• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's Opinion on school

Ann Asher

MBTI Type
INTP
opinion on Mass Schooling

read John Gatto's "Weapons of Mass Education".

Did I excell in school? No. I was bored, apart from Spanish and AP English. I did not think it worth my time to earn arbitrary grades. Not the best decision now that I am informed regarding grants and scholarships for college...but at the time I believed that no money equaled no college, so why bother with the triviality of High School?

Is Theory easier for Intuitive Types? Yes, I believe so. Not only easier, but more interesting to us than our SJ opposites.

In your opinion what temperament are schools most geared towards? SJ, SP, NT or NF ?
SJ's. Aren't they the majority of the poplulation? At any rate, schooling does seem to be engineered towards their type.

Any other thoughts on school?

Hmmm...I have many. But it would be more time effective for you to simply read John Gatto's books. To employ Mr. Gatto's terms: Government Monopoly
Schooling (public school) is a failure. "Schooling, properly defined, as well as how it is realized in this country in fact, is contrary to education.