• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Movies that get the INTJ sobbing

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
movies that get the INTJs going. as an ENTP, i demand that this topic be answered with full honesty...cuz i love intj girls and by god the more introverted they are, the more i love them

-Ten things I hate about you
-No Reservations

also, i figure it has to appeal to the Fi of every individual INTJ but what the hell...gotta start somewhere

mystify529

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Titanic :cry:
Schindler's List
The Reader

There are some more movies, can't remember them though..

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not so sure what you're trying to do is a good idea if you actually like INTJs. If you don't like them and just want to see if you can make them cry, it's probably fine, though.

For one thing, INTJs are intensely... personal creatures. Their feelings are somewhat quirky and they as individuals tend to react very differently to the same things, especially since you're dealing with Fi here. Fi is like nitroglycerin, volatile and unpredictable.

Also, INTJs hate being manipulated, and they're very good at figuring out when someone is doing it to them, even if only in a small way. If you find a weakness, you can get an INTJ to open up to you. The thing is, if they weren't ready to open up, they'll become very shy and defensive, and might well take pains to distance themselves from you afterwards. Mostly because they're extremely vulnerable at that point, and they really, really don't like that feeling if it's brought on them by an external situation rather than their own volition.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
movies that get the INTJs going. as an ENTP, i demand that this topic be answered with full honesty...cuz i love intj girls and by god the more introverted they are, the more i love them

Then wouldn't you do better with movies that make them laugh?

Or are you one a them soul vampires?

*checks type tag, ah, yes, ENTP*

INFJs will get hot after a cry-fest vid. INTJs, not so much. Make em laugh.

And for the record, I tear up near the end of The Last Mohican, the sequence on the cliff path, but it's not getting me into bed with an ENTP.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Then wouldn't you do better with movies that make them laugh

dont need movies for that

i want a relationship with the one im after. getting in bed is not exactly a problem...or a need at this point

it was crazy the way she opened up this past weekend...making up for all the time shes been not so open and somewhat distant...not a lot going in the feeling connection area though...or maybe it is, but its not expressed outwardly too much...only implied

implications only get so far and they are REAAAALLLY slow

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I'm not so sure what you're trying to do is a good idea if you actually like INTJs. If you don't like them and just want to see if you can make them cry, it's probably fine, though.

For one thing, INTJs are intensely... personal creatures. Their feelings are somewhat quirky and they as individuals tend to react very differently to the same things, especially since you're dealing with Fi here. Fi is like nitroglycerin, volatile and unpredictable.

Also, INTJs hate being manipulated, and they're very good at figuring out when someone is doing it to them, even if only in a small way. If you find a weakness, you can get an INTJ to open up to you. The thing is, if they weren't ready to open up, they'll become very shy and defensive, and might well take pains to distance themselves from you afterwards. Mostly because they're extremely vulnerable at that point, and they really, really don't like that feeling if it's brought on them by an external situation rather than their own volition.

soo true...nah...im not playing games with her...just a step towards finding out what would be her kind of movies

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Interesting.

How come the instinct to try looking for reaction to symbols of sadness?

Movies, or stories or things, that make people cry are cathartic, aren't they? You'd like to see what she values? Or see where she finds, um,... truth?

I actually think it might be true that INFJs are drawn to sadness while INTJs are drawn to happiness. (That INFJs sorta enjoy the sad is in the type descriptions somewhere, but nobody said nothing about what INTJs seek out. The absurd, maybe?)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
absurd (or different) would make sense

why sadness? not sadness in particular...just any type of freaking emotion...sadness is the one that people least know how to handle the so i guess i went for that one.

also, sharing something like emotions (which are on a freaking pedestal 100 ft under the ground) with me should prolly give her (and me) a more trusting attitude bringing us closer

in OP, i said 'sobbing'. relating to the movie would have been a more accurate description

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
dont need movies for that

i want a relationship with the one im after. getting in bed is not exactly a problem...or a need at this point

it was crazy the way she opened up this past weekend...making up for all the time shes been not so open and somewhat distant...not a lot going in the feeling connection area though...or maybe it is, but its not expressed outwardly too much...only implied

implications only get so far and they are REAAAALLLY slow

Then you really, really don't need to be in a relationship with an INTJ. They're the sort of people who rely on implied emotion rather than expressed emotion.

