• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Anyone have beliefs in 2012 Nibiru?

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I bet all the money that I have that the Earth will not be destroyed in 2012. Any takers?

Engler

MBTI Type
Enneagram
N/A
I bet all the money that I have that the Earth will not be destroyed in 2012. Any takers?

Of course, if someone accepts the bet, and Earth is destroyed, then your money will be useless to them.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
It's invented by a bunch of intuitives who are aware of but in denial about the Mayan calender and created some other posibility that is less likely in order to settle their shot nerves from the true reality presented to them by the logic of the Mayan calender. An Ne developed tangent to take the mind off an Ni reality.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Can you explain this better?

Isn't it obvious? Though, i can see how Fi is now involved in all this intuitive chaos. Research the Mayan calender and try to prove it wrong through logical articulation:yes: It's impossible;)

heart

heart on fire
Isn't it obvious? Though, i can see how Fi is now involved in all this intuitive chaos. Research the Mayan calender and try to prove it wrong through logical articulation:yes: It's impossible;)

Faith cannot be disproved via logic. Doesn't make the Mayan calender any truer than any other religious doctrine.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I did research. I saw nothing anymore convincing than the Bible Codes, numerology or any other such.

Maya calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

looks like a real, physical calendar to me. i don't know why you would consider it a religious doctrine?

oh and:

The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar forms the basis for a New Age belief, first forecast by José Argüelles, that a cataclysm will take place on or about December 21, 2012, a forecast that mainstream Mayanist scholars consider a misinterpretation, yet is commonly referenced in pop-culture media as the 2012 problem.

For example, Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization FAMSI, notes that "[f]or the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". However, she considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

so much for your "research", heart.

heart

heart on fire
Anyone who reads the whole article can see it is religious calender made to schedule ceremonies and such.

But what does Goodstain believe the Mayan Calendar is going to predict? What is the reality that he thinks Ne is in denial of?

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I did research. I saw nothing anymore convincing than the Bible Codes, numerology or any other such.

Your still connecting it with religion and west Asian/european/Middleeastern unprecise and unreliable time measuring instruments that we use to this day.

Study the Mayan language, mostly it's historic (archaic) mathmatical symbols and how they are employed phonetically, then apply that to the order of the calender along with its overall nature. Key idea there is the phonetics. You will not have to study too long on the way the language uses its symbols, but you will have to understand linguistical definitions of sounds to realise any patterns.

heart

heart on fire
Your still connecting it with religion and west Asian/european/Middleeastern unprecise and unreliable time measuring instruments that we use to this day.

Study the Mayan language, mostly it's historic (archaic) mathmatical symbols and how they are employed phonetically, then apply that to the order of the calender along with its overall nature. Key idea there is the phonetics. You will not have to study too long on the way the language uses its symbols, but you will have to understand linguistical definitions of sounds to realise any patterns.

Didn't the Mayans use it to schedule their religious rites? What does any "end of cycle" mean except as human construct?

What do you think it is predicting, what is this truth that Ne is denying?

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Didn't the Mayans use it to schedule their religious rites? What does any "end of cycle" mean except as human construct?

What do you think it is predicting, what is this truth that Ne is denying?

We only see it as a schedule for religious rites because that was and still is the way it is presented to us, which is archaic in itself. Remember the writen history of those who have encountered the Mayans in the past (pick a time). There is another side to that story. However, that other side never had the chance to explain its own seperation of church and state. Reason...the Mayans were influenced by an external force that was dictated by church. Thus, the Mayans presented all their material in a church like fasion to keep some heat off their ass.

heart

heart on fire
What truth do you think they predicted that Ne is in denial about?