• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Single ENTPs

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
gee I'm not sure about that, I know loads of Artisans who are a lot more selfish....

I'd think Nt's are just more interested in other things, which gets in their way to get nto relationships.... :D

I'm serially guilty of that, and having high standards (which I don't appologies for),

Agreed. Most of the times, or better, all of the times my role in a relationship is switched with that of a woman. Woman like it to be courted by a men and I like that too, I quite infrequently court someone myself, even if I want to.

That happened to attract a lot of very male or as I politely call em, brutal woman, whom I dont find very attractive.

Therefore it's some kind of a vicious circle. On the one hand I need a woman, who takes a lot of initiative, on the other hand she should be pretty feminine aswell. Ultimate conclusion: better stay away from females, you are not born for them :)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
gee I'm not sure about that, I know loads of Artisans who are a lot more selfish....

I'd think Nt's are just more interested in other things, which gets in their way to get nto relationships.... :D

I'm serially guilty of that, and having high standards (which I don't appologies for),

which is exactly what Synarch said

it would be disregard of others' feelings and thoughts, in which NTs are second to none

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
it would be disregard of others' feelings and thoughts, in which NTs are second to none

On the hoof then maybe, yes. But actually for all I'm an ENTP I am largely a reflective thinker. I'd stop after a short while and reflect on the other persons view (ususally when I'm off critical path) and then more often than not applogise and rectify if I can.

I do have to say that embarking on a relationship is stressful for me, but after about 6 weeks I'm normally calmed down.

Something I've notices is that ENTP's flake out quite easily, it can last anyting from a few hours to a few weeks but if you give them space they calm down and re-center.... they need to reach an equilibrium.

I'm at a point I'd be looking for a long term/perminant partner - and it' scares me a little to try and make the rgith decision and if I can live as an us rather than as a me.... I suspect it will be easier in practice than it is in my head.

Lis

Synthetic Darkness

I think the major issue with ENTPs (or maybe its just me) is that we live by the motto "the grass is greener on the other side" and so if I was in a relatioship I'd fantasize about being single and if I was single I'd fantasize about being in a relationship. Maybe its just an immature ExxP thing.

On another note this has been something that's been kinda bugging me for a while, am I the only ENTP who would die in a relationship with an INFJ? Because a classmate of mine is an INFJ and my mom is one too and while we can live civilly with one another I couldn't see myself with anyone like them at all. Why is it that MBTI encourages T's to go with F's and E's with I's? I could see myself with an introvert just not an introvert AND a feeler. I'd say that for a relationship to work the people would have to understand each other and I have yet to understand an NF.

(way offtopic but whatever)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
On another note this has been something that's been kinda bugging me for a while, am I the only ENTP who would die in a relationship with an INFJ?

No, you are not alone. I also think I would be better suited with an NT.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I'd take a healthy NF anytime. healthy. please note the word HEALTHY. They really do complement me and I can get along with them very well. With another NT it would be too much like the same thing.

Then again - imho any NT is always way better than an immature NF.
I actually wrote a page-long rant here but I deleted it and let it be.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'd take a healthy NF anytime. healthy. please note the word HEALTHY. They really do complement me and I can get along with them very well. With another NT it would be too much like the same thing.

Then again - imho any NT is always way better than an immature NF.
I actually wrote a page-long rant here but I deleted it and let it be.

How do you judge who is healthy and who is not ? German Medical Engineering ? :D

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
How do you judge who is healthy and who is not ? German Medical Engineering ? :D
no, that is something germans would use.

i had my arguments written down, but as i said, i deleted it.

a very good indicator is how much brains an NF uses. if (s)he uses them, (s)he is mature or healthy! a mature NF is actually able to analyse his/her feelings and take some responsibility for them.

