• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] XNTJ humor vs XNTP humor

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Q: What's worse than having a worm in your apple?
A: The Holocaust

Q: What do you call a black man in a convenience store?
A: A customer

Little Timmy walks up to his mother and asks her, "Mommy, why are boys and girls different?" The mother responds, "You're adopted and Santa Claus is dead".

Q: How do you know it's bedtime at Michael Jackson's house?
A: When Michael Jackson is tired

Typology

MBTI Type
epyT
Enneagram
In my personal experience, out of all the NT's, I think ENTJs are the least funniest. :devil:

ENTPs can't help but resort to humour first, if they see that association being blatantly displayed. The workings of Ne leading....it's like a big neon sign, like the joke just begs me to make it. Usually, I snort/laugh as soon as I see the association, and then, determine, shall I say it or not? I dunno, it sounds weird but the humour makes itself, and I'm the first receipient of it, and then, I share with others...that's how my thought-process works for humour. And, ENTPs are good at twisting words to play to humour. Wit?

INTPs are the dry version of ENTP humour.

INTJs come off the left-field, and often times, it's very self-contained, such that, like others said, it might be :shock:, awkward, socially inappropriate.

And, ENTJs, to me, resemble almost SJ humour.

To add: NTJs seem to go more for the personal, while NTP go more for the detached. Anyone and everyone is applicable.

Ha. That's exactly how it is for me. The process goes as follows...

1. See joke
2. Decide whether or not I should say it
3. Formulate it into the best, and shortest possible sentence.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Ha. That's exactly how it is for me. The process goes as follows...

1. See joke
2. Decide whether or not I should say it
3. Formulate it into the best, and shortest possible sentence.

Whenever I stumble into a social occasion, I always find myself thinking this way. Almost everything I say is a comic observation; very little intellectual. Example:

Friend: [name] took a personality quiz to see what periodic element she would be. She scored as iron, which is ironic beca-

Me: Lol, ironic.

Friend: ...oh! Hahaha.

Then again, that's mainly because most of the people I talk to aren't intellectual, so I resort to comic. I only have two modes of communication. If neither fit, I don't say anything. That's probably why most people I talk to are under the false impression that I like them because of the constant stream of witty banter; I just think they're stupid and have no other way of communicating with them.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Then again, that's mainly because most of the people I talk to aren't intellectual, so I resort to comic. I only have two modes of communication. If neither fit, I don't say anything. That's probably why most people I talk to are under the false impression that I like them because of the constant stream of witty banter; I just think they're stupid and have no other way of communicating with them.

And then I'm the opposite. I can only engage in banter when I actually really like the person I'm talking to and I think are smart/quick enough to get them. Everyone else thinks I have a pole shoved up my ass.

This actually may explain a lot about NTP and NTJ differences in impressions. :shock:

RenaiReborn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
XNTJs don't have humor supposedly, I guess that would be the difference

NTP humor tends to be more witty.

NTJ humor tends to be more brutal/hostile.

I don't understand why INTJ's come across as hostile or personal. And this 'shock value' nonsense. If I use shock value humor, it's only to garner a reaction from my social group in order to see where they stand for future jokes and humorous quips. Or I'm bored with their present conversation.

I think NTJ humor is quite witty, but I may have a bit of a bias. Anyway, I believe that my point was that in my experience, NTJ humor evolves to fit the crowd with which the NTJ in question is with.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I will Americanize this so that everybody will get it. (or maybe they wouldn't)

We changed chimney on our house when I was younger.

Mother: WOW that new thing is huge.
Me: Yes it is. Now we have the capacity to burn 5 Mexicans a month.
Mother: WTF?
Me: Alright 3 Mexicans and 2 Canadians a month,
Mother: What got into you my son ? (shocked)
Me: OK,OK 2 Mexicans , 2 Canadians and one Puerto rican guy.;)

I said this just for the sake of shocking my mother.

But it is not too likely that NTP will say something like this.

Hm, an NTP might say the very same thing, but not because of the controversy but rather because of the absurdity in it. A sense for the surreal seems to be something NTP's do and NTJ's don't have...
:headphne:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Hm, an NTP might say the very same thing, but not because of the controversy but rather because of the absurdity in it. A sense for the surreal seems to be something NTP's do and NTJ's don't have...

YES.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn

I highly disagree, it might depend on the Ti vs. Ne in an INTP, but I've found all Ni users (dominant or auxiliary) to have a knack for the absurd and the surreal.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I highly disagree, it might depend on the Ti vs. Ne in an INTP, but I've found all Ni users (dominant or auxiliary) to have a knack for the absurd and the surreal.

LOL, no.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa

2nd