• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs at the gym.

Do you work out regularly?

• I'm an ENTJ and I work out regularly.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • I'm an ENTJ and I do not work out regularly.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I'm an ENTP and I work out regularly.

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • I'm an ENTP and I do not work out regularly.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I'm an INTP and I work out regularly.

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • I'm an INTP and I do not work out regularly.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I'm an INTJ and I work out regularly.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I'm an INTJ and I do not work out regularly.

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
I work out a lot. I'm not just a genius -- I also look like a model for Dolce and Gabbana. Is this obsession with working out weird for an INTJ?

I've designed this highly scientific poll to determine whether the nerds at the gym are there because they're ENTs or because they're NTJs. Or something like that.

Look, just vote in the damn poll.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
So far, the poll has an INTP who does work out regularly, and an ENTJ who does not.

I didn't expect this. I'll give the poll a few hours so I can see if the two of you are just black sheep.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I have no idea if it is odd for an INTJ. I am an INTP and work out on a very regular basis, and have for years.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
While I'm here waiting for a decent sample size for my ISTJ gnomes to crunch, does someone have a good way of isolating the serratus anteriors? I have little girly serratus muscles, and I'd like to give them extra emphasis.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I think you psycho NTJs are more likely to go to the gym.

phoenity

While I'm here waiting for a decent sample size for my ISTJ gnomes to crunch, does someone have a good way of isolating the serratus anteriors? I have little girly serratus muscles, and I'd like to give them extra emphasis.

From a plank/pushup position, I protract then retract the scapula, resting in neutral. Then you can do pullovers with a dumbell to work it in upward and downward rotation.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
From a plank/pushup position, I protract then retract the scapula, resting in neutral. Then you can do pullovers with a dumbell to work it in upward and downward rotation.

For shame, there are children reading these forums man!Children!!!

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I work out regularly, even though the "gym environment" is yucky.
Something about it just calms me down.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Gyms are disgusting. I bring disinfectants. I don't care if I look like Monk, I'm not getting MRSA.

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Yes. But the smell of sweat is quite delicious.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I exercise/work out 6 days a week, but can't stand gym environments.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Right. I should point out that I didn't preclude the possibility of working out somewhere other than a gym in the poll question.

That this does not square with the thread name or the OP is these are not the droids you're looking for.

Kalyrn

MBTI Type
INTP
I think about working out and I do so regularly.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I used to go to a gym regularly. Then we moved. Now I have no local gym to go to. :sadbanana:

I regularly jog, though? Every other morning.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I work out when I've got a place to do it. During the summers I kind of vegetate for a while until I get sick of being out of shape, then I go running and stuff.

During the school year, I work out regularly.

As for the Serratus anterior, you could try doing some lateral pull downs, really focusing on using just using your lats to pull down and not your back or arms. I don't really know of a serratus-anterior focused lift though.

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
The thought crosses my mind (even got a gift certificate for a gym here a few years ago that ended up expiring) but it'll never happen.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
INTP reporting in as big work-outer, and i'll post the pics to prove it!