let's just say that the more i associate with immature NF-s, the lower my Fe goes. at this point it's the 7th of my functions. it used to be where ENTP-s usually have it - the 3rd. immature NF-s have really done a good job in making me extra uninterested in considering anyone's feelings at all. i used to care about it but after they made it clear that i always am a monster and that i always WANT to hurt them (as, of course, i have nothing better to do and it's something i was born to into this world, it's my main goal!!! /sarcasm off) and i MAKE them feel this or that and i CAUSE them to think certain things etc... i just lost interest.

just look around in the forum and you find out easily - something is unethical or 'hurts' if an NF says so. it doesn't hurt anyone (including NT-s even if given NT says it hurts him/her!) if an NF says it doesn't. because THEY know better. they know better than me what i think, what my motifs are or what i feel.

i hope next time i'm going to test the functions, i'm going to get zero points for Fe. as i have learned that Fe = idiocy. too much whining and too little brains. i really want to have nothing in common with so small-minded idiots people who think their stupid hypersensitivity, seeing imagined motifs where there are none, illusions and whining are a good reason to hurt ME instead of trying to work on their own issues.

oops, sorry, of course not, they never hurt me, because they said they didn't and they know better than me what i feel, my bad.

i also think if i am a monster no matter what i do and even if i'm really trying to be emphatic, listen to people, care about them... then there is just no point in trying NOT to be a monster. no point in trying to be something i'm not and cannot possibly ever be. i'm not a good person therefore i'm not trying to be. so i'm killing my Fe. there is no use for that.

as i said one - yes, i'm evil, and i'm so proud of it!

at least i'm not an NF, you see

and, entropie, i'd really appreciate you not answering to that, it's just too much for me and i don't want to go there at this point.

HaHa

MBTI Type
ENTP
no, that is something germans would use.

i had my arguments written down, but as i said, i deleted it.

a very good indicator is how much brains an NF uses. if (s)he uses them, (s)he is mature or healthy! a mature NF is actually able to analyse his/her feelings and take some responsibility for them.

let's just say that the more i associate with immature NF-s, the lower my Fe goes. at this point it's the 7th of my functions. it used to be where ENTP-s usually have it - the 3rd. immature NF-s have really done a good job in making me extra uninterested in considering anyone's feelings at all. i used to care about it but after they made it clear that i always am a monster and that i always WANT to hurt them (as, of course, i have nothing better to do and it's something i was born to into this world, it's my main goal!!! /sarcasm off) and i MAKE them feel this or that and i CAUSE them to think certain things etc... i just lost interest.

just look around in the forum and you find out easily - something is unethical or 'hurts' if an NF says so. it doesn't hurt anyone (including NT-s even if given NT says it hurts him/her!) if an NF says it doesn't. because THEY know better. they know better than me what i think, what my motifs are or what i feel.

i hope next time i'm going to test the functions, i'm going to get zero points for Fe. as i have learned that Fe = idiocy. too much whining and too little brains. i really want to have nothing in common with so small-minded idiots people who think their stupid hypersensitivity, seeing imagined motifs where there are none, illusions and whining are a good reason to hurt ME instead of trying to work on their own issues.

oops, sorry, of course not, they never hurt me, because they said they didn't and they know better than me what i feel, my bad.

i also think if i am a monster no matter what i do and even if i'm really trying to be emphatic, listen to people, care about them... then there is just no point in trying NOT to be a monster. no point in trying to be something i'm not and cannot possibly ever be. i'm not a good person therefore i'm not trying to be. so i'm killing my Fe. there is no use for that.

as i said one - yes, i'm evil, and i'm so proud of it!

at least i'm not an NF, you see

and, entropie, i'd really appreciate you not answering to that, it's just too much for me and i don't want to go there at this point.
They ARE right about all that is good. Why do you think all the parties rock in hell? :devil:

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Do ISTJ women exist? Id be interested in one just for the novelty of it.

Tewt

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am about to get married to an INFp. It works for us. However we are both late twenties, even a year ago I dont think either one of us would be ready for marriage. Timing was everything.

