• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] XNTJ humor vs XNTP humor

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You guys are seriously making me question my type.

And then I look at INTPc, and think, "Nah."

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Last weekend, I went to a bookstore at the mall with my cousin and my cousin's friend, and while I was walking around, I noticed something that was completely hilarious and absurd to me, making me wish I had a camera to capture such absurdity.

On a shelf, underneath a big, fat "NON-FICTION" sign there stood a row of childrens' Bibles. I started laughing hysterically, causing my cousin and his friend to see what was up. "Well, I guess this just goes to show what the manager of the store believes."

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think someone got that idea from xkcd. I always intended to move some of them into the non fiction section for laughs, so I wouldn't doubt that others already have moved them before :D

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Eh, I don't really care about the differences. I was just sharing something humorous from an INTP's point of view which could have added to the discussion based on previous examples where the humor is different.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Last weekend, I went to a bookstore at the mall with my cousin and my cousin's friend, and while I was walking around, I noticed something that was completely hilarious and absurd to me, making me wish I had a camera to capture such absurdity.

On a shelf, underneath a big, fat "NON-FICTION" sign there stood a row of childrens' Bibles. I started laughing hysterically, causing my cousin and his friend to see what was up. "Well, I guess this just goes to show what the manager of the store believes."

Haha, I know someone who actually did this. He however got caught, and was kicked out before he could finish. I never knew someone had managed to be successful.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so what is that difference iye ama?

Actually, not so in my case. Though NTP humor is hilarious..it's more likely to make me cringe than NTJ humor. It's why I started this thread. I was hoping to see why that was :)

It's prolly the Fi/Fe thing again, but I've found that it's harder to determine when NTPs are actually joking than when NTJs joke. And oddly enough, to me INTJ humor is often more detached and less directed towards a person than NTP humor. Maybe it's because of the sarcasm, or the fact that they, as you say, don't finish their jokes like you do? I have no clue :)

There's your answer, sweety. One kind I usually get and enjoy, the other..confuses me just as about as much has it makes me laugh :)

I'm still confused as to why that is, and how I can fix it, coz I'd love to fully enjoy all NT's humorous moments :D

On a side note, I think I should rename this thread 'NT's playground' or something. Thanks for all the demo's, people ;)

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
Sometimes I make jokes about things as a way of sticking it to people who expect me to care.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Punk Lemming:

050316.jpg

:D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
entropie: that's so bad, but so awesome! :rofl1:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't understand the whole thing, but the "Aaaaaaah! My Head!" with the hammer there was funny. I think the rest is along the lines of "What was that for?" or something like that. Still a good one, that doctor must not have to perscribe glasses very often. LOL!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hehe, good one, entropie :D
Runvardh, it says arrrrghhhhh, my head, what kind of doctor are you?

Last edited:

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
German humour... it DOES exist after all :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hehe, good one, entropie :D
Rundvardh, it says ahhhh, my head, what kind of doctor are you?

This is why English and German are not said to be mutually intelligible.

Still hillarious though :D