• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do T's Think F's are foolish?

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I see someone who bases all decisions in feeling to be a fool. I also see the same for someone who bases all their decisions in thinking. Life isn't life without emotion. In fact, I may be INTP, but my goal in life is to achieve a certain feeling.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I like how Into It has Fi followed by Te and he/she can't tell the difference between T's and F's and Blank has NE followed by Si and he/she can't tell the difference between N's and S's or rather they have more difficulty telling those two dichotomies apart.

I can't tell S v N just by talking to a person. The conversation flow much better when they are N for me. All you have to do is make some N hyperbole joke and wait for the S to tell you that that's not what actually happened.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
not usually...especially not NFs

explain intuition to me and ill explain why i respect Fs

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I'll be blunt. I don't care.

I think there are many foolish F's. Does that mean that all F's are fools? Of course not. When a person values their "feelings" over using reason and sense, I tend to think they're foolish unless if their feelings naturally coincide with the rational or logical reaction.

I find one of the hardest things to figure out is S vs. N, not F vs. T, because I can easily determine T vs. F in a conversation, but I can't determine S vs. N without study.

I tend to aagree that there are many F's who are guided by F without much consideration of their own lack of logic. This can seem very a bit self-serving and silly.
But T's have a similar problem: I have seen them use logic to justify a conclusion, but in doing so, they neglect to consider the often emotional or irrational reason for their opinion in the first place. It happens here all the time...where is the logic in that? It seems prejudicial and self serving as well.
So we both miss reality by relying on our natural tendencies too much.