• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJ or INTP: Who is more misanthropic?

Which type is more likely to be a misanthrope or have misanthropic tendencies?

• Total voters
R

Riva

Because we have anonymity. With anonymity I can get away with a lot.

Meet one of us in person and you'll come away sorely disappointed.

true that.

But then again if you know how to talk to one, you'll find them to be pretty friendly.

I have some INTP friends who are quite cold and distant(and unlikable of course) at first. They even kind of push you away when you try to talk to them. But once you prove that you have something interesting to say......... ' man they take off ' they start talking and won't stop. You won't have time to take a look at the time.

Some are even adventurous. They seem to get a kick out of breaking the rules as much as my ENFP friends. But they must be dragged into it. They won't drag you into it. You have to drag them.

They talk about all the crazy things that you could do. And come up with sadistic ideas to F@#K people up, but wouldn't really do it. They have ideas, really really cool ideas.

And they don't mind making a fool out of themselves. They are not at all conscious about what others think about them.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some are even adventurous. They seem to get a kick out of breaking the rules as much as my ENFP friends. But they must be dragged into it. They won't drag you into it. You have to drag them.

Having been a rather unhealthy 5w7 in my teenage years + alcohol. I usually was the one dragging the others into trouble. :p

But I've learned a lot about myself that way and am nothing like that anymore. Even though I am still quite adventurous. :)

R

Riva

Having been a rather unhealthy 5w7 in my teenage years + alcohol. I usually was the one dragging the others into trouble. :p

But I've learned a lot about myself that way and am nothing like that anymore. Even though I am still quite adventurous. :)

Wanna come with me and burn down a house? :devil:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yah no, all kinds of trouble but never burned down houses. :p

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
I do not think this is type related. Nor do I think it is characteristic of INTPs to hate people.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Misanthropy is equal to being annoyed with mankind as a whole, right? I don't think it has to do anything with type. Or at least I don't see why an 'F' type is necessarily more content with society than a 'T' type. SJ's tend to "support and maintain institutions" though, so I guess they may be the least misanthropic compared to the other temperaments.

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Nor do I think it is characteristic of INTPs to hate people.
You're right on that one, thanks to our P-ness(lol). I think that it's maybe more of the INTJs hating people, well at least that's all I've noticed from my INTJ dad.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Distrusting people takes no effort at all, you just take what someone says or does at face value and then assume ulterior motives. You don't have to waste time figuring out what those motives are.

And disliking people only takes apathy, which is particularly effortless.

I never said I trusted people, but I don't really distrust them either, you know what I mean? They're just going to do what they're most likely to do.

Disliking != apathy

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
The types I've seen most often tromping through the house muttering how much they hate (stupid) people have been ENTP and ENTJ.

For me, so long as said idiots can be avoided.... apathy reigns.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Define misanthropic? I think on a small level, INTPs can seem more misanthropic but this is just over-sensitivity. I mean, we do have an inferior Feeling side, and combined with Ne, this makes us very judgmental of other people (and very poor judges at that, especially concerning their motivations.)

On a bigger level? We just don't give a fuck. Or we run around having grand ideas about how to save humanity, but it's just that - armchair activism. And in the process get mistaken as INFPs. The 'liberal loser' stereotype of INTP, basically.