Seriously, I personally believe that the only people INTJs should ever open up to, are other INTJs and INFPs. When an INTJ opens up to me... I'm the one that's overwhelmed. They're too sensitive in ways I can't understand, especially since their emotions are so unique and personal to them, and thus don't appear on my Fe map.

Not only that, but depending on how long I knew them before, I might have to get over my resentment at realizing that even though I looked up to them for their strength, they're really so much weaker than me. Trying to accept that their show of strength was nothing but a paper tiger.

Essentially, I don't think FJs or TPs have the right kind of awareness or sensitivity to handle an INTJs emotions properly, and will likely just scar the poor creature.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
for the record, i cant be bothered with these explanations and details cuz i dont know how right they are. im looking for the things that im looking for cuz i feel (intuitively) that they are a step in the right direction

but ill keep entertaining you with the theory behind my decisions because they help me understand myself

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Then you really, really don't need to be in a relationship with an INTJ. They're the sort of people who rely on implied emotion rather than expressed emotion.
I understand that…as long as there is some grounds for mutual understanding, im good with that. Im not exactly a flowing river of sunshine either

Seriously, I personally believe that the only people INTJs should ever open up to, are other INTJs and INFPs. When an INTJ opens up to me... I'm the one that's overwhelmed. They're too sensitive in ways I can't understand, especially since their emotions are so unique and personal to them, and thus don't appear on my Fe map.
Very true, there are some very particular things that, i think, are gonna turn out to be very sensitive to her. Insecurities? Probably…deal with it when we get to it

noones perfect...thats why we are all on these forums, arent we

Not only that, but depending on how long I knew them before, I might have to get over my resentment at realizing that even though I looked up to them for their strength, they're really so much weaker than me. Trying to accept that their show of strength was nothing but a paper tiger.

lol

Essentially, I don't think FJs or TPs have the right kind of awareness or sensitivity to handle an INTJs emotions properly, and will likely just scar the poor creature.

I think it has a lot to do with emotional maturity.

I’ve mentioned it elsewhere, I think I have a fairly well-developed Fe. To the point where once I was confused if I might be ENFP…but then I went back and reread the descriptions…ENTP definitely fit me better…on all counts

I dunno…I think its perfect. If not, its gonna be one hell of a ride.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I'm pretty sure if that was done to me, on purpose, as an experiment...I'd be gone.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ

No fair! If you're judging strength based on our ability to handle the opposite of what we're built to handle, then I want to see you maintain an impersonal task focus while implementing an abstract theory.

Lets make it easy. Shall we say tax returns for upset grandmothers at twenty paces?

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
No fair! If you're judging strength based on our ability to handle the opposite of what we're built to handle, then I want to see you maintain an impersonal task focus while implementing an abstract theory.

in the grand scheme of things it doesnt matter what your built to do, only how well you can do that and everything else

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm pretty sure if that was done to me, on purpose, as an experiment...I'd be gone.

Exactly my point. I didn't mean that it would be fine with the INTJ if he was just doing it to make them cry. Just that, in that scenario, things would work out fine for him, because he'd only care about data collection or sadism (which he would be able to accomplish in that way) and not the INTJ.

I phrased it that way, because I tend to suspect xNTPs of being the sort of people who would do an experiment like that. :thelook:

F

FigerPuppet

The Fountain

Not because of sadness, but because it's a visually beautiful movie and the ending was a very powerful mix of a brilliant soundtrack and stunning visuals.

And I could never dream of shedding a tear in front of anyone because of a movie. The only reason I shed one during The Fountain was because I was all alone and 100% into the movie.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
-Ten things I hate about you
-No Reservations

really????

I've seen my INTJ cousin get worked up on:

Sophie's Choice
Dancer in the Dark (that always gets me, too)
Turtles Can Fly
Life is Beautiful
My Girl
Powder

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not INJJ here, but fairly close. :p

I've found that some movies with very melodramatic soundtracks during the sad moments make my eyes a bit teary. Consequtively as well. Don't matter how often I watch the movie. Gladiator for example is one example. (lulz)

The main catalyst for me seems the background music in combination with the scene, and not the actual scene though.

Just wondered if that's the same for INTJ's as well. :p