• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Movies that get the INTJ sobbing

porous_shield

MBTI Type
INTJ
well whatever....INTJs in general miss out on life a bit too much

In general, if an extrovert speaks of missing out of life to an introvert you'll draw their ire. I think it's something about being constantly told to "come out of our shells" and being constantly forced out into the bright world outside when we'd rather curl up with a book in the cool dark basement. If you hadn't quantified yourself with "a bit" you might have irked me a little more.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
In general, if an extrovert speaks of missing out of life to an introvert you'll draw their ire. I think it's something about being constantly told to "come out of our shells" and being constantly forced out into the bright world outside when we'd rather curl up with a book in the cool dark basement. If you hadn't quantified yourself with "a bit" you might have irked me a little more.

draw whatever you want, ill look at it how i want to...beauty does lie in the eye of the beholder, after all

im glad you realize that my main purpose in life is to irk you. that established, now you can buzz along and not feel irked at all...you know, since you understand my motivations so well

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
movies that get the INTJs going. as an ENTP, i demand that this topic be answered with full honesty...cuz i love intj girls and by god the more introverted they are, the more i love them

-Ten things I hate about you
-No Reservations

also, i figure it has to appeal to the Fi of every individual INTJ but what the hell...gotta start somewhere
Hmm... sobbing?
That always catches me off guard... and I don't cry in front of my family now because it makes them uncomfortable so they make fun of me and tell me to stop. But basically any time I see someone else cry in a movie or on tv, it might make me cry.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Eh.

I think you're conflating terminology. At the risk of soapboxing, I'll summarize an easy counterpoint:

It's not incumbent on the INTJ to domesticate what he finds personally gratifying against popular social mores, just as it isn't prudent for the ENTP to necessarily presume that his approach will be adopted by anyone other than him - even within his type. Actually, intra-typal friction is often an enthusiastic response to the wide-arching conformism of the MBTI. Individuality is far more relevant than type.

What one finds meaningful doesn't have to be a universal characteristic for it to have gravity.

actually ENTP doesn't really care who adopts his his approach..if it gets adopted, thats cool. if it doesn't, well thats fine too...maybe theres a better way

and yeah...the people who think of type first and the individual second are in the minority

i come to my conclusions because INTJ seem to have the most regrets in life....call it missed opportunities...and rather than do something to about-face it, they seem to accept it and live with it...even if it kills them

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I just hope that you undersatnd how subjective this claim is.

We are so uninterested exactly because we have too much on our minds so we don't bother that much with things in our socilal environment.
INTJs are quite alive actually, it is just that we are alive in a different way.

too much on your minds? who doesnt

sounds awfully like an excuse...or im missing something

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on your answers in this topic, I don't really think an INTJ girl would be an ideal partner for you.

... well, unless you're very good looking.

sounds awfully like an excuse...or im missing something

The latter. Or at least you have very different concepts about "missing out on life".

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Based on your answers in this topic, I don't really think an INTJ girl would be an ideal partner for you.

... well, unless you're very good looking.

haha...no, not really

but please do explain..my responses are usually purposefully directed...may cause you to miss the forest for the trees

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
A movie to break an INTJ: A stupid person survives, yet all the smart people are killed at random in accidents. Or, a movie where a man is about to structure a new computer system, but just as he presses the upload key, his computer explodes, killing him and his life's work.

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Is it really true that INTJs have the most regrets in life? I'd think that would be INFPs or other introspective emotional types. I rarely regret things because I've always been in tune with myself very well. I think I'm slow to adapt at times, but I don't regret that. I know I needed to go through what I did to become who I am today. Besides the J in me doesn't allow me to second-guess myself or my decisions much. I'm happy with what I am. Is that just me and not INTJs in general? Regret and guilt just don't work on me that well.