I do find the question strange when anyone asks "do you want to get married?" when I was single. To me, the question is way backwards and I never really knew what to say because to me, the question would be "do you want to find someone you would like to get married to?" rather than just have a marriage just for the sake of it.

IMO, I have seen way too many people just get married because they wanted to without thinking things all the way through. So I guess Im a bit more pickier than most as I would rather be single any day than just get married for the hell of it.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I am about to get married to an INFp. It works for us. However we are both late twenties, even a year ago I dont think either one of us would be ready for marriage. Timing was everything.

I do find the question strange when anyone asks "do you want to get married?" when I was single. To me, the question is way backwards and I never really knew what to say because to me, the question would be "do you want to find someone you would like to get married to?" rather than just have a marriage just for the sake of it.

IMO, I have seen way too many people just get married because they wanted to without thinking things all the way through. So I guess Im a bit more pickier than most as I would rather be single any day than just get married for the hell of it.

Honestly, I think a lot of Americans get married way too early. Maybe I'm just extremely selfish, but there are so many things that I want to do before I get "married" (I don't really want to get married, honestly). My ideal age of marriage is 31. And if I'm not married, that's fine. I can still have a child... which is of course my other plan XP

Nyx

I think what everyone has been saying here about ENTPS and NTs in general is accurate. Coi`

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my desire for a relationship is based on being able to get a girl i like interested in me, nothing more.

for me, it's merely just an ego boost (and rejection is hard on the ego, that's why i never tried it). and dumping her afterward is good for entertainment purposes, especially if she thinks it's something more. (maybe it's just me, but i just love seeing beautiful things whither and die.)

because honestly, i don't think i could take the drama that goes on in relationships. all the nagging, the neediness, the waste of perfectly good money, and kissing your favorite hobbies good-bye. i can't imagine why any sane person would want to be in a full-blown relationship.

what are the rewards in it?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Do ISTJ women exist? Id be interested in one just for the novelty of it.

ISTJ females do in fact exist. Actually Uber's post made me think think of ISTJ women, because from what I've seen they're a pretty good combination of drama free, practical, and won't-take-any-shit.

(But really all of you single ENTPs should find yourself a nice INTJ :yes:)

Nyx

I think what everyone has been saying here about ENTPS and NTs in general is accurate.

Coincidentally, today I was thinking about many of the topics being discussed in this thread and came to similar conclusions. I suppose what spawned this was today I was home and feeling pensive. I was flipping through the on demand movies on television and came across a standard chick-flick romantic comedy type movie. I decided to watch it in the true NT fashion of dissecting it and its mass-produced/approved message to try and figure out what the majority of unquestioning Americans are absorbing subconsciously as truths about human nature (hahaha?). Unfortunately, as a female growing up in what I would call a pretty standard American way, I was subjected to many manifestations of this genre of "entertainment." Shows like "Sex and the City", and movies like "He's Just Not That Into You" and "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days." ad infintum. Seriously, movies of this ilk are a dime a dozen and always have the same premise. Someone is unlucky in love for whatever reason and then against some amount of odds find their completely happy, eternal love. Over generalizing the plot, yes, but it doesn't matter. Being subjected to this as an NT child in a sea of SPs and SJs (I'm truly sorry but have never been able to tolerate Ss no matter how hard I try, we fundamentally cannot communicate about anything deeper than the weather) I grew to hate this genre of film/thought. The hate stems less from the general plot and more from the way these relationships are displayed: contrived, superficial, and ultimately unfulfilled (looking at them in a realistic way of course). The way the general media has portrayed love is completely out of whack. I will say, however, I do not know how a SP/J views this but as an NT, it is unbearable. Now, I'm not asking you to take movies literally, but you better believe these messages do seep in subconsciously if you are the average American growing up and being exposed to the media onslaught and over-saturation. Enough of media talk.

