• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Child's Play - portrait of an NT child

marmandahalf

Being an isfj, it's strange how i can relate to a lot of this. Reading everything in sight including phone books, labels, dictionarys. Climbing trees (i still do this now), just for a challenge and then sit up a high as i could and think for an hour or two. Animal watching. Throwing my 17 year old cat off the balcony to see if it landed on its feet - it did, however he limped for the rest of his life. Asking too many questions in school. Arguing with the teacher almost constantly until my peers told me to shut up....

And you're sure you're an SJ?

Qre:us

Throwing my 17 year old cat off the balcony to see if it landed on its feet - it did, however he limped for the rest of his life.

Reading that made my stomach tighten and churn. Sometimes I really don't understand these different perspectives others have of the value of a non-human animal's life. Even (and especially for) curiosity's sake.

Off my soap box now...but, seriously, had to be said, as I got a literal feeling of revulsion go down my spine.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm still obsessed with serial killers. And people who specialize in controlling minds, like Charles Manson. I minored in forensic science in my undergrad because that stuff is so damn interesting to me. Didn't know that was an NT thing...

yeah. i'm going to have to ask you to stop being me.

thanks.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow, i never really exhibit any NT traits when i was younger. I did remember asking alot of question as a kid and being too curious for my own good. My parents just ignored me most of the time. I always thought that i was just trying to strike a conversation lol, since i remember not remembering the answer. I often immagine playing with airplane thinking they were small and i can just play with them. Oh i was fascinated with the way the mind works when i was about in high school. Going as far as using my left hand to do everything (i'm right handed), including writing, to see if my way of thinking would change if i stimulate both my left and right brain hemisphere.

Jaguar

Throwing my 17 year old cat off the balcony to see if it landed on its feet - it did, however he limped for the rest of his life.

How about I throw you off the balcony to see if you land on your feet?

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Jenocyde said:
I'm still obsessed with serial killers. And people who specialize in controlling minds, like Charles Manson. I minored in forensic science in my undergrad because that stuff is so damn interesting to me. Didn't know that was an NT thing...

Oh me too. Satanic cults were a fascination of mine for a long time. It bothered my family. I've also had a long standing love for supervillains. I always argued in their defense and preferred to discuss the intricacies of the villain's position in a given story rather than the semantics of the superhero's.

My mother is very into MBTI as well and she is very adamant that I was not an NF child. The more I read this thread the more I am beginning to agree with her.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hawker45 said:

What the hell... Honestly I really didn't need to read that.

What the hell... Honestly I really didn't need to read that.

:rofl1: Sorry, this laugh is highly innappropriate (in some etiquette books, I'm sure)...but, reading that statement from you, while looking to the left, seeing your avatar, and that cat's eyes....it was like that cat was responding, esp. cuz of the "I" in your statement.

....*ahem*

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
why should being an NT equal being a sociopath?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's supposed to be leering at you. In the actual picture it's sunny so you can understand why it's squinting it's eyes. Why's it funny to see the eyes?

It's supposed to be leering at you. In the actual picture it's sunny so you can understand why it's squinting it's eyes. Why's it funny to see the eyes?

It just seemed like the cat was the one saying this statement, "I did not need to read that." (and the look of disapproval in its eyes matched the sentiment of the words).

...ah, never mind...carry along.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah ok. :tongue:

I guess you could look at it that way. The cat is the one doing the typing, not me (hence maybe the serious forum presence. :D).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
It just seemed like the cat was the one saying this statement, "I did not need to read that." (and the look in its eyes matched the sentiment of the words).

...ah, never mind...carry along.

I totally got you, girl. When you pointed that out, I spent the next few minutes disrupting my environment with silly giggles.

That cat, with those eyes, should have a comic book caption that says: you think that's funny, punk?

I totally got you, girl. When you pointed that out, I spent the next few minutes disrupting my environment with silly giggles.

That cat, with those eyes, should have a comic book caption that says: you think that's funny, punk?

:D I knew ya would. Seriously, it's like, "you wanna piece of me? Do you? Huh, huh? Throw me out the balcony?...I dare you! Try me!"

(all the while resting on cushy greeen grass)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to shoot glowing paperclips with wall outlets and once nearly blew up myself, my siblings, and some cousins while demonstrating electrolysis.

By twelve my parents finally figured out I need batteries and other toys; then my mother started complaining about the loud sirens in my room. I told her she should complain to my younger brother instead...

Hawker45

How about I throw you off the balcony to see if you land on your feet?

Perhaps you should calm down a little bit. Maybe i didnt specify properly. I was 7 at the time. It was not a throw, it was a drop, cat's feet first, from a height of 2.5m at the most, and the limp was barely existant. It was not a well thought out event and i'm obviously not proud of it, however many people have commented on how good i am with animals. I don't think it's a good idea to judge peoples attitudes on the basis of an stupid decision made at the age of seven. Never did i say i thought it was funny or acceptable. Just an example of curiosity getting the better of me.

Although in hindsight if i was reading my post no doubt i would've reacted in a similiar way. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
When I was 11/12 I made mand warmers in winter by using cellotape to attach a wire from the end of a battery to the other and then tying cotton buds around it.
Worked great untill the wire got so hot it started to burn the cotton!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I had my first mafia, when I was 6. Nowadays things havent changed much, I just earn more :)

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
But of course it is! The difference between a cult leader and the commander of a robot army is a fuzzy line at best. One just requires more technological expertise, and we all know the desire for a robot army is an NT dream.

I think the line is pretty distinct... The commander has laser arms at his disposal