• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs: Argument outcome preference

What if your prefered argument outcome?

• Be right

Votes: 28 70.0%
  • Have everyone else think you are right

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Doesnt change the fact that I AM ALWAYS right !

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Damn it I knew there was something I didnt consider ...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, that was what I was talking about.

Well, okay then. :)

I'm afraid you've misunderstood me as much as I've misunderstood you. I'm interested in getting precise definitions that I can work with to figure out the right course of action. Diddling around with details that muddy the issues isn't a route to precision that I understand. Give me what I need to make a decision. I can modify it if more data/information becomes available later.

Your priority, as I was said before, is to make a decision.
To clarify on my end, my priority is to truly understand the situation.

I don't necessarily need to make a decision, the understanding is an end in itself.

Hence, you will chop off data you consider irrelevant to your reaching closure, and I can respect that depending on the specifics of the decision being made and how important closure is in a particular situation.

You can say a lot of nasty things about us but that's probably a fairly inaccurate statement.

Did I say something nasty?
I don't hold a nasty opinion of ENTJs, although I'll joke about you just as you'll joke about us. Your comments read as "defensive" to me, and I only originally started with a strong statement because your opening gambit was so strong. I mirror the person I'm talking to, and a gentler tone usually gets a gentler response.

Just to be clear of my motivations here...

On the other hand, I have seen a number of NTPs get so mired in detail that they forget what they were even doing in the first place. The fact that there ever was a conceptual framework available is completely lost in the so-called search for precision. To those of us on the outside, it looks like a lot of farting around. :)

Yup. That's the typical flaw, and it's a pain in the butt for those of us of this persuasion... but it is what it is.

What's your point, and why are you taking this tact here?

juggernaut

Permabanned
^ What tact? I responded to the OP's question. You quoted my response and decided to use it as the basis of your presumption that Js are procrustean and incapable of recognizing the conceptual aspect of whatever it is you think they're losing track of. Again, my original statement made no assertion, whatsoever, about Ps. You, on the other hand, did feel a need to let me know a thing or two about both Ps (something you do have experience with) and Js (something you clearly don't). It looks as though the pot is calling the kettle black here. I don't care what you think about Js or Ps or Qs or Rs or Zs, you initiated this exchange. If you're not enjoying it, feel free to leave it.