• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Day w/o intellect

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
any other nt's decided to do an experiment where they have to go a full day without doing anything that requires intellect like delving into something rese- arching it or striving to improve some skill you've recently mastered? and fou-
nd yourself successful until late at night when there's not much going on and your mind has all the time to wander and day dream? then you're bringing up your other browser window or eyeing that book lying somewhere next to you on your desk? It's like trying to be an SP for a day.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't think I could do it. I'd have to research HOW to do it, which would defeat the entire purpose.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Technically, this is impossible.

You could stop yourself from reading books or going online, but you could very well still analyze what was going on around you, connect it, come up with theories to explain it, etc.

The harder you tried not to do so, the more you'd think about it and end up doing it. Since all you have to do to use intelligence is think, it's hard to control whether you use it or not.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I lived like this for about a year once. I was having panic attacks, which threw my entire world into chaos. Grasping for straws, I decided I needed to live more "in the moment" and stop analyzing things so much. Which is actually not a bad thought; I just took it to extremes. It was sometimes exhilarating to try and just experience life as it came--but I also felt ungrounded, rudderless, not-me. And when people tried to get to know me, I didn't know what to give them, because I didn't know who I was, in the absence of constant analysis and introspection. Interestingly, guys LOVED me when I wasn't such a thinker. :p But I couldn't respect them for liking me then. Yeah, it was kinda screwed up.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I think I do when I go cycling for long-distance...past the 180 kms mark the brain tends to shut down completely.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
these days are called 'comas' and they are immensely boring, hence the prolonged sleep spell.

ez78705

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I need to have a flu to stop analyzing stuff.

L

Lasting_Pain

any other nt's decided to do an experiment where they have to go a full day without doing anything that requires intellect like delving into something rese- arching it or striving to improve some skill you've recently mastered? and fou-
nd yourself successful until late at night when there's not much going on and your mind has all the time to wander and day dream? then you're bringing up your other browser window or eyeing that book lying somewhere next to you on your desk? It's like trying to be an SP for a day.

Hmmm, this could be accomplished by a constant stream of alcohol and some eye candy and I am not talking about Sci-fi, a joystick, or a remote. Well maybe a joystick, if you understand the pun.

ez78705

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Hmmm, this could be accomplished by a constant stream of alcohol and some eye candy and I am not talking about Sci-fi, a joystick, or a remote. Well maybe a joystick, if you understand the pun.

Orgasm works for me for about 10-15 minutes. :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If being wasted from morning till evening counts with some psycho drugs on the side.

I've been there and it's not pleasant! I much prefer having my intellect right here with me. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ez78705;666397 said:
Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain
Orgasm works for me for about 10-15 minutes. :D

:yim_rolling_on_the_

I play Postal to "unwind" :D

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
It's like trying to be an SP for a day.

I wonder what the SP equivalent of that day would be?

Thinking about it you guys need drugs not to intellectualise, we (SPs) are at our most intellectual when under the influence. :D

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
anything i do; anything at all, i will try to improve. it is not possible for me to do something without thinking about how to better it.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I lived like this for about a year once. I was having panic attacks, which threw my entire world into chaos. Grasping for straws, I decided I needed to live more "in the moment" and stop analyzing things so much. Which is actually not a bad thought; I just took it to extremes. It was sometimes exhilarating to try and just experience life as it came--but I also felt ungrounded, rudderless, not-me. And when people tried to get to know me, I didn't know what to give them, because I didn't know who I was, in the absence of constant analysis and introspection. Interestingly, guys LOVED me when I wasn't such a thinker. :p But I couldn't respect them for liking me then. Yeah, it was kinda screwed up.

i did that for a year too...completely screwed up my life

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
jerk.gif

------

I play Postal to "unwind" :D

Why don't you go outside and explore? If I manage to still have stuff to check out trapped on this island, what's your excuse?? If I lived on the mainland, there'd be no stopping me, there'd be no corner of the continent I hadn't stayed in or driven through.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I spent all my gas money for a new exhaust and now I am broke :D

No, in fact I did alot of exploring a few years ago. Went on 3 x 3 week trips in 3 years around Europe. But at the moment money is a big issue, besides university and I couldnt finance world trips

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I spent all my gas money for a new exhaust and now I am broke :D

No, in fact I did alot of exploring a few years ago. Went on 3 x 3 week trips in 3 years around Europe. But at the moment money is a big issue, besides university and I couldnt finance world trips

Nah, money's never the real reason, just the excuse and I know cos I've used it too! If you really wanna, you can just set off and worry about money en route. There's always some way to sing for your supper wherever you are :)