• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Question for INTP females..

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Do most INTP females have pretty much the same look.. On the sociology site it talks about Type Identification with looks. I have seen some other pics of INTP and they do have similar shaped faces... Oh and one other question, what interests do you have?

Here's a pic of my daughter (INTP)..

Cuteyaisha.jpg

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You tell me. Of course, I'm way older than your daughter. She looks to be about the age of my daughter.

Crap! Why can't I do a picture right?

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
You are cute.. Just like her, thin face, thin upper lip and expressive eyes.. Of course it's all subjective so other's input would be highly valued here too.

BTW how did you get the picture to post like that? I can't seem to make them thumbnail size..

Oh about my daughter she is 11 going on 12.. I'm 37 and you?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi Eiddy,

you can attach the file using options under your large text box. (Right now you're using the Insert Image icon from above the large text box.) Just look in that list of options down there, and it'll insert the thumbnail as with P's post.

I personally think the Socionics focus on physical indicators for type is mostly wrong. There's no consistency nor nuance to the physical appearances. For myself, I've met INTPs of all different shapes and sizes IRL. Same with other types. Lots of variety, and lots of reasons why someone might look a certain way aside from an imposed system like MBTI.

I think there are personality traits that can have an impact on physicality. (For example, a high-driven personality might not eat as much as they should, so they'll typically be skinnier as a generalization.) But there are lots of reasons why a person might be skinny.. which is why it cannot be a reliable type indicator, and especially when we get into things like thin lips... well, no. There's no discernible visible pattern that can be articulated and used to predict results with any consistency. It seems only slightly better than studying bumps on someone's skull as an indicator of personality.

Thanks for sharing the pic of your daughter, she has a sweet smile. :)

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
ok, let me try this again.. lol

Options didn't do anything.. it just has a box for quote. Ah ok I went into Advanced options and I see it down there..

Here's a pic of me. Hopefully it will come out so small no one could see it. LOL

Oooh that's better than using Photobucket.. Thanks, your great Jennifer..

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Do most INTP females have pretty much the same look.. On the sociology site it talks about Type Identification with looks. I have seen some other pics of INTP and they do have similar shaped faces...

Lovely pics, Eiddy. There was a similar thread active a couple of days ago. If you look between pages 7 and 9, some folks (myself included) posted or linked to their pictures. (The rest of the thread is basically useless, though :yes:) Also, if you hadn't already noticed, there are two picture threads in the Bonfire area. It's tedious, but you might want to look through those if you're interested in picture typing.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You are cute.. Just like her, thin face, thin upper lip and expressive eyes.. Of course it's all subjective so other's input would be highly valued here too.

BTW how did you get the picture to post like that? I can't seem to make them thumbnail size..

Oh about my daughter she is 11 going on 12.. I'm 37 and you?

I couldn't figure out any other way to get it to post. :doh:

My daughter is 12. I'm 43, but that picture was taken in February, so I was only 42 then. :)

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Thanks Orangey, I have been there and it is tedious. (hundreds of posts there) :D As for typing does it seem that INTp's have similar features? I know I tend to think so. Intp really are beautiful, cute could describe all of you too.

Popsicle you were right about them being close in age.. Does your daughter want to get online all the time also??

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Thanks Orangey, I have been there and it is tedious. (hundreds of posts there) :D As for typing does it seem that INTp's have similar features? I know I tend to think so. Intp really are beautiful, cute could describe all of you too.

Popsicle you were right about them being close in age.. Does your daughter want to get online all the time also??

My daughter is INFP (they were tested at school) and she lives online. MySpace and AIM are her lifelines.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
My daughter also wants to live online, so far I let her get on Skype for grandma and Youtube.. She mostly watches videos of Hannah Montana and other similar types of singers.. I try to feign interest just for her sake.. lol

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My daughter also wants to live online, so far I let her get on Skype for grandma and Youtube.. She mostly watches videos of Hannah Montana and other similar types of singers.. I try to feign interest just for her sake.. lol

Yes, Youtube seems to be another big favorite. Fortunately, she is not into Hannah Montana, The Jonas Brothers, etc.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Lol, wait, you don't love Hannah Montana??? ;)

My sons do more varied things online, my 11-year-old daughter usually only goes on the computer to watch streaming TV shows she missed online, although I think she does do the music video thing too. She's INFJ and would rather be talking low-key with someone she cares about rather than completely absorbed and alone in virtual reality right now.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
:hi:

I can't list all of my interests because there are too many! To be an INTP is to be interested in everything but at the same time nothing. But the ones I'm most obsessed with are women's rights, movies (especially world cinema), sociology (especially sociology of gender and ethnicity), travels, and I would like to study Arabic soon.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
LOL Hannah Montana.. Jennifer??

