• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP's and Racing Thoughts

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I still think the root lies in Ne going off the rails.

Definately, so any ENxP can find themselves overwhelmed with thoughts that just won't shut the hell up. :doh:

Especially when I lay down to try and sleep, then I go into Ne overload, if I wasn't so lazy I would write down all the insanse connections my Ne comes up with and how quickly I fly from one angle to another in this state, just so I can post them in a Ne filled thread.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Especially when I lay down to try and sleep, then I go into Ne overload, if I wasn't so lazy I would write down all the insanse connections my Ne comes up with and how quickly I fly from one angle to another in this state, just so I can post them in a Ne filled thread.

yaha...and then you can't sleep for like 2 hours after cuz thoughts slow down but you start nitpicking at them

Cady

MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe this applies to other types like INTP, but I've noticed th1. Do you experience this?
2. What is going on?
3. What helps you?

1. Do you experience this?

All day long almost non-stop. It's worse in situations where I'm alone, or unable to talk to anyone. It's like this unending torrent of concepts and ideas each one spinning off in a plethora of possibilities and questions. They'll continue even if I'm not paying much attention to them! They run in sort of a background mode that I can tune into as needed.

2. What is going on?

When there's nothing to distract me they definatly intensify. Whenever I'm doing a task that doesn't require much active brain power, like showering or cleaning (ugh) my room I sort of let myself fall into them. If no other distractions present themselves I can get lost in a pattern of thought for hours. I'll get more and more worked up as well, until I feel like I have to talk with someone about whatever new revelation has occured to me.

3. What helps you?

Copious amounts of marijuana can help quiet racing thoughts from my experience. It's one of the reasons I smoke before bed so much. >.<

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe this applies to other types like INTP, but I've noticed that sometimes I get so keyed up that my mind just spins out of control. It feels like I circle the drain faster and faster and empties into the abyss.

You are not alone.

1. Do you experience this?

= YES

2. What is going on?

= Desires of Reality are being realized Far Slower than Initially Imagined.

3. What helps you?

Ok, not being a smart ass, here's my list:

(1) Additional work/fixation on the issue at hand.
(2) TIME OUT! Clean the house and make order of everything then re-approach the problem, sometimes it just falls into place.
(3) Channel your anger/frustration. Take it all in, go the gym (or outside, whatever) and let it out. Exert your maximum physical fury into a given endeavor while keeping the real task at hand in your immediate forethoughts. Acceptance will result, then you re-organize and attack again.
(4) Sex or masturbation. Sorry, that's shallow, but it can clear thoughts up as you do release sexual frustration which can fuck alot of things up, related or not.
(5) Sheer and utter goofing off for 24 hours. Disengage, go out, and run amuk. The peace nad quiet will give you new fuel, strength, and perspective.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You are such an S, Halla. I need you to rub off on me.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Shit, wait - I mean I need your positive influence.