs on INTJcentral because they are inevitably insufferable people. Their distinguishing characteristic is not INTJness, (which is arguable trait) but rather insufferablility.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agreed, though that wasn't my point. If they're INTJs and insufferable people, that may be an interesting contribution to the thread.

Since they clearly aren't, it can't be considered a real sample.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Topic should be renamed to: "Why do people seem to dislike unhealthy INTJs?"

I don't have any problems with the INTJs I know. I just know to not go to them if I need someone to cry to.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
I think some people wouldn't like INTJs because INTJs are not agreeable for sake of being agreeable. This can lead to a perception of them being arrogent and argumentive.