• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do you truly think about feelers ?

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I would say I enjoy their company for the most part but generally they can be a little too needy for me at times. And an INTP and NF shouldnt debate a topic that the NF feels strongly about because it'll just blow up in the intps face. Of the NFs Ive seen on different forums here, its the INFP that I sometimes clash most with. But I think its mostly because of insecurity and unhealthy INFP behavior, which I think can be legendary on the internets personality forums.

I like all feelers because they can bring a different perspective that I might not see to a discussion and I think that can be rather helpful. And they can be great healers when NTs are in emotional turmoil to sooth and heal the NT. Ive seen this before and have experienced it with an ENFP.

tedboles

MBTI Type
ENtP
Feelers need to:

Chill out
Get over it
Stop being babies
Try to be more objective
Realize that most of the world gives no shits.

Maintain a relaxed mental attitude, rebound, learn, move on.

I love feelers though. Cause they make me realize how much of a dick I am sometimes.

BALANCE.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I enjoy debating topics with NFs when they feel strongly about them. Debating topics with people who feel strongly are what good debates are. It's not a good debate if one side just backs down without actually providing anything to the topic at hand.

I have an INFP friend whom i value highly. As an INTP very few people are able to "read" me. I've found that people are horrible at understanding my emotions through body language. Different people will think that my blank expression is me being bored/sleepy/angry/pissed off. This happens with most of my expressions. Yet this single INFP is able to guess with near perfect accuracy my emotions at any time. I get the slightest annoyance at anyone and instantly he mentions it. I am laughing internally at someone and he recognizes that as well. It is just so unusual and thus interesting how He is able to so accurately know my thoughts and emotions.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SFJ: Nice, polite, generally helpful, occasionally irritating with the nagging. Usually fine. Often have a lot more interesting things to say in private than they're willing to talk about in public. Pain in the ass to live with.

SFP: Fun, creative, great for partying and socializing with, but difficult to connect with on a deep basis or spend a great deal of time with. Can be a little coarse without meaning to.

NFJ: My favorite F combination. Uniquely insightful, nice blend of desire to help+ability to find value in almost every perspective+drive to make things happen. Sometimes disconcertingly sloppy with logic and prone to freaking out over inability to attain unrealistic goals.

NFP: Runs the gamut from amazing to terrible depending on the person. (This is true of all types, of course, but especially true of NFPs for me.) If well-conditioned and balanced, incredibly empathetic and bursting at the seams with new ideas and plain old human decency. If not--self-absorbed, delusional, sometimes narcissistic, with a grandiose sense of entitlement to have the whole world bend to their feelings.

I've noticed that Feelers often say they don't understand why Thinkers think feelings don't matter.

That is not the case. We do think feelings matter--we just think there exist some situations in which allowing our feelings to make decisions is not the most reasonable or appropriate course of action, and that it's not fair to expect others to bend to our feelings all the time.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I only know one F (my father) and kind though he is, I've come to view Fs as unstable, due to their sensitivity. Perhaps that's because of the contrast between an ISFJ and an INTP but that's my current opinion, until I see more evidence. Mass insult away! :cheese:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Feelers need to:

Chill out
Get over it
Stop being babies
Try to be more objective
Realize that most of the world gives no shits.

Maintain a relaxed mental attitude, rebound, learn, move on.
This, pretty much. I do like Feelers though (NFPs especially), because they're so sweet.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I generally like balanced people. An extreme F is as annoyign as an extreme T, a balanced F is as likeable as a balanced T.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a pretty balanced T, myself. I'm so P it's ridiculous though.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any thoughts on this thread ?
I browsed it a bit the other day. I can understand somewhat what people are saying after I have read their posts, but I realized I would be hard put to answer myself, apart from strictly physical sensations (e.g. my foot hurts).

Violator

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Feelers are great to work with but difficult to have good conversations with.

They only like to talk about relationships and people and when they attempt to be logical, they sound ridiculously circumlogical.

