• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Where to meet the different NT types

juggernaut

Permabanned
Where to find INTJ: Library, bookstore, labs, gym, coffee shops (working), classrooms, museums, the opera, lectures/seminars on topics we find interesting, shopping online.

Where not to find INTJ: Large noisy crowds, bars, big chaotic sporting events, "working with people", keggers, shopping in a mall, any loud raucous heavily trafficked place.

EDIT: I just realized I said "we". I meant to say that is where "they"...but perhaps the slip is indicative of something.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
juggernaut - you're an intj?? nooooooo!!!

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Often at my home, doing some technical & semi-creative work .. you'll find me online. I go to some technical expert forums, help and receive help. I also write irregularly in Wikipedia, and comment on news in the forum of my local newspaper.

You'll find me as the most vocal member in our MSCA/System administrator class, asking questions, giving answers, helping others, asking for help, discussing with other people outside class.

You'll find me arranging many of the social events with my friends. LAN party, walks in nature, picnic, movie nights, club nights, etc. If I'm outside my home, it's 95% chance for being something pre-arranged, except for doing some chores like shopping for food.

I go to the computer store quite often, browse some gadgets online.. I also carry a paper notebook with me, where I sketch some plans in the subway. I might sit on a cafeteria or a bench in a mall, writing and planning for quite some time. Sometimes I write in a bar, with a beer or two, whether it's a busy bar or not. Those are valuable moments.

So, I'm going to have to go way out of my comfort zone to meet someone like you. Duly noted. How would you feel if someone walked up to you and started asking you questions about what you were doing while you were sketching or writing?
Also, I googled MSCA and it came up with a bunch of different things, which one were you referencing?

Where I can be found by Trin;

At my gym, not really wanting to interact with anyone.

Lazing about in a cafe with my laptop, willing to talk to anyone.

At a pub with a mate or two and drinks, willing to talk or if watching my footy team play, willing to talk about footy, if that's not your thing, willing to talk at half time, then stfu.

At a local live music venue getting into the vibe, willing to talk yell at anyone but prolly not going to hear you so sign language is best.

Something, something, sports, something.

Basically when I'm not home I'm anywhere that I can get into things that I'm passionate about.

Otherwise; dragged out to clubs with friends, people watching or hanging outside, willing and eager to talk to anyone who can bring intelligent conversation.

Since you used the word 'mates' and 'pub' can I also assume that footy means 'soccer'? :D How would you feel if someone came up to you and started asking about the game, who was playing, the history of the team, what was going on, why it was exciting? Would you be happy to answer or pissed off? It's awesome that you're passionate about stuff, people who aren't are really boring. :blush: Not that I ever actually tell them that.

If you want NTs in general take an lsats and hit on anybody there, chances are you found one. If you want INTXs sign up for the most lame engineering class you can at school and you will find you hit the jackpot. I would yell BINGO out loud but they will look at you funny for doing it. They would me as well but I wouldn't care, you would cause you wanna be liked I'm sure.

If you want ENTJs, no clue really, try to look for groups with titles like "Young and Successful", "Young professionals" and so on, join one and you'll be golden. You may also get a job selling any pretentious status symbol type car and hit on your customers.

If you want an ENTP, try getting a job for anyplace the does billing, local utilities is fine. Whenever you send off a past due bill there is a strong possibility you have an ENTP on your hands. Call, ask if he needs payment arrangements, if he tells you no, that he's got the money but forgot to pay or is waiting to the last moment, BINGO, you young lady have got yourself an ENTP!

Also, in contrast to the ENTJ, look for the guy that's equally smart yet lives like he's under-motivated and broke. You can also try to find people that took 6 years to get their BA because they kept changing majors.

The NTs go into law school. :shock: Didn't know that.
:D Sometimes my mouth works faster than my desire to be liked. This is also often an issue when I hear people say stupid things........ok, back on topic.
Um, wouldn't I have to be young an successful to join a "Young and Successful" club? Just a thought. lol, I may try the car thing.
Lol, that bit about the billing might just be Ps because my brother (ESTP) and I also have similar problems. But, thank you for the pointers, I will definitely keep them in mind!

p.s. Gengar, your avitar kind of disturbs me...:dry:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Since you used the word 'mates' and 'pub' can I also assume that footy means 'soccer'? :D How would you feel if someone came up to you and started asking about the game, who was playing, the history of the team, what was going on, why it was exciting? Would you be happy to answer or pissed off? It's awesome that you're passionate about stuff, people who aren't are really boring. :blush: Not that I ever actually tell them that.

On the right track but a bit further South ;) I'm talking about Aussie Rules but any footy would grab my attention.

To answer; come up to me and start talking about something I'm passionate about and hell yeah I'd chat to you, the more interested you were the more I'd want to talk to you.