Anyway, to answer the thread question, I have to say that I've never, ever sobbed in a movie, not even as a kid. Sobbing is something I do every couple of years (usually due to sleep deprivation). Movies that make me a little teary-eyed are usually about a kid or an animal or a person with lots of potential who dies. Bridge to Terabithia, A Walk to Remember (when I was 12), The Incredible Journey...

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Is it really true that INTJs have the most regrets in life? ...
I've never heard or read that.
As an INTJ, it's one of my goals in life to make sure I never have any regrets.
I hate having regrets, so I avoid them at all costs.
And I suppose I have a few concerning my marriage, and maybe my children,
but I did the best I could at the time, so there's no sense in beating myself up over that.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I've never heard of INTJs having the most regrets either. It seems to me that what happens has happened and there's really little use beating yourself up about it besides for a bit of catharsis unless that self-flagellation will help with your invention of a time machine.

I have however heard that INTJs are one of the types that's most likely to seem unhappy when they really aren't. Perhaps that's what you're mistaking it for?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I have however heard that INTJs are one of the types that's most likely to seem unhappy when they really aren't. Perhaps that's what you're mistaking it for?

Yeap that was my frst thought when I came across the question.

Which is because I and T make you reserved, cold and distant what Es often see as depression.

N can greatly help in making you look lost and J can often be interpreted as a denial.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp

i did consider that...i've been told by some INTJs that they have issues...in that randomly tears started leaking when they are by themselves in their 'safe areas' like their rooms

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, maybe they're wounded INTJs then. I don't really think that typifies all of us. I'm a girl INTJ, I come from an extremely emotional family, and I still almost never cry... I'm a robot! I think healthy INTJs are happy in our own way and we don't have a lot of regrets. We have too much T and J to wallow...most of the time.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I assume that that ThisGuy is referring to the sometimes weak connection between planning and doing that one can not too infrequently see in an INTJ, especially perhaps when the INTJ is moving into areas that are outside his usual competency. Where thinking things over does not always lead to action, and sometimes even a weak sense of ability to act alters what will be planned. Thus, theoretically, regrets and missed opportunities.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Is it really true that INTJs have the most regrets in life? I'd think that would be INFPs or other introspective emotional types. I rarely regret things because I've always been in tune with myself very well. I think I'm slow to adapt at times, but I don't regret that. I know I needed to go through what I did to become who I am today. Besides the J in me doesn't allow me to second-guess myself or my decisions much. I'm happy with what I am. Is that just me and not INTJs in general? Regret and guilt just don't work on me that well.

What you said...I'm very good at turning negatives into positives or opportunities.

IME male INTJs are a bit more prone to regret.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I assume that that ThisGuy is referring to the sometimes weak connection between planning and doing that one can not too infrequently see in an INTJ, especially perhaps when the INTJ is moving into areas that are outside his usual competency. Where thinking things over does not always lead to action, and sometimes even a weak sense of ability to act alters what will be planned. Thus, theoretically, regrets and missed opportunities.

mmm...finally something thats new...would explain a few things

time for me to go thinker on all y'all

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
You know, however, of course, that as ENP, your role isn't to break down the poor sucker INJs, right? But maybe only if they've got a T on their J, I guess.

Dude, we don't do Fe. If you want to start digging in with the probes and the pushing, and eliciting feeling, best you'll do is turn the INTJ inward. Not outward. Not looking back at you.

It's a frailty, sure, but hello Joy Division.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
But maybe only if they've got a T on their J, I guess.

say what

Dude, we don't do Fe. If you want to start digging in with the probes and the pushing, and eliciting feeling, best you'll do is turn the INTJ inward. Not outward. Not looking back at you.

It's a frailty, sure, but hello Joy Division.

i was just thinking that...appealing to the Fi

im not as much probing as i want understand her...i can somewhat predict her actions but not completely honed in on the intent yet...theres nothing in our convos that i can decidedly identify with a positive or negative on the romantic scale (well not quite true, but its vague)...so i turn to my Ne and when that sucker goes crazy trying to figure out her intentions