My final point is that love is something I am coming to accept as an NT to mean simply an appreciation for another human. I know this sounds unemotional and detached. The way I view it is love is purely solipsistic. I suppose this could be argued for much of reality, though. But since love is an emotion, it is solipsistic. It is intangible, ultimately unprovable. This is fine, thus is the duality of life. We need these things. Since love is something you feel it is not literally between two people. It is your love. If another person feels this appreciation for you and loves you, then your love for each other coincides. The reason you love this person is because in your mind, they do not necessarily fill a void in you, but are a beautiful person to you. You appreciate this to the extent of loving it. Every person must strive to be whole and alone. Your reality and consciousness is solely your experience, obviously. With all this in mind I think it is absurd to be worried about being alone forever, missing out on relationships, or anything of that sort. Your life will be filled with times of companionship and times of aloneness. Do not try to make it one way or another. Like a pendulum, if you pull it a certain distance one way it swings back the other way equally. Do not try to have anything, it will just be. I can relate to many people here feeling like you will not meet anyone good enough and fearing being alone. The feeling of you as a beautiful, whole, unique person and wishing to meet someone on your level of being. You wishing to meet that person and be able to be with them. I still think about this. I wonder if there is a perfect person out there for me. Or several.

I suppose the perfect NT relationship would not even seem like a conventional relationship at all. It would need much breathing room and time apart even. But I also believe a healthy relationship could be extremely deep and fulfilling. The thing the NT craves most is to be understood. For someone to "get it". It just needs to be and flow. There should be little talk about the actual relationship and its dynamics. It should be two people living together and honoring their individual paths in life. Helping each other when needed, allowing distance when needed. The bond may not be visible through meaningless gesture, materially or otherwise, but it is undoubtedly unbreakable at this level. Love will not bash you over the head, though I will admit it can sometimes make you a little angsty and sick. Ultimately, it is peace of mind...someone to travel this wild and weird journey of life with, who you understand to be able to empathize with what you are experiencing, thus, doing it together. What a wonderful pleasure.

I will end this with some things out of one of Ayn Rand's novel talking about love (don't worry, I am not a Rand fanatic):

"We never need to say anything to each other when we're together. This is- for the time when we won't be together. I love you, Dominique. As selfishly as the fact that I exist. As selfishly as my lungs breath air. I breathe for my own necessity, for the fuel of my body, for my survival. I've given you not my sacrifice or my pity, but my ego and my naked need. This is the only way you can wish to be loved. This is the only way I can want you to love me. If you married me now, I would become your whole existence. But I would not want you then. You would not want yourself-and so you would not love me long. To say 'I love you' one must first know how to say the 'I'. The kind of surrender I could have from you now would give me nothing but an empty hulk[...]"

"I could die for you. But I couldn't, and wouldn't, live for you."

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I suppose the perfect NT relationship would not even seem like a conventional relationship at all. It would need much breathing room and time apart even. But I also believe a healthy relationship could be extremely deep and fulfilling. The thing the NT craves most is to be understood. For someone to "get it". It just needs to be and flow. There should be little talk about the actual relationship and its dynamics. It should be two people living together and honoring their individual paths in life. Helping each other when needed, allowing distance when needed. The bond may not be visible through meaningless gesture, materially or otherwise, but it is undoubtedly unbreakable at this level. Love will not bash you over the head, though I will admit it can sometimes make you a little angsty and sick. Ultimately, it is peace of mind...someone to travel this wild and weird journey of life with, who you understand to be able to empathize with what you are experiencing, thus, doing it together. What a wonderful pleasure.

I could totally see that. It seems like it could be easy and comfortable and straightforward. But I also think an NT pair would analyze the actual relationship and their feelings for each other to death, in order to express their romantic feelings for each other. I guess I need more data, though.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nyx, i can't tell you how much i hate the movie He's Just Not That Into You. 'twas a movie i watched on a plane ride and if i weren't so weak from lethargy, i would organize a protest against the movie.

the message that movie sends directly interferes with my own vision of getting women. i think it's a woman's turn to do at least this man's job. it's time for change.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
That movie's multiple messages were so horrible, on so many levels.