• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] INFP/ENTP?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ahh I ceebs reading the thread so if I repeat some points... please forgive.

Okay, so. I've had my eye on an INFP for about a year, a year an half now. (Sidenote: is it weird for an ENTP to do this?) And though I find him incredibly sexy, his 'not giving anything way' annoys the fuck out of me. And is this with all INFPs but do they not use any smileys or exclamation marks? It's like they consciously choose to be cold or something... I don't care if it's to 'protect' themselves. (Sidenote 2: is Kristen Stewart an INFP?)

INFJs - now there's a generally warm, crackling fireplacey personality type. And now I can't be bothered explaining why. Probably come back to this tomorrow so stay tuned! :)

I use smileys... I don't over use exclamation marks, however, unless I'm being silly.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The INFPs I've known think in terms of their place in society and other's roles as well. One of them I knew was extremely intelligent and witty, but so damned shy that I came off as very intimidating; however, she wouldn't hesitate to hit me back with a smart-ass comment every once in a while.

I'd be okay with this "kind" of INFP as I enjoyed her company very much; however, there's another INFP I knew who I nearly dated that was a wreck. She's smart, but very judgmental not only about herself but others in what they do, and when she would ask, "Why would someone do that? It's stupid and it doesn't make sense," I'd come back with, "Well, actually, everything makes sense if you have enough evidence and logical reason behind it to justify it," which simply pissed her off.

Now that I think about it, I did act as if I was smarter than her, and I still do. Why? Because I think I am– even having conversations with her now, she'll get on my nerves by making a huge emotional mess of something, and when I begin to analyze it, she says, "You're over-thinking this," which I'd rather do than have to react emotionally to every inane situation that comes my way.

So, in conclusion: it depends on the person (as always).

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
What the INFP can bring to the ENTP... I have to admit I haven't figured that out yet. I don't mean that in an, "I'm so insecure I don't think INFPs are worthy" sense, but in a "I haven't pin pointed what ways I make their lives better" sense.

Make us stop, relax and calm down, sometimes to a borderline boring state.
They can also provide us with a way of looking at things we find unfamiliar and are completely uninterested in. :alttongue:

Oh, and I love how they just let you rant on and on if you have to, and instead of cutting you off get you a cup of tea and a listening ear.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
ENTPs and INFPs really annoy one another haha

For some reason though there's a strong mutual attraction...perhaps the potential for hate sex. I can see that at least working out well:devil:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Patrick Stewart is awesome !

picard-facepalm.jpg

:alttongue: :D

=^.^=

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I've formed a rather strong relationship with an INFP. It's working out great, or so it would seem. At times when we have deep, philosophical discussions he tries to cut down my amount of thinking, which I usually try to see if he is right and if I am blowing it out of proportion or not, if I'm not, I disregard it and keep defending. It seems that we can talk about almost everything, though some topics offend his values so he feels uncomfortable.

He gets a certain enjoyment out of considering me a douche, even though I think he wishes he were that way at least part of the time. I think the key to this relationship is the fact that I won't force him to feel anything he doesn't wish too. I might bring it up, and argue my point, but if he doesn't want to divulge his feelings then so be it... I wait until he does. Using my P. I don't think it's so much a teacher-student relationship as it is a coexistence. If he doesn't force his Fi on me and I don't force my Ti onto him I think it'll work out great.

He is introverted enough to allow me to have some free time, but usually if you ask he's more than willing to spend as much time as you want with him. He does not like conflict whatsoever. I've gotten myself into somewhat of a pickle and he tried to deny having any sort of conversation about it with me. He has extremely low confidence on almost all fronts of life. I try to joke around and toughen him up. When I'm wrong he is usually right which I think helps his confidence.

He is quite judgemental of people's opinions, which I find annoying, more so if it's directed at me because I will only a judge an opinion that I see flaws in and I rarely judge him. I can guarantee that when I'm around him I will simultaneously make him hate and enjoy my company.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I've formed a rather strong relationship with an INFP. It's working out great, or so it would seem. At times when we have deep, philosophical discussions he tries to cut down my amount of thinking, which I usually try to see if he is right and if I am blowing it out of proportion or not, if I'm not, I disregard it and keep defending. It seems that we can talk about almost everything, though some topics offend his values so he feels uncomfortable.

