• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP's view on the 16 types

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
I realize these descriptions are from your point of view, but since your assessment seemed a little harsh, I want to give my comments about ESFP's I know.

ESFP: Illogical.

I am good friends with some ESFP's, and they are not illogical. They are just better at using their thinking abilities in practical, everyday situations than they are at sitting around theorizing about abstract concepts.

This is the kind of person who absolutely craves attention.

They do crave attention, but I think it's in the same way that you as an INTP might crave a good debate. Although you probably like people noticing your stellar intelligence:newwink:, your main reason for debating is (hopefully) for interesting discussion, knowledge, insight, ideas, etc. Mature ESFP's that I know enjoy being the center of attention, but their main goal is to have fun and include others in their fun. It makes them feel great to know that they got other people to goof off or laugh out loud. They feel like the world is a better place when they can cause this reaction in others. They don't all just exhibit crazy antics because they want to show off.

They live on emotion in excess, surviving on the moment.

The mature ESFP's I know do not fit this description, (although one of them did when he was in high school.) They are very capable of making decisions based on rational thinking, and can reign in their emotions when necessary. They are also able to plan wisely and avoid feeling-based mistakes that might cause problems in the future.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Sounds like a young esfp.

The enfp description about killed me. I even pasted it to my intp friend. Thanks for the laugh.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
ESFPs are some of my favorite people.. the healthy ones anyway. Unhealthy ESFPs are craaaazy. One that I know pretty well I love to be around. She is just shocked when I start to get in one of my philosophical moods and shes one of few that can actually inspire me to become more social. I just feel so much more comfortable around her. I think socionics got it right with this dual. It's like we both have so much to learn from each other.

ESFP: Illogical. This is the kind of person who absolutely craves attention. They live on emotion in excess, surviving on the moment. Unreasonable, and are highly infuriating. Capricious and hedonistic, although much less callous than their thinking cousins. Have a conscience. Very fun, although in small doses, and easily flooded by emotion at which point they become inconsolable and passionate. Overall, overemotional, yet not bad people.

It's funny because this is fairly good description of what I thought of her before I got to know her. I would have added annoying and unthinking. As in they give very little thought to their actions. Something i really couldn't understand at the time.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
What do you mean by that, exactly? Shocked in what way?

In awe. "I've been looking for someone who can think the way you do" -ESFP.
One of the best compliments I think I've ever gotten. :blush:

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Oh, well that's just swell then!

Yeah, it's great when that happens.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think we are pretty good at appreciating a very wide variety of things, I suppose wine is a convenient example, I wouldn't consider my taste in anything as snobby, I can find something I like in most things.
Actually the ISFP I thought of are interested in sushi, furniture, artistic photography, wine. Wine just made a good example. And no, I can't relate how they hold the style of some inanimate objects to such importance. It comes up every now and then, and it's when they talk most.

Oh, those and concerts, ice cream flavor, .. but.. I don't remember everything, I tend to tune out a bit when they're too excited about something like that.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I love ESFPs! One of my best mates an ESFP and it was him that turned me from an INTP to an eNTP for which i'm very thankful!

Also he is far more intelligent than i at first gave him credit for. Actually he can be very smart!

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm curious how you are able to give personal opinions of all 16 types. I have been studying MBTi for quite a while and still don't believe I've met (consciously) all of the types, let alone enough of each one to be able to give my opinion of them.

Most people aren't going to sit down and take an MBTI test, and while I've gotten pretty good, I still can't type everyone accurately 100% of the time. Usually I end up a single letter off.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I would say Harry and the Hendersons is a refined (and an acquired) taste.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm curious how you are able to give personal opinions of all 16 types. I have been studying MBTi for quite a while and still don't believe I've met (consciously) all of the types, let alone enough of each one to be able to give my opinion of them.

Most people aren't going to sit down and take an MBTI test, and while I've gotten pretty good, I still can't type everyone accurately 100% of the time. Usually I end up a single letter off.
I notice sometimes telling what I think of INTP, then back off to wonder a while if I actually spend my time with any of them at the moment. No, most of my experience goes back 8 years, the time at my uni.

ISFJ.. my mom. Now that's a small sample.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
My version:

INTP - Clearly the besterest evar. Just wish you immature ones would bugger off and stop giving the rest of us a bad name.

ENTP - Awesome. One type that can most consistently make me laugh. Like me, but with inhibitors off, which can be awe-inducing and inspiring, or sometimes really annoying.

INTJ
- Your priorities are all messed up. Achieving something? Pffft. But highly intelligent, and just enough of a different perspective to be valuable and enjoyable. But preferably I wouldn't want one of you to be in a position of authority over me.

ENTJ - We operate in different realms. Mostly content to leave each other be. As long as you're smart enough to not try and control me, I'd be more than willing to entertain your thoughts and expand on them.

INFP - Love you guys. You can draw out my F, and I can aid your T. And there's never any pressure or sense of inferiority. Rather, we seem to find the other's naivety in our area of strength endearing . Great for bouncing ideas off of.

ENFP - Can be great fun at times, or fly under my radar. When you manage to engage me it is nearly always enjoyable. Your antics are very enjoyable. Other times I notice you, but it just doesn't hold my interest. But it's rarely bothersome or annoying. Just keep doing what you do, and I'll jump in when something catches my eye.

INFJ - Smart and insightful. Strange and interesting perspectives on things. Can tend to take a long and circuitous route and can sometimes focus too much on things that don't matter too much in the grand scheme of things. Can sometimes feel like you're annoyed at me and can be just a slight bit overbearing at times. But your input is valued.

