• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Change in your personality?

Marc790

MBTI Type
ENTP
Has anyone changed over the year? A few years ago, when I tested, I was an ENTJ, but have since taken it again and changed to an ENTP. Still the same asshole, it's just that I am starting to think of other people's feelings more and no longer a dictator.

Anyone here changed and what were the reasons for it?

Jaguar

I could take 10 different tests and get different results.
S on one, N on another. J on one, P on another.
I even had a test tell me I was an I rather than an E for chrissake!
IOW, I've seen it all.

So I--as opposed to others-- will undoubtedly answer you differently.
How can one analyze change when any test result is called into question to begin with?
Who says you were ever really an ENTJ?
Would a true ENTJ actually buy that line of bullshit that a single test determines who you are--then or now?
Well if so, then I can't be ENTJ, for that would make me one gullible SOB.
(And I frequently score as an ENTJ.)

Bottom line:
Before you ask a question such as yours,
you better ask yourself, what was true to begin with.

By the way, just because you are a self-proclaimed asshole,
does't mean you are in group X,Y, or Z.

Perhaps you should pull down your trousers and see if the letters ENTP straddle your rectal opening.

Marc790

MBTI Type
ENTP
Jaguar, good on calling methodologies into question. However, keep in mind that the conversation is about changes in one's personality, and not about methodologies. Most of the time, I believe a critical analysis of one's own behavior would more accurately point to one's type rather than a test, because let's face it, the majority of test questions are very black-and-white, with no gray areas.

It seems you're more focused on methodologies, whereas I am more interested in causations.

So, the next time you feel like telling me how to ask my question, perhaps take a moment to re-read the question, huh? Jumping all over people doesn't make you smart, especially when you're wrong.

And did I ever mention that I only took one test or that I've not critically analyzed my own behaviors as to see which type I am? Sounds like a house cat posing as a jaguar to me.

Jaguar

Come on Marc, grow a pair.

Anyone who would let a test result--of any kind-- tell them, or suggest to them,
their personality has "changed" has absolutely no concept of self, whatsoever.
Period.

Years ago I spent days conversing with an alleged INFP in private.
That imbecilic test had such a negative effect on the person it really pissed me off.
I mean seriously, the poor guy questioned his entire life,
and what he thought was true of himself because of that goddamn result.
I helped the alleged INFP because he was a nice guy.
You on the other hand, are an asshole.

So let's just cut to the chase:
You don't want to look like an idiot for letting a test run your life,
since you can't run your life on your own.

Lashing out at me because you have no idea who you really are as a person,
is a waste of time.

Mine.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't believe your personality type can ever really change. You can become more adept at certain functions, but a type seems more innate. Honestly, you give me an ENTJ vibe. But I'm not very familiar with you.

Xenofile

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
I'd be willing to say that my personality has changed substantially from childhood until now. Obviously, I didn't test my personality when I was 5, 10 and so on to measure how I've changed (I'm 19 now) but its been observable in the way my behaviors have changed.

As a child I was very F. I'd say I was an INFJ, I got what I needed to done and I was neat, but I was very afraid to hurt the feelings of others, and I was very emotional myself. That said I also had a relatively developed T. Over time my T has greatly overtaken my F and my J has withered to the point that I can not identify myself either way, as I possess many of the the J and P characteristics.

This wasn't very in depth but I need to get out and get some things done.

Jaguar

I don't believe your personality type can ever really change. You can become more adept at certain functions, but a type seems more innate. Honestly, you give me an ENTJ vibe. But I'm not very familiar with you.

Lauren--

I agree with you about someone's personality.
We can modify certain aspects of ourselves over the years;
some get stronger, some weaker.
But on the whole, we are who we are.

I'm still the same "kid" who turned the high school cafeteria into my office.
Got called into the principal's office for it.
I asked him how he could fault me for organizing groups of students to go on ski trips.
I provided a valuable service at a reasonable cost.
He yelled, " My school is not your office!"

Mom thought the principal was an asshole. :D
Dad called me his "little entrepreneur."
True to this day, that's me.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've changed from INTP to eNTP. At first i was trying to be more E but now i actually feel a lot more comfortable being E. I actually went for a walk this evening and found myself wanting some company, which suprised me.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
as you mature as a human, so does your personality. the mind strives for a balance between all things, so your smaller voices will eventually show up bigger and stronger.

personalities never change from the core, but the functions around them do. a J becomes more P over time, an F can see things better with T over time. the reason i say that the core remains the same is that the core of the mind is based off three things: instinct, intuition and will/ambition. the projection of your will through your functions will always stay the same, but at later stages in life you get to see the dichotomy of the entire spectrum.

the above is an excerpt of a theory i'm working on. i currently have a busy schedule, but i am hoping i can write this at the beginning of the summer.