• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Where to meet the different NT types

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
As NT types are not as common as other types I've found that I've met very few in my life. I would like to change that. So, seeing that similar questions about other types have been posted elsewhere and I'm, well, me, I'll ask this: Where are the places that one would find people of the four different NT types and are there any markers that would allow one to identify them?
For example, I know that one :)D I've used this word too many times in this post, sorry) might find me in a park, or at a library/book store or mulling around the produce section of the grocery, and that I'm usually alone or with one other person.

ygolo

My termites win
I am supposed to be an intp.

I am also in a library or book store often. I play some chess at various restaurants. In good conditions, I play outdoor basketball.

I'm 29 years old but love to learn; so I am often found on school campuses.

I spend a lot of time at my computer, doing things online.

I spend an awful lot of time at work too.

I've tried going to clubs lately. But I find most of the experience traumatic--From the meeting new people, to "afterwards."

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
nowadays the only place you'll find me in my interactive mode is in class.

life's been busy lately :/

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, my problem is I am not anywhere for very long. I go to a lot of places but am always in a hurry.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
:D Wow, you guys aren't going to make this easy are you? *nods* I can work with that. What about the NTJ types? Is it the same?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I agree with all of the above. If you can find me alone and with time on my hands, I'll be at a bookstore or a cinema house. Or wandering around taking photos. In each of those cases, I probably wouldn't entertain conversation, unless it was directly related to what I was reading or watching. And definitely not when I'm taking photos.

If I'm out with friends, you'll have an easier time.

xNTJs - I don't know. Look for the people at the pound whose job it is to put the animals to sleep...

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Truthfully, you would probably find an ENTP easier, and maybe also an ENTJ.

ENTJs will be at any store complaining about how long and inefficient the checkout line is while staring at their watch. ENTPs will be compulsively looking for things in their pockets and dropping their cell phones. INTPs seem like they spend an inordinate amount of time indoors playing video games, so better sign up for WoW. I can't say for sure about INTJs because I still believe that they are a myth like Big Foot or Medusa. I'm sure you can find them in some university lecture somewhere, if they do in fact exist. There or in an S&M dungeon.

The new Star Trek movie is coming out, right? Hang around the theater at midnight and look for the idiots in costume (me included...)

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
My roommates an INTJ and he spends most of his time dreaming about how once he is done his biomedical engineering degree he may eventually figure out how to asexually reproduce. You may be out of luck on that front.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Truthfully, you would probably find an ENTP easier, and maybe also an ENTJ.

ENTJs will be at any store complaining about how long and inefficient the checkout line is while staring at their watch. ENTPs will be compulsively looking for things in their pockets and dropping their cell phones. INTPs seem like they spend an inordinate amount of time indoors playing video games, so better sign up for WoW. I can't say for sure about INTJs because I still believe that they are a myth like Big Foot or Medusa. I'm sure you can find them in some university lecture somewhere, if they do in fact exist. There or in an S&M dungeon.

The new Star Trek movie is coming out, right? Hang around the theater at midnight and look for the idiots in costume (me included...)

I've known two (maybe three) INTJs. While they're both really uptight, and the one was an accountant, they are/were also both really nice guys.
"S&M dungeon" buwahahahaha!

I will be at that showing!...just...not in costume. :blush: But thanks for the tip.

he spends most of his time dreaming about how once he is done his biomedical engineering degree he may eventually figure out how to asexually reproduce

...where's the fun in that??? :shock:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Often at my home, doing some technical & semi-creative work .. you'll find me online. I go to some technical expert forums, help and receive help. I also write irregularly in Wikipedia, and comment on news in the forum of my local newspaper.

You'll find me as the most vocal member in our MSCA/System administrator class, asking questions, giving answers, helping others, asking for help, discussing with other people outside class.

You'll find me arranging many of the social events with my friends. LAN party, walks in nature, picnic, movie nights, club nights, etc. If I'm outside my home, it's 95% chance for being something pre-arranged, except for doing some chores like shopping for food.

I go to the computer store quite often, browse some gadgets online.. I also carry a paper notebook with me, where I sketch some plans in the subway. I might sit on a cafeteria or a bench in a mall, writing and planning for quite some time. Sometimes I write in a bar, with a beer or two, whether it's a busy bar or not. Those are valuable moments.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Where I can be found by Trin;

At my gym, not really wanting to interact with anyone.

Lazing about in a cafe with my laptop, willing to talk to anyone.

At a pub with a mate or two and drinks, willing to talk or if watching my footy team play, willing to talk about footy, if that's not your thing, willing to talk at half time, then stfu.

At a local live music venue getting into the vibe, willing to talk yell at anyone but prolly not going to hear you so sign language is best.

Something, something, sports, something.

Basically when I'm not home I'm anywhere that I can get into things that I'm passionate about.

Otherwise; dragged out to clubs with friends, people watching or hanging outside, willing and eager to talk to anyone who can bring intelligent conversation.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If you want NTs in general take an lsats and hit on anybody there, chances are you found one. If you want INTXs sign up for the most lame engineering class you can at school and you will find you hit the jackpot. I would yell BINGO out loud but they will look at you funny for doing it. They would me as well but I wouldn't care, you would cause you wanna be liked I'm sure.

If you want ENTJs, no clue really, try to look for groups with titles like "Young and Successful", "Young professionals" and so on, join one and you'll be golden. You may also get a job selling any pretentious status symbol type car and hit on your customers.

If you want an ENTP, try getting a job for anyplace the does billing, local utilities is fine. Whenever you send off a past due bill there is a strong possibility you have an ENTP on your hands. Call, ask if he needs payment arrangements, if he tells you no, that he's got the money but forgot to pay or is waiting to the last moment, BINGO, you young lady have got yourself an ENTP!

Also, in contrast to the ENTJ, look for the guy that's equally smart yet lives like he's under-motivated and broke. You can also try to find people that took 6 years to get their BA because they kept changing majors.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm gonna copy Trin:

- At work.

- At home, either pottering around or surfing the internet.

- Briefly out and about doing errands.

- Occasionally at the pub or at someone else's house if I've been kicked into being vaguely sociable.

Also, FWIW, an INTP friend of mine reckons that backgammon clubs have a high proportion of NTs.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you want an ENTP, try getting a job for anyplace the does billing, local utilities is fine. Whenever you send off a past due bill there is a strong possibility you have an ENTP on your hands. Call, ask if he needs payment arrangements, if he tells you no, that he's got the money but forgot to pay or is waiting to the last moment, BINGO, you young lady have got yourself an ENTP!

:yes: :D :doh:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
FWIW, an INTP friend of mine reckons that backgammon clubs have a high proportion of NTs.

Backgammon clubs? :huh: Such a place exists that isn't occupied by over 60s? This intrigues me!

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Backgammon clubs? :huh: Such a place exists that isn't occupied by over 60s? This intrigues me!

Well, see, I haven't actually gone myself yet, so I dunno a) if there are lots of NTs or b) whether they're all old codgers or not. I did get to the point of contacting the local club here and then RL went pear-shaped and I never went.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
"Also, in contrast to the ENTJ, look for the guy that's equally smart yet lives like he's under-motivated and broke."

I know one of those; Indicates ENTP or just P?