• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, do you have trouble falling asleep?

Do you have trouble falling asleep in an unmedicated state?

• INTP - Yes

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • INTP - No

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • INTJ - Yes

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • INTJ - No

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • ENTP - Yes

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • ENTP -No

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • ENTJ - Yes

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • ENTJ - No

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
"Oh, just relax" is what I've heard so much.... not so easy when your mind is racing, even if in gibberish.

That phrase makes me want to throttle someone.

Often i think it's not so much the thinking that keeps me awake but more repressed feeling generating ahelluvalotof thought.

It's the feelings. But me thinking about the feelings - does that make sense? I have no idea what makes sense anymore. :doh:

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
it is getting better, but my mind just begins to daydream about different things or things that I really want to do. Sometimes you wish you could
wake up in the morning and have the current reality turn out to be the
dream. but I guess be careful what you wish for since wanting things just
makes them more important.

Candid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My biological clock is screwed up.
On weekdays, I just manage to get up at 7AM and (fall) sleep usually at around 12:30AM. On weekends... well... 2-3AM, and I sleep til 12PM.
I'm practically a quasi-insomniac. I've had phases where I couldn't sleep until 7-8AM in the morning, and the only way I could fall asleep was to watch the early morning news on the couch.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Pretty much everything that is said so far.

Sometimes I just end up lying in bed for a whole night.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
No, never. I sleep in 2 minutes usually. But I also do a lot of movement during the day, usually at least 15 hours of sport weekly.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I sleep enviably well :yay: except when stressed out. When I feel I'm not on top of things work-wise, or when there's turmoil in my personal life, I can toss and turn for hours. Attentive management of my caffeine intake as well as physical exhaustion helps me during these times. The last time I was majorly stressed out (approaching a thesis deadline after having ended a 7 year relationship), I either worked out at the gym or took a 8 km walk every single day, and that sufficed to let me sleep close to normally. I feel very fortunate on this score.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I use to have a lot of problems, more with falling asleep than staying asleep. I find that regular exercise helped more than anything as well as a fairly early bedtime, other lifestyle changes and the removal of specific stresses. I had to play with it awhile but I sleep more often than not now.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Sometimes. Often enough, I just can't get my brain to shut up.

All the while I get more and more tired, yet it's like having a crow squawking in my ear.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
One of my best friends is an INTP, and even on school nights, he's up past midnight, on his computer. And when he goes to bed, it takes him a while. It doesn't take a lot of rest for him to function, though.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
One of my best friends is an INTP, and even on school nights, he's up past midnight, on his computer. And when he goes to bed, it takes him a while. It doesn't take a lot of rest for him to function, though.

That's how it is for me.

F

FigerPuppet

I don't have trouble falling asleep, but I have trouble going to bed, because I feel like sleep is a waste of time.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a night owl, a light sleeper, and I usually have to be positioned a certain way to fall asleep. I also run a white noise machine or fan of some sort, otherwise all the little soundw breaking the silence catch my attention and I can't sleep.

(I also have my trusty bottle of Restoril/temazapam to knock me out.)

And no, I don't like sleeping either, I'd rather be awake all the time, too much to see, learn, and think. Sleep is like death of sorts and you never know if you're coming back after the fact.

LucrativeSid

I can pretty much sleep whenever I want to. Light, noise, and the amount of sleep I've already had usually don't have much of an effect. If I relax and close my eyes, I fall asleep. It's not fail-proof, but it usually works. Being tired sure makes things easier. There's usually two times in the day where I start to nod off if I'm not active enough. (Nap time, and bed time very late at night.)

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
i ONLY sleep well if/when i'm working out everyday... and even then it can be bad. I have to be Really, really exhausted to fall asleep. its shitty cuz i have oddball patterns, too

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Absolutely not. I fall asleep like a rock unless there's something really bugging the shit out of me emotionally.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It's the feelings. But me thinking about the feelings - does that make sense?

Makes a lot of sense to me. Me, I kind of try to reason my way through my feelings. Searching for some logical explanation, to make some sense out of what I'm feeling.

Otherwise, I have no trouble falling asleep. Usually I sleep through the night too. However, when I'm stressed about school or work, I just CAN'T fall asleep unless I put my thoughts together, find some structure and make a plan of action. When I feel I'm on top of things, then I'm fine.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5 out of 7 NT's have sleeping problems so far poll wise. :p

Pretty interesting.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And let's assume an unmedicated state, for those who would take sleep medication. :)

Trouble falling asleep means it takes longer then 15 minutes, sometimes much longer.

No trouble meaning you are capable of falling asleep in under 15 minutes regularly.

by these standards, I imaging a lot of people have sleep problems, not just NT's.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
by these standards, I imaging a lot of people have sleep problems, not just NT's.

Really? Most people I've discussed this with irl, all say they are easy sleepers. Just a few that don't and they are NT's. :p