• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Rock

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought a curse of the INTP was frequent indeterminacy.

Hmm, true for when I was a teenager, determination was hard to come by for me... But I'm very frequently determined nowadays. :yes:

ez78705

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
1. self-motivated
2. self-reliant
3. self-satisfied

Not sure if these apply to INTPs as well.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
1. self-motivated
2. self-reliant
3. self-satisfied

Self-satisfied, yup.
Self-reliant, yup.
Self-motivated.... what's "motivated" mean?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
1. self-motivated
2. self-reliant
3. self-satisfied

This has to do with masturbation... hasn't it. :thelook:

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
On number 3, seeing in black and white isn't all that great. Sometimes I like uncertainty, but I can't have it. It's almost like a cookie that's hung just beyond your reach.:boohoo:

I was not really thinking of a black/white outlook, though I suppose that could be a downside of it. But I think INTJs can be fearless of a conclusion if they consider it well thought through. I know one who was brought up in a religious environment and really committed to this belief far into his teens (making songs about faith etc.). But when new data arrived, i.e. starting to write lovesongs, he found they had the same ability to produce a 'state of grace' as he had experienced in his religious songs and attributed to some godly connection. He was forced to realize that the effect of beauty had to be caused by the strength of music in itself, not by a supernatural communication with a divine entity outside it. He started to look critical on his faith and eventually concluded that it was producing illusions that estranged us from the real powers of truth, beauty and goodness.

Many people eventually quit religion when they grow up. The INTJ version in this case was to become a philosopher and directing his life to advocate humanist ethics, secular politics and scientific freedom. That's being serious. That's going all the way to make the best of your carefully considered new insights. Making them consequential as it were.

Because reaching a point of certainty for a INTx is a somewhat slow process (it seems), I think that most of the time the actual INTx state of mind is UN-certainty. If not about one, concluded, subject, then about the next to need reassessment.

I like! :cheese:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. native speakers in sarcasm
2. often seem calm and confident
3. awesome ability for analysis

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
haha.. I think that comment says a lot about you. :)

Well.. I know people like me, but what they do with those feelings in private doesn't really concern me.;)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
2. The ability to think independently

3. The ability to visit an African country without adopting a child in a process.
(you know about what I am talking about :devil: )

I could swear I made that joke a few months ago on here. Real INTs are suppose to think independently.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could swear I made that joke a few months ago on here. Real INTs are suppose to think independently.

Hurt much?

On a serious note though, yes, we all think independantly and reach the same conclusions. (When you think about it, which we do, it's not really the most effective method, is it?)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Real INTs are suppose to think independently.

Since when ?

startrek-borg.jpg

ez78705

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Well.. I know people like me, but what they do with those feelings in private doesn't really concern me.;)

Well.. I like you just by reading that masturbation comment from you. So what if they do something with those feelings in public? Does that concern you?? :huh:

lane777

nevermore
You're authentic.

You don't put up with bullshit.

You back up your opinions with solid facts and a good argument.