He gets a certain enjoyment out of considering me a douche, even though I think he wishes he were that way at least part of the time. I think the key to this relationship is the fact that I won't force him to feel anything he doesn't wish too. I might bring it up, and argue my point, but if he doesn't want to divulge his feelings then so be it... I wait until he does. Using my P. I don't think it's so much a teacher-student relationship as it is a coexistence. If he doesn't force his Fi on me and I don't force my Ti onto him I think it'll work out great.

He is introverted enough to allow me to have some free time, but usually if you ask he's more than willing to spend as much time as you want with him. He does not like conflict whatsoever. I've gotten myself into somewhat of a pickle and he tried to deny having any sort of conversation about it with me. He has extremely low confidence on almost all fronts of life. I try to joke around and toughen him up. When I'm wrong he is usually right which I think helps his confidence.

He is quite judgemental of people's opinions, which I find annoying, more so if it's directed at me because I will only a judge an opinion that I see flaws in and I rarely judge him. I can guarantee that when I'm around him I will simultaneously make him hate and enjoy my company.

I like that. A little torment is always good fun.

themarlins

I love infps, they are one of my favorite types.

dated 2 of them and i could really see it working

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
My relationship to INFPs:

You know the red button on your car starter/unlocker thing that sets off the alarm? My relationship to INFPs is like if I were to press that button, and run around my car dancing and screaming over the alarm, trying to shut it off before people thought that I was stealing my own car. Then having a police officer walk out from the cafe after watching my "musical performance" through the glass window and asking me to step away from the vehicle. I try to jerk my unlocker thing at the car to make the alarm stop, but the policeman thinks that I'm trying to jump at him, so he tackles me to the ground and pins my hands behind my back. Then a parade of children, government officials and seniors goes down the street. Then a group of zombies break loose in the crowd, turning the parade into MORE ZOMBIES OMGZORZ!!! THEN I HAVE TO SHUT MY CAR OFF BEFORE IT ATTRACTS THE ATTENTION OF THE ZOMBIES WHILE BEING PINNED BY THE AWESTRUCK COP!!!!

The rest of the story is a choose-your-own-ending, but I think it's a smooth summary. That being said, I'm still mighty tempted to push that red button :wubbie:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

You know the red button on your car starter/unlocker thing that sets off the alarm? My relationship to INFPs is like if I were to press that button, and run around my car dancing and screaming over the alarm, trying to shut it off before people thought that I was stealing my own car. Then having a police officer walk out from the cafe after watching my "musical performance" through the glass window and asking me to step away from the vehicle. I try to jerk my unlocker thing at the car to make the alarm stop, but the policeman thinks that I'm trying to jump at him, so he tackles me to the ground and pins my hands behind my back. Then a parade of children, government officials and seniors goes down the street. Then a group of zombies break loose in the crowd, turning the parade into MORE ZOMBIES OMGZORZ!!! THEN I HAVE TO SHUT MY CAR OFF BEFORE IT ATTRACTS THE ATTENTION OF THE ZOMBIES WHILE BEING PINNED BY THE AWESTRUCK COP!!!!

The rest of the story is a choose-your-own-ending, but I think it's a smooth summary. That being said, I'm still mighty tempted to push that red button :wubbie:

Win.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have a good INFP friend. I adore her. But she's she. It would depend on the INFP...for me.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4

hehe. I struggle with an ENTP in my life. I adore the $#%@ out of him, but we grate on each other's nerves like no other.

I think I could marry an ENTP just for that reason. I seem to prefer a constant state of chaos. I don't think any other N type does that for me.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I find it amazing how we as instigators of antagonism are loved so wildly for the evil we produce. It makes me smile. :devil:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

:D <---- this smile isn't wide enough to express how wide I have smiled.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Something tells me this thread would have been sim's favorite!

:devil:

Qre:us

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx6QliaetKk]INFP - the yellow ball of fluff, Katie[/youtube]

They tickle me so.....