• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do you truly think about feelers ?

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I love feelers but only the introverted ones as the extroverted ones cant understand me and try to get deeper past my deep I. Also sensing feelers cant fully grasp me and my intuition.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
feelers are a great vacation from myself, but I often have trouble understanding some of the feelings they have.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
The interesting conversation and potential for great friendships that I get from some Feelers more than outweighs the frustration stemming from our different ways of thinking about things.

Eris

MBTI Type
IsTP
I can't speak for all feelers, but for my friends who are feelers - which I'm pretty sure accounts for most of them - I love em! The way they are more prone to freely express their feelings is a refreshing and contagious trait. I think they're cute with their idealistic behavior in contrast to my realistic type. They can be a bit irrational at times, but I like being able to help them rationalize whatever it is they're talking about, which can lead to some interesting conversations that I don't normally think about - as long as they're open enough to hear what I have to say (I've definitely had some conversations like the one Orangey posted. Not fun. T_T). I've also noticed that my feeler friends tend to have the best reactions to the horrible things I say, which are always really amusing (although I feel I can only do this to those who know me well enough to not take offense). I like the fact that they always want to listen and sympathize with you whenever your own feelings come out, though they sometimes are not always the best choices to vent to when I'm looking for logical help and advice. Whenever I come to them with an issue that's bothering me, I think the fact that I do not often open my feelings makes them go, "Holy crap, her feelings are coming out?! Whoever made her actually upset enough to come to me must be such a horrible person!" So instead of helping me to rationalize and understand the big picture in order to figure out what my next steps should be, they usually decide that my emotional state must be at the brink of destruction, and they instead shower me with sympathy and words that ooze with love and optimism. But they're comforting to be around, they do help me to be optimistic, and are good at giving boosts. And they're really good at giving hugs. I sometimes like to mess with their heads and pretend to be hurt by their occasional witty comments. The result their being surprised, scared, and they don't hesitate to give me big hugs and take pity on me. I then make sexual innuendos while they're hugging me, which gets lovely reactions on their part. Heeheehee...

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
In general I love feelers. Most of my romantic relationships have been with feelers for a reason. They tend to be friendly and warm, and easy to get along with as long as they're not insecure. They also give a different perspective on certain things, which is always interesting to find out and can be useful. I like how the ones I'm close to are genuinely interested in how I'm feeling about something. Although I might not always be willing to share it, it is appreciated that someone else is thinking about me. And the way they react to some things is really sweet. My fiance got to watch the birth of his baby niece, and he admitted that he began to tear up. I find that so cute.

However, what really bothers me about some of them is their inability to be objective. I got into a nasty fight with one because he couldn't come up with an objective decision, and I still think it was one of the worst possible decisions he could make for all parties involved because he let his feelings get in the way of his thinking.

And I do wish they would grow thicker skins sometimes. Sometimes they get in heated debates and end up all butt-hurt afterward. And they're also one of the first ones to call me cold. I had a friend (an ESFJ I suspect) that accused me of not caring about her and not caring about our friendship. Yeah, I spent nearly every weekend with her, attended all her get togethers and parties, helped her with moving and cleaning and cooking, and listened to her talk about her personal problems because I couldn't care less about her.

But I think things like that can happen with anyone of any type. In the end we're all just people.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Very simple:What do you truly think about feelers ?
I like them just fine.

They help me when I need advice on dealing with people, and I help them when they need help dealing with the mechanics/logistics of the world.

Feelers and Thinkers can have extremely symbiotic relationships when they both reach out a little.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
They help me hone the presentation of my arguments, relying on how it sounds instead of what I'm saying (not entirely, but it's stronger). I'm happy that they exist, and it's incredibly easy to relax around feelers in comparison to thinkers, but I really don't like that they make up more of the population. It's frustrating.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I feel (ha) about them the same way I feel about the ACLU. I don't agree with them most of the time, but I'm glad they're there because nobody should rule with impunity.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I don't think I actively like feelers, but I can't seem to get away from them and their feeler-y ways, always hugging me and saying nice things and putting up with my crap...

And I guess they provide balance in social settings, etc etc.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Depends on person.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
The immature ones piss me off.
The strong feelers piss me off
A lot of them piss me off.
:)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I like feelers a lot, they include more emotional "information" into their deicsion making which I beleive actualyl helps them get to a better decision by not ticking people off.

I like that they really care about people, I value this a lot.

Lis

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have had F's I like and F's I hated.

NF = Annoying / Idealistic
SF= Fun and enjoyable until they become melodramatic.

indiajones

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Sometimes I get a bit jealous, because just because someone is a thinker does not mean they don't have emotions. I personally just have a tough time dealing with mine b/c well they are not freaking rational! But then again I am glad I am rational too... so otherwise I have no real opinion of them.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Feelers, tricky, some are awesome doorways into another world. However, others just want to me make puke rainbows and that is bad.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Different, depends on the concrete type.

I like Fe's. They are cool, if they don't stay too straight in their line. But I am really confused about Fi's. The dominant Fi's are cuddle-monsters and a little bit sensitive, it's okay, they can be avoided, if it's not the right time. But the auxilary Fi's. Ohhhh...bad. Really strange and a bit of annoying cause of the masses of emotional changes, and the really strange sight to morality. Really unlogical... without them I can sleep better :D

sofmarhof

MBTI Type
INTP
All of my favorite people seem to be NFs, so those are cool with me. The rest mostly scare me. I mean, really scary. In a fun way sometimes, though.

Those NFs, though. They like me, I like them, and somehow we never become as close as I would like. I suppose they're a bit scary too.