• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Which NT boss would you rather have.

Which NT boss would you rather have

• ENTP

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • INTP

Votes: 22 21.2%

• Total voters

Jaguar

If you take my anecdotal story to be a generalization towards ALL ENTJs...

Coming from someone who whines about anecdotal stories,
it's hypocritical of you to tell an anecdotal story about anything.

If integrity was fabric, you'd need a lot of patches to cover the holes.

Qre:us

Coming from someone who whines about anecdotal stories,
it's hypocritical of you to tell an anecdotal story about anything.

If integrity was fabric, you'd need a lot of patches to cover the holes.

Difference between you and me, I treat an anecdotal story as is, rather than claim it as *the* [ONLY] evidence.

If there was a famine of whine, you'd be our great saviour. :jesus:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
OMG, give me an mature INTJ or ENTJ. I have NPs for bosses and while I come and go as I please and turn in work when I want they offer no guidance or direction whatsoever. That was initially cool, but it's become extremely frustrating.

doesn't the boss tell you to write down your own problems on a board and discuss it in meetings? Thats what I would do at least.

BTW, I had one entp boss, anbd he was pretty shity.

He expect me to work like a J in his company while he slack off. But i would do the exact same thing if i were him.

Do P bosses expect their workers to be Js?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
If there was a famine of whine, you'd be our great saviour. :jesus:
Technically nah, dualism is rubbish and without aknowledging what goes inside somebody's mind as a special flavor of reality I don't really see it sister.

The breakdown of metaphysics's a bitch.

Qre:us

Technically nah, dualism is rubbish and without aknowledging what goes inside somebody's mind as a special flavor of reality I don't really see it sister.

The breakdown of metaphysics's a bitch.

Do you...no...can't be...say it isn't so....

He actually believes with conviction what he says? :shock:

*rubs cheek, from the wicked bitch-slap*

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Do P bosses expect their workers to be Js?

As a boss myself, I've given guidance when it's been asked for, but after the initial explanation of a new project or topic, I won't come breathing down people's necks with reminders and shit. I'm aware that there are some people who need and want guidance, but have difficulty with asking for it. I've learned to avoid employing such people, and just make it clear that I'm more than happy to answer any questions and would rather people asked if in doubt than risk screwing up to avoid asking, but I do really appreciate employees who can get on with minimal supervision.

That's why the partnership with the ENTJ worked out so well - he would try to micromanage, but I'd be very aware of when it was becoming a bit much. At that point I'd lend a sympathetic ear to the staff, then put a word in to restrain him, so there was a period of "hands off" management that they came to appreciate. So they'd feel like they were being guided, and just when I was getting sick of guiding, they'd feel like a period without guidance; just when ENTJ was starting to panic and needing to put a hand on the tiller again, they'd start flailing and feeling like they needed more guidance :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Do you...no...can't be...say it isn't so....

He actually believes with conviction what he says? :shock:

*rubs cheek, from the wicked bitch-slap*

U actually believe i believed that ?:shock:

I just wanted to see how a denial of an ironic statement aimed to be supportive of the aforementioned statement would look like

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would like a INTP or ENTP boss. People that have attitude "do it now because i said so" gets on my nerve. I rather they give me a reasonable deadline and i'll get it done before said time.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I would like a INTP or ENTP boss. People that have attitude "do it now because i said so" gets on my nerve. I rather they give me a reasonable deadline and i'll get it done before said time.

LOL

I think ENTP, like ESTP would make better field commanders than ETJs. Becuase i really hate giving people the axe and tell them when to get their work on time while acting like a hippocrate. I really really hate paper and computer work.

whereas when you are fighting battles, all you need is a large amount of Se, and desire to blow shit up. You can join in the bloodfest whenever you want.

Too bad its not wartime.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Do J bosses expect their workers to be Js?

No. Good question, though.

Just pay attention to deadlines and keep your hands to yourself. If something becomes too heavy to manage on your own, ask for assistance. I like independence of mind, but despise intransigence - especially when it interferes with productivity.

The last thing either of us wants is to get in deep with corporate. Makes life unnecessarily complicated for both of us. This then means I need to micromanage behavior as to avoid getting cuffed myself. Repetition in effort is frustrating and is an avoidable waste of time and resources.

Oh, and save your emails. Paper trails are an easy way to avoid backbiting.