• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Spotting An NT

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
and weird walking. NTs walk in a weird way. so i have been told by a lot of people.
Yes, I've made a deliberate effort the last few years to address this. People always used to comment.

The issue is, I think, the complete lack of body or environmental awareness; I knew I was going somewhere, and I knew how to put one foot in front of the other, so I would shut off and turn inward, and my cruise control wouldn't pay much attention to grace or poise; it would simply put one foot in front of the other as efficiently as it could to get me from point A to point B. People would tell me it was like I was trying to get away from someone.

Learning to chill, though. Calling up some forgotten muscle memory from years of childhood dancing lessons and tae kwon do. Trying to bring in some grace.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol, I just discovered that ENFPs don't despair :grin:, I'll blame my mistake on my noobness.
anyways, What would a typical NT wear?

{ADD}:
Yes, I've made a deliberate effort the last few years to address this. People always used to comment...

...Learning to chill, though. Calling up some forgotten muscle memory from years of childhood dancing lessons and tae kwon do. Trying to bring in some grace.

People said the same about me, learning to play footy and tae kwon do probably fixed it for me. It took me ages to get anywhere when it came to footy...

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
lol, I just discovered that ENFPs don't despair :grin:, I'll blame my mistake on my noobness.
anyways, What would a typical NT wear?

I tend to wear white t-shirts and jeans, much to the gf's dismay. I've got a few graphic tees I like though. But basically, jeans. And when the weather gets warm, shorts and flip flops or sneakers.

Jaguar

I said it was in my case, and its a description I've heard given to other INTJ's before, though I did edit my comment to say that it was not inclusive of E's, as I have assumed you are based on your posts in the Misunderstanding ENTJ's thread.

Rule #1:
Never assume anything.

If you call me an ENTJ, one might "assume" my function order,
and draw an incorrect conclusion.

Take 50 questions.
Person#1 answers: 49% S and 51% N
Person #2 answers: 0% S and 100% N.
Both were given a result of ENTJ.

Utter bullshit.
Those people are not alike, yet placed in the same group.
Without a doubt, those two people would have very different function orders.
This is why I do not wish to be labeled.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I don't have any experience with NT's. I have only ever met one in my lifetime, and she was my Algebra teacher. So how do you go about spotting NT's just out of the hallways (I am still in school) or, well, anywhere?

Well, if you've ever seen someone walk full-tilt into a telephone pole because they were 'lost in thought'...

juggernaut

Permabanned
Well, if you've ever seen someone walk full-tilt into a telephone pole because they were 'lost in thought'...

I've actually walked head first into a very large pole (don't think it was a telephone pole, but it might've been) and hit it with enough force to have a mark on my forehead that lasted several days. The only thing I recall about the pole itself is that it was bright red and very large.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I've actually walked head first into a very large pole (don't think it was a telephone pole, but it might've been) and hit it with enough force to have a mark on my forehead that lasted several days. The only thing I recall about the pole itself is that it was bright red and very large.

I walked into a stop sign pole, because whenever I strolled somewhere I tended to walk on the curb. :run: I actually heard the metallic Ding! in my head when it happened.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I walked straight into the back of a parked car once. I was walking fast, too, so I fell down. I felt like an ass.

Chloe

Rule #1:
Never assume anything.

If you call me an ENTJ, one might "assume" my function order,
and draw an incorrect conclusion.

Take 50 questions.
Person#1 answers: 49% S and 51% N
Person #2 answers: 0% S and 100% N.
Both were given a result of ENTJ.

Utter bullshit.
Those people are not alike, yet placed in the same group.
Without a doubt, those two people would have very different function orders.
This is why I do not wish to be labeled.

Great post!
I am also thinking how labeling is wrong. MBTI is great for limited use, but labeling can mess things up.
For example, I don't believe there is "any" difference between ENTP and ENFP, because most of them fit in your category 49:51, and you can be goofy ENFP but as you get old you are pressed to develop/use T... I am ENFP most of times, but I definately have some repressed INTP inside that is huge part of me, and ENTP.

I'll label myself eNfP, that is farest I am willing to go with labeling.

Jaguar

Chloee-
I've met some incredibly brain-dead T's, and yet met some incredibly gifted INFPs.
But alas, we don't really know their true function order now do we?
Of course not.

I don't like playing games that are already rigged a certain way.
No theory should tell a person what their "pre-packaged" function order is.
A function order test should be designed with zero restrictions to allow for any and all possibilities.

I'm not interested in blocking out the truth about people.
I'm interested in finding it.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Spotting an NT... I'd say some spray paint done quickly on a run-by from numerous attackers could do the job. Be careful though, I seem to recall that a high number of them are in to Martial Arts.

blue willow

MBTI Type
INTp
:shock: What you said scares me a little bit, because I hate shopping, but that post made me realize that I like shopping for produce because I can potentially find perfection incarnate...in an apple.

I too love the produce section. You can find me loitering there staring at them in a disconnected way after a bad day at work on my way to find some dinner, even if I don't want any vegtables. They're colorful and interesting and always different.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I too love the produce section. You can find me loitering there staring at them in a disconnected way after a bad day at work on my way to find some dinner, even if I don't want any vegtables. They're colorful and interesting and always different.

Skip the produce section and come chill in my patio garden ;) . Or make a garden for yourself. It's very therapeutic.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Skip the produce section and come chill in my patio garden ;) . Or make a garden for yourself. It's very therapeutic.

Yes it is. Today the sun is shining and the birds are singing and I need to get into my plot and curb the bindweed. In a month or two the scarlet runner bean will be screening and cooling my front porch and the hummingbirds will be visiting.

Heaven.