All my girlfriends were Feeler types- ENFP ESFJ and ESFP. What immediately attracted me to them was their open sexuality. The way they wouldn't have any fear dancing wildly in the crowded room while everyone was watching them.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
Very simple:What do you trully think about feelers ?

All areas of life are included into this question/thread. I know that Fs are very wide group of people and that there are healthy ones and unhealthy ones.
So people/NTs are free to take this question in way that they relate it to their expriances with Fs and what they find good and what they find bad about them.

I suggest to Fs to take this thread as useful information instead and not as a hostile gesture.

One of my best friends is an INFJ and I think he is great. He is basically the text book example of an INFJ from what the profile says. He is very protective, he's loyal, and he is always there when you need him. He is a really good listener as well. We have a friend that gets pretty emotional about a lot of things and I never really know how to relate to him. I always want to help him but I can't ever seem to figure out how to help. My INFJ friend is the exact opposite. He always seems to know what people are thinking and feeling, which makes him a very good diffuser of emotional situations. So I think Fs are great! I'd feel really sorry for my other friend if I was the only person he had to call and talk to whenever he is having relationship problems or something like that because it's almost like I'm missing a translator... I can have an analytical conversation and dissect the facts of the situation, but when people are upset they typically want to talk about feelings, and my INFJ friend really excels in that area. He is the only INFJ I know, but maybe others are like him too.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They're huggable. :wubbie:

Very huggable.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ironically, we're getting all "F" in here. So lemme join...

THE GOOD
* They're so damn nice. Go to their house and the first thing they do is hook you up with a beer and some cookies. :smooch:
* They TEND to be more malleable, meaning I can influence them more. :yay:
* There wouldn't be as much music if not for the Feelies. :headphne::rock:
* They enjoy my abundant smilies.

THE BAD
* I hate how I can't make a true statement without offending them.

Example:
Me: "Most of the illegal immigrants in California are Mexican."
Feely: "So you advocate RACIAL PROFILING!!? YOU RACIST,THAT IS SO WRONG. THIS COUNTRY SHOULD BE SHARED BY ALL, AND EVERYONE SHOULD FEEL ACCEPTED." :soapbox: :jesus:

* I hate how they think everything I do is unethical, when I'm just taking advantage of people's weaknesses/fallacies without breaking the law.

* I do not enjoy having to partake in ooey-gooey nonsense like watching The Notebook, crying over it, "bonding", or caring about being romantic.

* How they slow their life down for nonsense.

Example: (we're at my place, need to be somewhere, and I want to get out the door)
Me: "Feely, we're running late. Let's go."
Feely: "Oh no no no no, your kitty needs her favorite TOY, let me find it.."
Me: "Feely there's no time for that. C'moooonn."
Feely: "No, Kitty needs her toy, so she doesn't get LONELY."
Me: "I think she'll live." :yes:

THE UGLY
Example:
Feely: "Can you see the cellulite in this pants?"
Me: "Yes. Especially on your upper thighs."
Feely: :cry: :puppy_dog_eyes: HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH????????????!!!!!!!!! YOU MONSTER, HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!

:shock:

Alwyn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I like most Feelers, but I find it very uncomfortable when they become very emotional.. I hate it to show emotions when I'm surrounded by other people (even friends) so it is confusing and annoying for me if other people have no problems with it. And especially if they become very irrational and live by their emotions.
And if they don't understand my sarcastic humour en become angry at me (that I'm too cold or emotionless). Though I have to say most NF people I know understand me very well. Maybe a SF thing? I can't remember many situations with ST people, but if I remember it well, they often don't understand, but become not angry.

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
They can be rationalized with, but their reasons are illogical and pathetic most of the time: when they use feelings to think, which is no real thinking since it lacks the necessary logic... But mbti is too shallow and has inconsistencies... So I wouldn't brand people into one category, but instead I see that we're all 1 type, with different concentrations of the factors, and mbti misses some of them, like a real scientific backup of the 21st century, like real brain section usage to determine functions...

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like FPs. FJs are a little bit harder to get along with, probably because Fe is just so foreign to me.