• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Child's Play - portrait of an NT child

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i'm not sure of how much you say is truth and how much is exaggeration. i'm inclined to believe you since you believe so much in yourselves, however.

quite honestly, these are the kinds of adventures that i wanted when i was younger. to some extent, some of them are what i still want to do today. i'm thinking about spending christmas through new years eve in a foresty desolate region, in preparation for living in the wild by myself.

i'm pretty sure i had some opportunities for being badass and there was probably an episode or two i could reminisce, but against all of what you have done, they'd be water. i think i'm not yet at the stage where i can accept the rational chaos that you permit yourselves to live by, in and for. but i'll be damned if i'm not trying.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
BADASS!!! :worthy:
I also had a home away from home in a bomb shelter that I found behind the high school. I pimped it out and had homemade alarms set up. Man, is this only an ENTP thing????

Yes... bomb shelter, sounds familiar. Found one not far from one of my schools too, and exploited its "den" potential, isn't that weird?

I dunno, I've been thinking lately about when people say something "defines" them. Like a vegan friend I have says it defines her, and another friend is an ardent cyclist and refuses to learn to drive a car and says that also defines him. And I find it all a bit odd cos I never really thought of anything as defining me... I define myself, you know? But then I thought about it and thought... well, a general trend through my childhood that has continued into adult life, which I can't imagine ever going away: wanderlust and fearlessness.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
One day there was play in my kindergerden any my parents came to see it. But they wanted to watch it with me. But they could not find me. So they asked the woman that was taking care of us: Where is AO ? And the answer was: He is not here. He is upstairs in the room alone playing by himself and he made it clear that he prefers it that way.
That has to be the most unsocial child I saw in my carrer.

until i got to the middle, i thought for sure this would end up with joseph and mary finding you in a temple, looking confused at their worry, and saying, "where else would i be?"

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
In 3rd grade I refused to do "guest, test, revise" [WHAT A SHAM] homework. I told the teacher "Guess, test, and revise is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, and I watch Power Rangers." That resulted in my first trip to the principals office ever. I told her I still wasn't going to do it until she showed me the "real" way. Turns out the real way is called algebra.

That was fucking funny... I hate it when people dumb things down!

i'm not sure of how much you say is truth and how much is exaggeration. i'm inclined to believe you since you believe so much in yourselves, however.

I don't give a damn what you believe.

i'm thinking about spending christmas through new years eve in a foresty desolate region, in preparation for living in the wild by myself.

You should totally do it. Let go and just have some fun. You can always go back to work on the 2nd... no harm, no foul. :hug:

Qre:us

I dunno, I've been thinking lately about when people say something "defines" them. ....a general trend through my childhood that has continued into adult life, which I can't imagine ever going away: wanderlust and fearlessness.

YES! and YES! I sum it up by calling it kinetic curiosity.

fri_wand.jpg

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmm...

Welll when i was 7 i was curious as to wether an iron was on and what would happen if i touched it and it was. So i put my hand flat against it and needless to say it was on and extremely painful but quite kool as my skin bubbled up and when pure white and underneath the bubbles my skin was raw red. And i can still remember it perfectly. Thankfully my mum worked as a nurse in a burns unit at the time so she sorted me out good and i didn't need to go to hospital.

I remember in primary school i got in trouble constantly as i walked everywhere hands in pocket which pissed my headteacher something awful. I just told her that it didn't matter if i couldn't catch myself if i tripped as i didn't plant to trip.

In S4 my computing teacher was useless at helping me as he always started moaning about something other than what i asked about so i stopped asking. One day he tried to help me when i didn't asked and i said "I don't want your help. Please don't try help me as your not good enough too, your just wasting your own and more importantly my time." That didn't go well though the head of department was actually quite kool about it.

I remember reading space books at church and getting annoyed when i was told to stop. I once pointed out that one of the books said the world was made by the big bang not god and since the book was science and that was religion the book was right as it had proof. That really didn't go well! :D

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Don't even get me started on the bomb making... I can't believe how many hours I spent in the library doing bomb research in elementary school. I think I'm in love with you. :hug:

I always took the approach of practical application over books. My Dad did/does (as a hobby) fire arm accuracy cartridge loading. I've always made bombs out of his cartridge powders since about !0. Right at the same time of discovering certain powders burn faster than others, myself and a cohort burned our faces to between second and third degree by my SOP of takin a match to a half gallon of this newly discovered fast burning powder. The funny thing is that we both immidiately dipped our heads in the snow after the fact and i'm not so sure that kind of immidiate action is NT. There was another kid with us at the time that told us our hair turned two different shades of a brilliant gold given our different hair colors.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Wow, prof. That humbles me. Are you scarred from that? Do you still play with explosives now?

I would never light anything since I heard about that one kid whose thumb was blown off (true story? who knows). But my idiot brother and his idiot friends were always down to physically carry out my plans. They were my minions but I was benevolent.

I was told that fast reactions are pretty ENTP. Apollonaut once explained to me (I can't remember which thread) that Ne Ti makes for quickly assessing probabilities and that a lot of great tennis players are entps, for this reason. (I play tennis like it's going out of style, but I am so damn clumsy off the court - go figure...) So it makes sense that you dipped your face in the snow. My quick reflexes have saved my ass more times than I can count.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jeez, what a bunch of weirdos.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmm...

Welll when i was 7 i was curious as to wether an iron was on and what would happen if i touched it and it was. So i put my hand flat against it and needless to say it was on and extremely painful but quite kool as my skin bubbled up and when pure white and underneath the bubbles my skin was raw red.

i remember wondering that. i had my sister touch it.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I remember burying my sister in a fire ant mound. I also remember squeezing a pet frog that I'd caught to death with my hands because I wanted to see what would happen. My curiosity was often more detrimental to others than it was to me.

Qre:us

I remember burying my sister in a fire ant mound. I also remember squeezing a pet frog that I'd caught to death with my hands because I wanted to see what would happen. My curiosity was often more detrimental to others than it was to me.

See, even as a kid, as much as I could con the other kids, I'd never touch an animal. I loved observing animals though, and learned that one had to be quiet as a mouse to let them go about their natural business. I loved finding the 'source' of a line of ants (where are they going?), where the birds hid their nest (and how, and how many babies they had - my tree-climbing skills helped here). This is more personal than NT, probably.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Note to non-NTs: not all of us wet the bed, started fires, and abused animals.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
See, even as a kid, as much as I could con the other kids, I'd never touch an animal.

I was the same way. Still am (vegan). The worst thing I would do to amuse myself was put a bunch of ants in a bowl greased with vaseline, and laugh hysterically while they tried to climb out and slide back down... I used to love to climb trees and watch birds also.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Note to non-NTs: not all of us wet the bed, started fires, and abused animals.

other than that 'fire' thing... yeah!

i waited until i found a dead one to find out what was inside, etc.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
well, if you arrange for me to finally get to space camp, we could work something out...

I wouldn't give that physical experience away for nothing. i got out of school for a month. And that kick in the ass set the stage for many more experiments in physics to come, probably due to defiance. Such as these. When i was 17 i jumped off a train tressel bridge 150 ft to the drink. Busted a collar bone but still took care to make sure the water in the spot i'd be landing was deep enough. When i was 13 i'd sit on the window seal of the car when (whoever was driving) wasn't looking once a descent speed was reached.