• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs what do you spend most of the time thinking about?

The Pascuzzi

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1bw

This.

Also, how things work. Anything ranging from a man-made machine to a natural phenomenon to a social structure. Then, in true INTJ fashion, I consider how to manipulate the system under consideration to maximize its performance in achieving a certain goal.

For example, sex would be better if I got enough of it.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
^hey, look at the bright side: at least you've got an avatar to keep everyone entertained when your posts bore us to death.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Well, I spend most of my time thinking about how to destroy my government.:yes:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
This.

Also, how things work. Anything ranging from a man-made machine to a natural phenomenon to a social structure. Then, in true INTJ fashion, I consider how to manipulate the system under consideration to maximize its performance in achieving a certain goal.

I think about those things too - in relation to sex.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so you are saying this is only a NT issue.

No, not in the least.

It's just that "big picture" people often have trouble living in the moment ... as well as people who are either living in the past or in the future all the time.

Being in the moment - is the core of meditation(vipassana) in Buddhism.

Exactly. That is where I really began to grasp the concept, when I was studying Buddhism.

This i think is the reason i find is so hard to practice Buddhism.
I wanna be in the moment, and i convince myself that it is the right thing to do. that all emotions, sensations, feelings, thoughts are temporary
and that Logically It will feel like heaven on earth to live in the present moment. Because seeing emotions, feelings, sensations and thoughts as temporary occurrences would make me not succumb to all the burdens which are brought to you as a result of it.

But 30 seconds later I find myself thinking, why should i not be thinking, cus thinking is so fulfilling.

Not everyone can live in the moment all the time, but it's a good habit to cultivate. Some people do it more naturally, others don't. (NTs tend to "overthink" and often remove themselves from the time stream because of the third-person detached perspective they nurture in themselves. Instead of living life, they THINK about living life and what it means to live life. And some other types do too.)

Immersion in the present moment is a good thing and it gives the brain time to recharge. But if you're a good thinker, I don't think it means you're supposed to abandon that, you simply have to get it in balance and put it in context.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
No, not in the least.

It's just that "big picture" people often have trouble living in the moment ... as well as people who are either living in the past or in the future all the time.

Well, I live in the future all the time. You really can't libve in the moment when tyour thoughts runs in a different rhythm of reality. when you are thinking, time is moving foward. unless you stop thinking and time has frozen, "the moment" in a sense will never exsist. Maybe sensors have a different perspective, or time works differently for them.

Still, it is hard to imagine living in the moment, and time not moving foward in your head.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I also obsess about everything I may have ever done wrong since I was three years old. That's always fun.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
^I obsess about why people think the things they do.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
No one thing, I couldn't even give a rough sketch because it could be literally anything from one moment to the next, and I don't plan it!

From pop stars' haircuts to molecular physics, from recipes to mysticism, photography to local history, it doesn't matter, could be absolutely anything but whatever it is, you can bet I'm trying ways to fit it into the cosmos and the stuff I already know, and figuring how it alters the bigger picture, whatever new info I take in or new stuff I figure out.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I've noticed that people whom I don't know well are often frustrated when they try to hold a conversation with me. I'll make a random observation, and somehow they'll extrapolate that for me to have made such a comment, it must be a topic of particular interest for me. And no, it's just a passing detail on my way to this other observation. And no, that's not of particular interest to me either; I just mention it because it reminds me of this other thing. And no, that's not The Thing That I'm Really Interested In, either.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've noticed that people whom I don't know well are often frustrated when they try to bold a conversation with me. I'll make a random observation, and somehow they'll extrapolate that for me to have made such a comment, it must be a topic of particular interest for me. And no, it's just a passing detail on my way to this other observation. And no, that's not of particular interest to me either; I just mention it because it reminds me of this other thing. And no, that's not The Thing That I'm Really Interested In, either.

I find that a good shrug does wonders for these situations. :D

I notice the same though. I say some fact that just came up and some people immidiatly start to hammer that subject then in one way or another. And when I then don't respond back sufficiently they're like "Grr.". And I'm like *shrug*.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've noticed that people whom I don't know well are often frustrated when they try to hold a conversation with me. I'll make a random observation, and somehow they'll extrapolate that for me to have made such a comment, it must be a topic of particular interest for me. And no, it's just a passing detail on my way to this other observation. And no, that's not of particular interest to me either; I just mention it because it reminds me of this other thing. And no, that's not The Thing That I'm Really Interested In, either.

Will you quit with these amazingly incisive and well put summaries of my life experience already? :steam:

:)

Yeah... you say something and forget about it ten minutes later, no attachment to it whatsoever. Next thing you know, someone's introducing you to someone else: "This is substitute, he's into bell-ringing". Huh? Wha..? No I'm not! Whatever gave you that idea? "Oh, you're always on about it" Uhhh, oh you mean ONCE I made an observation that the common use in comedy of the bloke who gets pulled up with the rope cos he forgets to let go isn't actually physically possible?

Next thing: "This is substitute, he's into physics and science and stuff"

:dry:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A tie between "possibilities" <<connected>> "personal/social 'areas of improvement'", and
^^connected^^"the dynamic between life/death."

Where's a triangle diagram when ya need one?

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I also obsess about everything I may have ever done wrong since I was three years old. That's always fun.

WHY DIDN'T THE REF CALL THE HANDBALL!? I PRACTICALLY SPIKED IT!

Still haunts me to this day.

I feel dirty.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Anyone thinks about how the human brain works and future technology?:jew:

The way the human brain works is far more accurate than the MBTI theory.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Anyone thinks about how the human brain works and future technology?:jew:

The way the human brain works is far more accurate than the MBTI theory.

I've actually had a really KICK ASS idea for a story revolving around that subject. Disclaimer: If anyone steals it, I'm going to sue you for intellectual property rights.

All right, so, we've got people who have these little slots (for lack of a better description) on the back of their head, where society will then place a chip into. The chip will contain an extremely advanced artificial intelligence program that will monitor all of your cognitive functions as well as your physical ones and then MODIFY everyone's thoughts in 100% subtle ways to meet their everyday needs and potentially turn everyone into Brave New World-esque drones of happy, "pneumatic" people. There will people who will undoubtedly have issues with this technology, but it will still alter their thoughts so subtly that the people who are being monitored will never be able to differentiate between when they were and were not being monitored.

Example of how this monitoring would work: If a person needs more protein or whatever in their diet, the chip would modify their brain processes, so instead of thinking something like, "Mmm, I want pizza tonight," they will instead think something like, "Ooo, a run followed by a cold shower and chicken stir fry sounds AMAZING."