• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Movies that get the INTJ sobbing

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I was speaking in general. *sigh*

Why would you need to show empathetic resolve? We're talking about movies, aren't we?

That's why I said, 'as an aside'.

I was referring to instances outside the context of what the thread offered...

As an aside, there are often better ways to display empathetic resolve than to simply implode in tears...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's why I said, 'as an aside'.

I was referring to instances outside the context of what the thread offered...

Yes, dear. And anyway, when did I say "crying was the only answer"?

(Sheesh, you say one positive thing about INTJs and the guys take that as an excuse to be a total <beep>).

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
(Sheesh, you say one positive thing about INTJs and the guys take that as an excuse to be a total <beep>).

I thought it took strength to display sincerity in emotion?

Go for it, LL...

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:devil:

A movie like that, that is so well-crafted, and moves at a glacial pace and still captivates me is a rare one.

Besides, we discussed it back in the day!

;) I re-watched it today, and loved it even more than before.

It was excellently crafted; incredibly romantic, extremely beautiful.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Most movies make me weep in despair for the future of humanity. Watching a vacuous summer blockbuster reminds me that most people are crass, shallow and, frankly, stupid.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Most movies make me weep in despair for the future of humanity. Watching a vacuous summer blockbuster reminds me that most people are crass, shallow and, frankly, stupid.

:yes: I know exactly what you mean.

I'm a bit skeptical about you being an INTJ now, though. For one thing, you've implied that you care about the future of humanity. I think INTJs want an efficient future, and things being better for people is just kind of a side effect.

Also, you're bothered by crass behavior and shallowness. I think an INTJ would normally be oblivious to those things, because that's something of a moral judgment.

If you really are an INTJ (which you probably are)... quit spending so much time with INFPs, and try to focus on improving your projects again. Your conscience and sense of taste are working overtime, and it's killing you.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Personal taste and value-judgments are two of the many things which escape the grasp of the MBTI, which predicts precious little and is routinely undermined in the rare case that it does make a testable claim.

My INTJ grandfather had a collection of overly-sentimental movies. My ISFP friends (who are supposed to love good food and wine) drink Arbor Mist and eat at Applebee's. I, on the other hand, subscribe to Bon Appetit, Cigar Aficionado, and Wine Spectator. I have a good collection of cigars and wines, and my amuse bouches are the stuff of legend. The MBTI doesn't, in my experience, manage to be an infallible (or even halfway decent) predictor of aesthetic or moral judgements.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
IME, INTJs just need time to 'warm up', sort of speak. Just spend time with her (movies are good :D) and don't push. Banter sessions are fun, but make sure there are some serious silent pauses where you just quietly enjoy each others company. It gives them time to let it sink in and digest stuff (the emotions they are experiencing when near you etc). They take their sweet time but once they make up their mind, as with anything else, they're pretty efficient about letting you know :D

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
IME, INTJs just need time to 'warm up', sort of speak. Just spend time with her (movies are good :D) and don't push. Banter sessions are fun, but make sure there are some serious silent pauses where you just quietly enjoy each others company. It gives them time to let it sink in and digest stuff (the emotions they are experiencing when near you etc). They take their sweet time but once they make up their mind, as with anything else, they're pretty efficient about letting you know :D

tru dat

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not an INTJ at all, but it's very difficult to make me cry during a movie. Titanic just would rather make me laugh (it's so cliche, the scenario is simply ridiculous).

But sometimes, I experience a deep emotional connection. Maybe it's related to my own story? Probably.

For instance, with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I.A, Brazil, or Dersu Uzala.

But before, the movie has to be deep, well-made, or visually beautiful... it has to put me into a kind of thinking trance. "The thin red line", for instance... But it didn't make me cry, even if the "thinking trance" was there. It can haunt me for days afterwards.

---

When I was a kid, two other French animated cartoons managed to make me cry. They were "Le roi et l'oiseau", and "Les maîtres du temps".

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've never seen Les maîtres du temps. I just watched Fantastic Planet though, and loved it.

I just remembered that a movie did make me cry (at least indirectly) in the last few years. My dad called me. "Hey, you know that movie you're always going on about? Rushmore? I just saw another one just like it: Napoleon Dynamite. You should watch it."

I wept tears of rage while contemplating patricide.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
:yes: I know exactly what you mean.

I'm a bit skeptical about you being an INTJ now, though. For one thing, you've implied that you care about the future of humanity. I think INTJs want an efficient future, and things being better for people is just kind of a side effect.

Also, you're bothered by crass behavior and shallowness. I think an INTJ would normally be oblivious to those things, because that's something of a moral judgment.

If you really are an INTJ (which you probably are)... quit spending so much time with INFPs, and try to focus on improving your projects again. Your conscience and sense of taste are working overtime, and it's killing you.

:huh:

Wrong on both counts. I feel sad that some people think things like this about us.

:cry:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
/Ne mode on

Ok this is like big brother Fi dissing little brother Fi...

Blackcat, be nice to the INTJs! :azdaja:

(and that was the parent-Fi...all we need now is baby Fi to go *whhhhaaaa*. All the frigging ENTJS are busy though I'm sure)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
/Ne mode on

Ok this is like big brother Fi dissing little brother Fi...

Blackcat, be nice to the INTJs! :azdaja:

(and that was the parent-Fi...all we need now is baby Fi to go *whhhhaaaa*. All the frigging ENTJS are busy though I'm sure)

Well. I guess the INTJs would have known I was being sarcastic. :devil:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

But I don't want them to go away! :cry:

I can help with projects... :puppy_dog_eyes: