• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Do INTJs often get into fights?

That One There

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Is it a rare or not-so-unbelievable occasion that an INTJ loses him/herself into (often mindless) physical altercation?

How does an INTJ handle potent belligerence from others?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I wouldn't say 'often,' but it's happened to me before.

However, these were less of the 'actual fight' variety and more of the 'forcibly move you out of my f%*#ing way' variety.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
My dad and brother are INTJs, and I know eight other confirmed INTJs. The four I know very well have never gotten into a physical fight and they rarely engage in verbal confrontations. I have never seen any violence from the others either. INTJs do have tempers when they get competitive. When my brother is losing a game he will bite himself to save those around him from his 6'7" 260 lb. worth of fury. He has broken two bones in his hand from punching things when he has gotten made a me and he has broken a few chairs (mainly due to his size), but he has never laid a finger on anyone. The only time my dad is less than a saint is when he is being nagged by one special ESFJ or when he is losing, and at that point he never loses it physically.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know about INTJs, but I can share my experience.

I've had several brief situations where I impulsively hit someone in fear or frustration, froze up, and then let them strike a few times before they realized I wasn't fighting back. In the worst one, I was blindly trying to spit on, bite, scratch, and kick the person for a moment before freezing up. Luckily someone else stopped that situation before it got out of hand.

I'm just too freaked out by conflict, and too reactive/confused in such situations to seriously fight someone. I'm pretty sure my defective instincts will get me killed someday, though.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If you need war machines to do your bidding, just gimme a call !

marmandahalf

I knew an INTJ who was always starting verbal altercations, probably because people act stupid under pressure and it amused him.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well you know a great deal of things I have no clue about

Jgib5328

MBTI Type
INTJ
When I was younger and angrier, I'd get into some fights, but I couldn't imagine it happening again.

amalia

MBTI Type
INTJ
When I was younger, I used to lash out at my brother, but now? Not so much.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Is it a rare or not-so-unbelievable occasion that an INTJ loses him/herself into (often mindless) physical altercation?

How does an INTJ handle potent belligerence from others?

When I was young I once struck a fellow but I felt awful about it. We shook hands afterwards and became friends.

Normally I'll keep my mouth shut if I judge someone to be the type that will resort to violence, or if someone is hell bent on fighting me I'll run away.

I despise people that need to use violence against others to solve arguments.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
From the few INTJs I know, most will not engage in the 'fistfight' sort of battle.
However, they can be quite belligerent with words and often instigate people into arguments, which are often not fun in nature..

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
From the few INTJs I know, most will not engage in the 'fistfight' sort of battle.
However, they can be quite belligerent with words and often instigate people into arguments, which are often not fun in nature..

:yes:

I've never been in a 'fight' where things got physical, but the people who provoked me and were LOOKING for a fight got much more than they thought. Instead of me coming at them with my fists I attacked them with words that probably made their blood run cold. The few that ever attempted this with me ended up staring at me in a kind of stupefied way and then backed away slowwwwwly.

:whistling: :D

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
Same here...I don't often get into verbal fights...unless I'm stressed to the max and my buttons are really pushed I had to walk away from a coworker because she insists on getting stuff started like competitions and instigating stuff by checking around about things she happens to hear through the gra- pevine because she thinks its funny to make people nervous and distract th- em from things and get them watched so she can get away with goofing off to make personal calls or socialize with customers or pull other coworkers aw ay from their work to socialize with them...the woman is both profoundly and fundamentally useless and I was biting my tounge just to keep from calling her an imbecile. I knew I hadn't exactly had the smoothest week last week and this week was pretty much moving along perfectly well close enough to perfectly anyways give or take a little so I made a point out of avoiding her because I wanted to keep it that way like "I'm here so I'm here to work" and when I'm not at work I'm wherever I am to have a good time and when thats out of the way its either time for family or time to work on indepenent proj- ects and then get a restful nights sleep thats how my week is going...lol. I have a friend who is an EXFP and her sister type unknown who were lost go- ing somewhere, they can call each other 'you idiot' 'you moron' 'you simpleton' and be laughing hysterically like 'if we would have went my way we would have been there by now' so I jokingly said not to make me come up there from the backseat and told them there was no shame in asking some people in this car in a parking lot for directions one of them was wearing no seat belt and knew the cop would see her reach up and put it on so she was like 'that would be stupid if i asked a cop for directions with no seat belt' so we were just laughing hysterically because her kid was young and kept ask- ing if we were in mexico yet when we live in the middle west region then we were laughing like 'we've left the county not the state' after one of those weeks little mishaps actually seem funny.

ez78705

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
If I'm conscious, I don't even get into verbal fights. I don't need to win or prove that I'm right since I already know that I am right. :) But yeah, there used to be something physical a couple times when I was a teenager.

Xenofile

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
I've never been in a physical fight, and I rarely get into sincere verbal fights. That said, I constantly instigate people into pseudo-arguments where they think I'm legitimately angry, but I'm just reasoning my way around them for my own amusement.

When I feel myself getting actually angry at someone I try to disengage from the conversation before they push me over an edge.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As the old saying says "Violence is for primitive people that lack subtlety"

I don't get into physical fight at all.
But I like verbal exchanges like debates.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mine doesn't get into fights as far as I know. I do know of certain situations that would make him *wanna* physically harm people though...

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
I got in a lot of fights when I was younger. And right now, I'm trying to figure out whether I should have a doctor look at my hand (I punched a refrigerator, hard).

L

Lasting_Pain

Maybe intellectual fights, but physical ones, I highly doubt it, because an INTJ will usually destroy you verbally before the first blow is dealt.