• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do you Develop Extroverted Intuition

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
If one has the essentials, hike to at least 10 different alpine lakes. One will sooner or later notice each different one has its own personality. Almost to the extent a human does. If one can't see (intuit) the different personalities then try to give them an adjective or two in a personal sense. No two are very similar. Problem now is, come summer, i'll be trying to type them. Thanks mbti.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Tho the Professor is on drugs again, I just love his words :)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPDF4DMN18o"]Ne power development[/YOUTUBE]

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Go surf wikipedia.

Like many of the other suggestions from Ne types, this also seems to be assuming that the Ne is already there for the Ne stuff to happen in the Ne gluttony type places.

I see my ISTJ friend going on wiki all the time. But he doesn't Ne it up, not at all. He meticulously reads detailed articles and takes notes and remembers all the facts, then p̂rints things out "for reference". In the time it takes him to do that with one article, I've daisy-chained my way through a dozen, following links and ending up with a big picture view of a very wide area of knowledge, whilst he now knows lots of indepth detail about one single thing.

Again nothing wrong with either approach, just one's Ne and one isn't. Just telling someone to go to wiki isn't going to make them use their Ne while they're there.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like many of the other suggestions from Ne types, this also seems to be assuming that the Ne is already there for the Ne stuff to happen in the Ne gluttony type places.

I see my ISTJ friend going on wiki all the time. But he doesn't Ne it up, not at all. He meticulously reads detailed articles and takes notes and remembers all the facts, then p̂rints things out "for reference". In the time it takes him to do that with one article, I've daisy-chained my way through a dozen, following links and ending up with a big picture view of a very wide area of knowledge, whilst he now knows lots of indepth detail about one single thing.

Again nothing wrong with either approach, just one's Ne and one isn't. Just telling someone to go to wiki isn't going to make them use their Ne while they're there.
I said surf it!

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Just say the crazy shit you think. Then try actually doing some of your crazy ideas. Thats what i did and i'm now an eNTP!

Qre:us

Just say the crazy shit you think. Then try actually doing some of your crazy ideas. Thats what i did and i'm now an eNTP!

:rofl1:

I noticed once you went from INTP to eNTP you started to say, "me no do this, that" versus, "I don't..."

eNTP are silly but not forced silly, ya know.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
:rofl1:

I noticed once you went from INTP to eNTP you started to say, "me no do this, that" versus, "I don't..."

eNTP are silly but not forced silly, ya know.

Hahahaha!

I hadn't noticed that myself actually but you have a point. I do think that way a lot though now.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Improvisational theater is pretty good exercise -- it's all about snatching bits of information, following them, twisting them, and ultimately building a sort of order out of the chaos.

That's the only kind of acting I was ever any good at. Way easier than memorizing a script.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
My cousin took an improv comedy course. He is a lot more extroverted now, and I think he is also quicker on the Ne...

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Watch Whose Line is It, Anyway?

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't really think functions can be developed. You are who you are to a certain extent.

I doubt anyone can learn mental processes which are instinctual and automatic. I'd love some Se so I'd stop walking into poles, but it's not gonna happen.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Break something and physically work through putting it back together, reassembling it by physical learning, trial and error, process of elimination.

Make a mistake on purpose and deal with the outcome in a social setting, working it out with another person, bumping ideas off them to sort through to an answer which makes sense.

:)

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sure, but to give to let an intp out in the world with the advice "develop your Ne" wont help him at all either. I know I didnt find the right words to tell him what to do, but thats basically because I dont know him. Therefore I could only say: never say "develop your Ne", cause then people will think you are a freak

Yeah, but you develop conscious functions by using them. :huh:
And different activities require uses of different functions. (Sure, some are more open-ended than others, like surfing the internet, but that doesn't mean they all are. Kind of like... solving a physics problem requires a strong degree of analytical thinking.)

And since everyone is different, everyone develops lesser functions in a different way.
Asking a question like the OP may not be very helpful to you, but for those with a dominant Ti, sorting these activities through function analysis helps confirm their importance by backing them with reasoning.

Personally. Going through the day thinking things like, "today I'm going to develop Ne!" has definitely helped make me less of a social freak. :yes:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Wolfy started a thread here referencing to Dario Nardi's book. There is a quick quiz at the beginning of each chapter on functions. You can determine how developed the function is. From that it gives tips on how to develop the function from that point. I have heard nothing but good things about the book, but I have not been able to find it locally and do not want to pay the shipping charges.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You let your mind lose! Get in touch w/feelings, experiences, present and past thoughts, and just let your mind go where it will.