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
The new Star Trek movie is coming out, right? Hang around the theater at midnight and look for the idiots in costume (me included...)

ah YES... you are likely to find swaths of NTs the moment this movie comes out!!!

you'll have to beat them off with a stick!!

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't go anywhere in particular.

When I'm done for the day, I go wherever my friends are going / I convinced them to go. I don't have any particular place I like to hang out.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
If you want an ENTP, try getting a job for anyplace the does billing, local utilities is fine. Whenever you send off a past due bill there is a strong possibility you have an ENTP on your hands. Call, ask if he needs payment arrangements, if he tells you no, that he's got the money but forgot to pay or is waiting to the last moment, BINGO, you young lady have got yourself an ENTP!

Doh. Perfect!

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
You can find me on Mars, counting down the days until the end of humanity.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Truthfully, you would probably find an ENTP easier, and maybe also an ENTJ.

ENTJs will be at any store complaining about how long and inefficient the checkout line is while staring at their watch. ENTPs will be compulsively looking for things in their pockets and dropping their cell phones. INTPs seem like they spend an inordinate amount of time indoors playing video games, so better sign up for WoW. I can't say for sure about INTJs because I still believe that they are a myth like Big Foot or Medusa. I'm sure you can find them in some university lecture somewhere, if they do in fact exist. There or in an S&M dungeon.

The new Star Trek movie is coming out, right? Hang around the theater at midnight and look for the idiots in costume (me included...)

Almost everyone I worked with at the video game studio was INTP or INTJ. I was like the only extravert.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Um, wouldn't I have to be young an successful to join a "Young and Successful" club? Just a thought. lol, I may try the car thing.

Haven't you ever heard "fact it till you make it"? I assure you the ENTJs in the group aren't, they're just getting in the mindset for the greatness they're destine to achieve.

Lol, that bit about the billing might just be Ps because my brother (ESTP) and I also have similar problems. But, thank you for the pointers, I will definitely keep them in mind!

Sorry to hear about your brother, I hope your family is doing alright with it.

Also, this may seem odd and maybe another ENTP can back me up on this but I was sadly sort of offended by your statement. Like the opposite of the secret joy I feel when somebody calls me an asshole. There is no king nor master of procrastination like the ENTP, we're known for our amazing feats of procrastination stemming from the mentality that we can talk ourselves out of any trouble we may find ourselves in!

So as odd as this sounds, please take your statement back as there's no way an ESTP has mastered not doing things to the degree the ENTP has and I think I speak for us all when I tell you it's an offensive and hurtful thing to say.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Also, this may seem odd and maybe another ENTP can back me up on this but I was sadly sort of offended by your statement. Like the opposite of the secret joy I feel when somebody calls me an asshole. There is no king nor master of procrastination like the ENTP, we're known for our amazing feats of procrastination stemming from the mentality that we can talk ourselves out of any trouble we may find ourselves in!

So as odd as this sounds, please take your statement back as there's no way an ESTP has mastered not doing things to the degree the ENTP has and I think I speak for us all when I tell you it's an offensive and hurtful thing to say.

Haha. Yeah, it's like spinning a bunch of plates. The moment you have it working okay you add more. Occasionally you break them all.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Haha. Yeah, it's like spinning a bunch of plates. The moment you have it working okay you add more. Occasionally you break them all.

Totally agree, it's fun but often time taxing! Also, this is when we go to the store with the broken plates and get them to exchange them fully convinced there's no way it was in fact truly our fault the plates broke.

sculpting

xNTJs - I don't know. Look for the people at the pound whose job it is to put the animals to sleep...

Oh, Jeno, I think those poor folks are often ENFJs or even INFJs and a few enfps. They actually have a real hard time as folks are always like "I could never do your job..." yet often the same people who care enough to take of the homeless pets also are the ones who end up stuck with the back end task of having to have them put to sleep. It is a very harsh form of love, understanding the potential future the animals have...

(This message was brought to you by Fi)

OP: go to grad school in the sciences or math or philosophy. Hell, hang out in front of those buildings on a college campus. Book stores-especially independent ones,

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP

+1 for the best ever summary of ENTP life.

To find an ENTP, look for apparent distractedness, with a seething undercurrent of chronic, almost tragic ennui.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As NT types are not as common as other types I've found that I've met very few in my life. I would like to change that. So, seeing that similar questions about other types have been posted elsewhere and I'm, well, me, I'll ask this: Where are the places that one would find people of the four different NT types and are there any markers that would allow one to identify them?
For example, I know that one :)D I've used this word too many times in this post, sorry) might find me in a park, or at a library/book store or mulling around the produce section of the grocery, and that I'm usually alone or with one other person.

ENTP...under the covers of darkness...running covert night missions traversing hemispheres, executing missions....to return back by daybreak :D

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Almost everyone I worked with at the video game studio was INTP or INTJ. I was like the only extravert.

curious... game studio? which one, if i may be so bold?