• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Which NT boss would you rather have.

Which NT boss would you rather have

• ENTP

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • INTP

Votes: 22 21.2%

• Total voters

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ, because they would do all the things that I would rather avoid. The problem is that they probably wouldn't agree with my work style... ok, any NT that doesn't control you, works hard and makes decent decisions.

[edit]: hang on... a boss is someone that watches over your work, not works with you, right?
Well, in that case, I want a boss that will work with me on the same level, and that would probably be INTP/ENTP

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Hank Scorpio would be a perfect ENTP boss. Wouldn't you want a boss like that?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hank Scorpio would be a perfect ENTP boss. Wouldn't you want a boss like that?

:laugh: hell yeah!

scorpio_with_bont.jpg

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Are we to assume healthy, mature individuals? In that case I'm going for either NTJ since with an NTP I think I would be driven to take some measure of responsibility for Te stuff anyway, so I might as well actually be the boss (or an equal partner) in that case. If we are comparing unhealthy individuals, I'll take the laissez-faire NTP, please, or maybe the super bossy ENTJ. Passive-aggressiveness I can tune out, flightiness I can compensate for, and steamrolling I can somehow respect. Closed-minded certitude, however - see my signature.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Haha, I bet you picked the P's cause you think then its all easy, lazy and goofy and shit... you gonna be wrong soooo worng :devil: :hi: :smile:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good thing the employees do not choose their entrepreneur, but the other way around, if this is how you guys reason ;)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As an INTP, I think no matter what, in essense I will always be and feel to be my own boss, regardless of my position.
Thankfully, I am my own boss and thus there is no clashing titan stuff going around in my life. :p

Out of the above four however, I'd go ENTP.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A boss should foster growth. An INTP with a well developed Te & Ni is likely to be better than an INTJ since in my experience INTJs don't as easily have Ne and Ti developed and/or used. With closure related pressures in the mix, an INTP is likely to dip more easily into Te & Ni and/or an 'as the situ required/needs/forces' combination of the two. Besides, when the resistive medium is below, Jness tends to be pushed to the fore and a more seamless and 'natural' 'transition to the new dispensation to achieve the end result' orientation is likely to be a smoother and hence easier path to follow which is more likely to lead to the end result being achieved more efficiently.

In SJ and SP dominant environments, NTJs might naturally be better for dealing with lowest common denominator scenarios hampering result orientation or deciding result levels. ENTJs are likely to be less well suited since the Te+Ni combination seems to be less suited than the INTJs Ni+Te is.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Give me an INTJ then, though I prefer an F as a boss, I've noticed.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think ENTJ would be good as I would always know where i stand and as long as i have good reasons then they would let me do the job the way I find most effective.
Thats presuming there healthy, if not that situation would be hell.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP boss: Lousy directions, but doesn't care to correct or discipline you.
ENTJ boss: Very explicit and interactive, can be domineering.
INTJ boss: Very thorough, can be domineering and OCD but stuffs.
ENTP boss: Fun and freewheeling, flexible, but no real guidance

I work for an INTJ, and sometimes do stuff for an ENTJ.
I think I prefer the ENTJ, as long as they're not psychotic -- they just are very task-focused, clear about what they want (so you can work efficiently), and make sure you have what you need.

Note: I work in a technical field, so the product is very defined apart from me. You just have to do the impersonal work. If it was a field where I would be expected to have large amounts of control over direction and openness was necessary, I'd rather have a P boss because I'd need more power over outcome.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
That's funny - one feedback I've often received from people is that I give precise, detailed directions.
:thinking: intj mebbe.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP boss: Lousy directions, but doesn't care to correct or discipline you.

I beg to differ.

Lousy directions, well, that depends on which directions you thik are lousy and which are not. So subjective. I won't assault this part of your opinion.

But doesn't care to correct or discipline you? Sometimes it seems like I'm -only- disciplining the people around me. I try my best to do it in a light-hearted way. But if something is not going the way I wish it in my business I will speak my mind and most often more then any other person would. If someone is particularly rebellious or annoying, I will discipline them with the most hurtful form of degrading sarcasm there is.

That said, I'm generally a very nice and fluffy guy though, as long as people do their jobs. And I also stimulate good workers as much as I can.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP for sure, I've worked with INTPs above me, had INTP teachers, and my dad is an INTP (I work for him too) and they are all very good bosses. They are lenient and easy going as long as you know what you're doing and as long as the job gets done.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
OMG, give me an mature INTJ or ENTJ. I have NPs for bosses and while I come and go as I please and turn in work when I want they offer no guidance or direction whatsoever. That was initially cool, but it's become extremely frustrating.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had a couple of ENTJ bosses.
Definitely got along well with them and if I didn't see eye to eye felt comfortable saying so, and I like that. They get shit done and if you're a good worker then they notice and give you plenty of praise and bonuses and such.
Haven't had many bosses of the other three types so i'll go with tried and true ENTJ.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OMG, give me an mature INTJ or ENTJ. I have NPs for bosses and while I come and go as I please and turn in work when I want they offer no guidance or direction whatsoever. That was initially cool, but it's become extremely frustrating.

This may be a bit off topic, but one of my relationship theories in my heads says that J's work naturally better with J's, and P's with P's. That's been refined from my experience and observation as well.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp

wut? How do they get the result they want then? Do they not care if it's not just so???
- OCD intp