• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Child's Play - portrait of an NT child

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i waited until i found a dead one to find out what was inside, etc.

I think that dissections were the best part of my childhood, especially with my wonderful microscope.

When i was 17 i jumped off a train tressel bridge 150 ft to the drink. Busted a collar bone but still took care to make sure the water in the spot i'd be landing was deep enough.

Good lord, you are gangsta. Nice. I'm feeling kind of strange right now... :wubbie:

I made a homemade bungee cord and a kid broke his hip using it in high school because he didn't jump far out enough and hit the rocks on his way down. I feel really bad because he still walks with a really messed up limp.

I still wonder how I avoided prison all these years.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I made a homemade bungee cord and a kid broke his hip using it in high school because he didn't jump far out enough and hit the rocks on his way down. I feel really bad because he still walks with a really messed up limp.

I still wonder how I avoided prison all these years.

oh ya? Well, i found a tire next to a church which was on the top of a steep graded busy street, and yes, went ahead and rolled it down the hill when i thought a car wouldn't turn on to it from a cross street at the bottom, and wouldn't you know it:)

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
oh ya? Well, i found a tire next to a church which was on the top of a steep graded busy street, and yes, went ahead and rolled it down the hill when i thought a car wouldn't turn on to it from a cross street at the bottom, and wouldn't you know it:)

:run:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think that dissections were the best part of my childhood, especially with my wonderful microscope.

oh, yes. one of my favorite memories from the first grade was finding a freshly dead groundhog near my grandma's house. the dissection first, then the careful monitoring of decomposition that followed was too fascinating to convey.

Qre:us

Social manipulation:

- with the usual suspects (my gang of neighbourhood kids), I set up a court/trial system to deal with conflicts. Yes, I was the judge.

- to make $, I forgoed the Lemonade stand idea, and saw these girls making threaded bracelets. I set up a bracelet-making competition, with the winner being the one who made the most (and best) bracelets. They won all my Halloween candies (the leftover cheap-ass lollipops that I never ate). And, as soon as school ended for the summer, there I was, with a bracelet stand. One of the girls was so pissed when she saw I was selling 'their' bracelets, that she demanded I give them back. I got her to the point of so much frustration, and that's when I slipped in, "I don't think you really want your bracelets back enough...if you did, you'd buy them back" She did. All of it. Fastest money-making scheme of mine to boom, to date. :D

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
seriously, let's have babies. *sigh*

marmandahalf

seriously, let's have babies. *sigh*

I feel like my parents didn't appreciate how awesome of a kid I was, though. Did you guys have a similar experience? My INTJ dad was slightly more understanding than my ESFP mom, natch, but both treated my ingenuity as more devious behavior that they were worried about than signs of a brilliant mind.

We'd totally be more understanding of our Amazonian tribe of uber-NT babies. (My roommate just now: "What if you accidently had some SJ babies?" Me: "We'd kill them.")

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
(My roommate just now: "What if you accidently had some SJ babies?" Me: "We'd kill them.")

not to cut in on your courting, but if i had a SJ baby, i'd raise it to be my insurance for old age.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I grew up in an SJ household. I got smacked around a lot. So, yeah... my antics weren't appreciated. But I got in trouble mostly for my constant stream of questions that they couldn't answer. At some point, they just gave up and stopped acknowledging me altogether.

I feel like my parents didn't appreciate how awesome of a kid I was, though. Did you guys have a similar experience? My INTJ dad was slightly more understanding than my ESFP mom, natch, but both treated my ingenuity as more devious behavior that they were worried about than signs of a brilliant mind.

My dad's an ESTJ and my mom, INFP. My mom was actually quite supportive of my inquisitiveness. They reached a breaking point in Grade 5**, when there was a discussion of 'kicking me out'. My mom's statement, "There is NO way you are failing out of Grade FIVE!!!" I think that's when she became a hard-ass with me. Which led to worse rebellion. I don't think it was easy for my parents.

** I was a talkative kid (I know, big suprise), and I had this one good friend in Grade 5, and we finally got placed to sit beside each other. I was told to stop talking by the teacher. Didn't work. We were separated. I upped it to passing notes. Told to stop. Didn't work. We were moved across the room from each other. That got me mad, so, one day soon after, at the bus stop, there was this deaf person that handed out those sign-language little booklets (with all the alphabets) to collect for charity so I got my mom to buy that. She was so touched I wanted to learn sign language. :devil:

Learned it. Taught my friend. And, we started 'talking' using sign language, using just the alphabets as sign language. That, I guess, was when my teacher had had enough.

And....he put me at the back of the class, got a cardboard box, cut out one face of it, made me sit at my desk, and used that box as blinders around my desk (like one would a horse) so that I couldn't see ANYTHING in the class...except this little cut-out window on the front face of the cardboard that he measured for me to see only the blackboard (and his fat ass) at the front.
I used the whole time to draw cartoon comic-strips all over the inside of the cardboard, filled with talking bubbles...making fun of the teacher.
Needless to say...this was the straw that broke my teacher's back, and his case was that this was a final in a string of evidence that I'm too disruptive to be manageable in a regular school environment.

I believe, that cardboard box thing he did - was straight up, child abuse! It's like, I can't fight fair, so I'll imprison you. Horrible asshole! The kids stayed away from me.

Whatever. My parents had learned that the more they force me to obey, the more I'm gonna find ways to work the system. So, my mom was perceptive enough to reach me at a level where she fed my curiosity rather than putting the flame out. I was very good at following rules when she'd give logical justification for them....she and my dad learned.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
See, even as a kid, as much as I could con the other kids, I'd never touch an animal. I loved observing animals though, and learned that one had to be quiet as a mouse to let them go about their natural business. I loved finding the 'source' of a line of ants (where are they going?), where the birds hid their nest (and how, and how many babies they had - my tree-climbing skills helped here). This is more personal than NT, probably.

Well I was really young when I did that, and it was more an accident than a deliberate attempt to hurt the frog. I was also fascinated by animals (which is why I had the frog in the first place, because I trapped it), and I remember being fascinated by the way Orioles and Catbirds nested. I swear I don't abuse animals :(.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
When we went to the library in school to get books I always got nonfiction books.
I would pace and think during recess.
I once tried to prove a teacher wrong about there being a smallest number (but in the end, I was wrong).
I figured out division on my own after seeing it be done once.
I actually knew how to play (and did so regularly) the pokemon card game.

I actually knew how to play (and did so regularly) the pokemon card game.

I used to play Pogs (anyone remember that game?)...and got a mini-tournament of champions going in my school (yes, again involving $, i.e., gambling)..**

** another of the evidence brought up for the case to kick me out in Grade 5.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I used to play Pogs (anyone remember that game?)...and got a mini-tournament of champions going in my school (yes, again involving $, i.e., gambling)..**

** another of the evidence brought up for the case to kick me out in Grade 5.

Ha! I collected Pogs but never actually played the game ('cause I was the only one that had them, lol).