:hi: Groovejet, thanks for posting some of your interest since it seems my daughter's seem to be as mentioned above.. Oh and being boy crazy. LOL

About Arabic.. hmm it is quite a difficult language, there are some sites online that you can learn for free. At least to get the basics down. I learned because I have been here 12 years and didn't want to walk around ignorant of what was being said or written. :D

Women's rights!!! Right on, YOU RULE!!!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL Hannah Montana.. Jennifer??

Oh, for ME? ;)

Actually I can appeciate many things. I even watch Drake and Josh, High School Musical, and iCarly (among other things) with my kids. I think Miley Cyrus is actually very talented and I can see why she's a success, mostly because of her personal glow... but it's not exactly the sort of thing that can hold my interest forever.

I like anything involving learning and exploration. (That can be physical, like hiking, walking, and traveling; or it can be intellectual, studying complex and "gray area" subjects like sociology, psych, philos, religion, cultural studies, gender studies, etc.; or it can simply be experiential, by immersing myself in conversations and situations where I am learning something new about how the world works. I want to perceive and understand it all.)

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I like anything involving learning and exploration. (That can be physical, like hiking, walking, and traveling; or it can be intellectual, studying complex and "gray area" subjects like sociology, psych, philos, religion, cultural studies, gender studies, etc.; or it can simply be experiential, by immersing myself in conversations and situations where I am learning something new about how the world works. I want to perceive and understand it all.)

This.

I have something to learn from anything and everything.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
About Arabic.. hmm it is quite a difficult language, there are some sites online that you can learn for free. At least to get the basics down. I learned because I have been here 12 years and didn't want to walk around ignorant of what was being said or written. :D

How did you learn Arabic? The sucky thing about Arabic is that the one which is taught in schools i.e. Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) is usually not spoken in daily life. There's a wide gap between the Modern version and the colloquial. You're in Egypt? Awesome :) I have this dream of working for the Cairo-based Al-Ahram weekly :p

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Jennifer: Those are the same exact shows she loves to watch.. Your interests are very similar to my own.. I love all things outdoors dealing with nature or things dealing with human, metaphysical or of a paranormal nature.. :D

Groovejet: I learned Arabic first from studying a book, the letters and pronunciation, vocabulary came after I moved here.. Reading when someone thought I could never live in an Arab based land. lol Challenges very few people know what motivates...

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
If you don't mind me asking, what's having an INTP daughter like? Is it very apparent that she's INTP?

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
No I couldn't tell since she is so quiet.. I took one of those test for kids and reasoned in the factors that she didn't cry when a cat passed away. She thought her -at that time- her 9 year old brother was being overly emotional and didn't bother herself when I decided to leave the house after an arguement a few years back.. The introvert is pretty apparent in her close circle of friends and how she acts in public. Perceiving due to how disorganized her room, closets, bookshelf and anything else that follows under her stuff is thrown about. At her age, I was a perfectionist in having my room tidy. I don't jump on her about it. I just close the door or once in a great while I will grab a trash bag throw what ever is on the floor and on the bed into it; hide it up in a high place in the closet. The N part well that was from the test, I had my husband help so that it would be more objective rather then subjective..

Please don't take any of the above as criticism of a type.. She is my best friend. I give her plenty of emotional space and don't question her unless she comes back from school very late. I just don't let her go out late or alone, since things like that are looked down upon here.

She tells me I am the best, when I ask her why. She usually replies, "Because you take me out."

I think I asked of her only once today to make me coffee, she asked if I wanted coffee twice since she wanted to sit outside. :wubbie: