• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people seem to dislike INTJs?

juggernaut

Permabanned
An INTP as anyone's interpreter is bound to be comical, if not downright hilarious.

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
What in the world makes you believe that INTPs can interpret your INFJ jibber-jabber?

Why couldn't they? You understand me.

@Blackcat: Aren't INFPs know for their tangents and disconnected thoughts? I don't think they're any better than INFJs, with fluffy ideas.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
get it together guys - you're letting Edgar distract you when you're supposed to be hatin' on HIM, not each other!!

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
but i was talking to Edgar...i just quoted the wrong person
*sigh* whatever, I'm going back to NF forums.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Logically, I don't see much of a reason for it, except that perhaps people get too emotionally distraught over our cold humor? Maybe we're a bit biting in our wit, but I don't think we deserve the reputation of being cold, hostile, completely emotionless, analytical, and evil. :(

Slightly cold, a bit maniacal, repressive, controlling, logical, maybe.

Thoughts?

I think it's because they misunderstand INTJs, and have trouble respecting their need for space combined with confidence and bluntness.

ExTJs are more accepted, and ISTJs get things a bit easier because they're less confident. :(

INTJs make wonderful friends, for as long as you can continue to prove yourself worthy of their friendship. Quite fair, I suppose.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've liked the INTJs I've known. There is something easy about the interaction overall. I prefer people who behave in a coherent manner and the INTJs I've known share this ideal. Their communication style is more direct than mine, but I appreciate it because I don't have to read between the lines. I can trust their words exactly as they offer them to me (in the instances from experience).

INTJs are one of the types out of step with the norm and often okay with that. They also seem rather resistant to being pressured or manipulated and that probably frustrates some people. They are too independent to be pressured into X by the norm.

There is also that aspect to MBTI that finds a way to berate every type. INTJs probably do get it more than the other types in some ways, but there are certainly some ripe and delicious attacks on most all the types.

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
no, im a girl. i don't think he meant it literally. sorry, for the derail. resume with the INTJ bashing.

Ardent15

MBTI Type
INTP
If I'm not mistaken INTJ is the type most commonly associated with psychopathy. Maybe that has something to do with it?

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Because they're so cold. People like people who are warm, and INTJ's aren't.
cause intj are annoying, know- it -alls.
The only way an INTJ will admit they are wrong is if you can prove that your thought process is more "logical" than theirs.
Gee, and there we go again with the TYPICAL INTJ stereotype thing. You guys should look for more balanced INTJs. Or at least not include all of us into your rant. =P

Why do people dislike us. Maybe they are jealous about us being so effective. Hehe. :D

Oh and let's not forget that we are very honest, direct and blunt; and some people don't like to hear the truth about themselves. :devil:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Personally, I find INTJs usually to be a joy to be around. Dry sarcasm, good and interesting insights and usually calm and not that volatile. They can get impatient if you repeat stuff or if your way of doing stuff is getting their way of being 'efficient' and then they're rather blunt about it. But stay clear from their path and have information they genuinly want, and they're a joy to be around ime. In fact, those with good Fi tend to be not at all judgemental, which I find refreshing, really. True, they might look at you as an oddity and test case or specimen in need of much analysing, but that's kinda endearing, I find. Nothing like getting an INTJ out of his shell by appealing to his insatiable thirst for knowledge, ime :devil:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Personally, I find INTJs usually to be a joy to be around. Dry sarcasm, good and interesting insights and usually calm and not that volatile. They can get impatient if you repeat stuff or if your way of doing stuff is getting their way of being 'efficient' and then they're rather blunt about it. But stay clear from their path and have information they genuinly want, and they're a joy to be around ime. In fact, those with good Fi tend to be not at all judgemental, which I find refreshing, really. True, they might look at you as an oddity and test case or specimen in need of much analysing, but that's kinda endearing, I find. Nothing like getting an INTJ out of his shell by appealing to his insatiable thirst for knowledge, ime :devil:

I can vouch for that. I find it increasingly hard to avoid/maintain those triggers over time, though... which is probably why I have more INTP friends than INTJ ones.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
People like people who like them, and people like people who are similar to them. INTJs dislike most people, so most people dislike them, and INTJs typically have relatively little in common with other people, again leading to dislike. Further more INTJs tend to be egocentric and low on agreeableness, leading to dislike. Introversion leads to less friends as well.

RenaiReborn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
cause intj are annoying, know- it -alls.
why is that you can't agree with the fact there are multiple right answers or right ways to approach a situations??? why??!!
:[ That would probably be because you state that it is a "fact" without backing that up? I don't know. It seems like an unbacked assumption.

Because they're so cold. People like people who are warm, and INTJ's aren't. INTJ's are interesting though, but they have to avoid turning people off long enough for another to get to know them.
I think the cold thing is really an exaggeration. INTJ's could have plenty of friends, and have a capability of being warm to people as they so choose, just like anyone else.

why do intjs seem to think people dislike them ?
See negative posts.

People like people who like them, and people like people who are similar to them. INTJs dislike most people, so most people dislike them, and INTJs typically have relatively little in common with other people, again leading to dislike. Further more INTJs tend to be egocentric and low on agreeableness, leading to dislike. Introversion leads to less friends as well.
INTJ's don't necessarily "dislike" most people, simply don't view them as useful. Having little in common with other people, that makes sense. Egocentric? No. That is an individual type of characteristic- but introversion does lead to knowing oneself better than others.