ENFJ - In awe at your ability to work a crowd. You can speak to a group as if it were a singly entity, but at the same time, it can be pretty draining for me. Much more enjoyable are the times when I get you one on one. It can be great fun. On the other hand, it tends to be more superficial. Rather than drawing out my F, you guys seem to do all the work yourselves, and similiar for me and T. Can be highly complimentary, but not as individually fulfilling.

ISTP - Amazingly talented. Able to easily master physical skills that I would have to work harder and longer at. Highly similiar temperaments, but we tend to operate in different realms. Mutual respect. But our interests can be fairly different.

ESTP - Engaging and fun. Can offer a practical view that really helps my ideas. Respect your abilities and skills, and would make great partners in crime. Rarely annoyed by you, and can draw me out of my shell.

ISFP - Where are you guys? I barely seem to notice you at all. When we do interact it's generally enjoyable, but it's like I have a big blind spot labeled ISFP in my brain.

ESFP - We mostly just let each other pursue our own interests. Fun when we do interact, but most of the time I notice you guys, but it just draw me in. But we can appreciate each other's quirks, even if interaction is uncommon.

ISTJ - Much wiser than I am. Actually gets stuff done. I may think you're a little too step-by-step and conventional, but I can see your logic and agree that it's good, even if my personal preferences are different. Make good friends and coworkers. Rarely any animosity, even if we disagree on methods.

ESTJ - Can be stubborn and uncompromising. Our priorities tend to conflict, so even if we can see each other's logic and agree it's consistent, clashing values can make things frustrating for both parties. On the other hand, can be great micromanagers, and making sure no details is missed. I generally tend to avoid you guys, for both our benefit.

ISFJ - Caring and generally always willing to help. Practical, and generally open to my suggestions. We can sometimes annoy each other, but generally a temporary thing. As long as you guys can realize my different priorities, then we get along fine.

ESFJ - Seems to be the social backbone. Maintains society and it's values. As long as you don't try to include me, we're good. Can annoy me because of the things you guys seem to take for granted, and can manipulate the social situation, so that even if I'm not directly participating, I'm still affected. But if given time and space, I can manage to slowly acclimate myself to your ways.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I personally like Costrin's list a little bit better. But the part where you have to read it from an INTP perspective is a little misleading. Since I'm INTP I had no problem. But considering it is a personal opinion on them I guess I should shut the hell up and stop making pointless posts.:moodeath:

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
"No, Huckleberry is sort of like a big sister to me."
"What, really?! She's older than you?!"
:rolli:
Also he is far more intelligent than i at first gave him credit for. Actually he can be very smart!

One ESFP I know is dumb as a brick, but he can learn just about anything. No common sense. The above dialogue happens between us all the time :BangHead:

He got an A in calc C. That's supposed to be my shit.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
*facepalm*

Telling it how it is doesn't mean I'm being emotional

Se is so full of awesome that its bad traits can be overlooked ;)

I kid, I kid

But seriously I don't hate INTPs, what's that about? :O according to socionics we are like "semi duals" which is pretty good...

Well better than putting me in a room with an ESTJ thats for sure

That could end.... interestingly

In socionics, the introvert final functions are reversed. However, I am an INTP in both systems. I only know of one confirmed ESTP, and I want to kill him. The guy is an egotistical, close minded, arrogant, stupid dickwad. He didn't understand my joke about the boy in the confessional. He gets away with all the shit that I unfortunately I cannot, then calls me an idiot. Here is the joke I told him that he did not grasp:

This teen walks into a confessional, and says, forgive me father, for I have sinned.
The priest asks, Tell me, my son, what is your sin?
The boy says, I have been loose with a girl.
The priest inquires, Which girl was it?
The boy answers, I do not want to ruin her reputation.
Was it Susan tretman?
I cannot say.
Was it Quinn Easley?
I shall not tell you.
Was it Hannah Clover?
Alas, for I cannot tell.
Very well, for I see that you are a man of your word. Your punishment is a three month suspension from altar boy duties. Now, return home and contemplate your sin.
The boy leaves, and his friend is waiting outside.
His friend asks, so, how did it go?
The boy responds, Three months vacation and three good leads.

Unique

In socionics, the introvert final functions are reversed. However, I am an INTP in both systems. I only know of one confirmed ESTP, and I want to kill him. The guy is an egotistical, close minded, arrogant, stupid dickwad. He didn't understand my joke about the boy in the confessional. He gets away with all the shit that I unfortunately I cannot, then calls me an idiot. Here is the joke I told him that he did not grasp:

This teen walks into a confessional, and says, forgive me father, for I have sinned.
The priest asks, Tell me, my son, what is your sin?
The boy says, I have been loose with a girl.
The priest inquires, Which girl was it?
The boy answers, I do not want to ruin her reputation.
Was it Susan tretman?
I cannot say.
Was it Quinn Easley?
I shall not tell you.
Was it Hannah Clover?
Alas, for I cannot tell.
Very well, for I see that you are a man of your word. Your punishment is a three month suspension from altar boy duties. Now, return home and contemplate your sin.
The boy leaves, and his friend is waiting outside.
His friend asks, so, how did it go?
The boy responds, Three months vacation and three good leads.

My bad, still... Most SPs are pretty open minded... Unless of course they are a dick like your mate seems like he is

That and a stupid dick if he doesn't get the joke

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I have an INFJ friend who says that he is childish. Less childish, more like a jackass.