• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The NT Prejudice Against Feeling

Qre:us

Not just NT, but, T, in general. I started a thread a while back regarding prejudice against sensors, and one of my points was the way the T/F dichotomies are expressed, the terminologies used, propagates the prejudice.

Just like mental retardation has now become obscure to be replaced by, 'individuals with intellectual disabilities'.

A T on his flaws due to weakness of F: Yeah, I know I am cold and hard and too logical, and am probably emotionally retarded.

(said so many times on these forums, and I know for a lot of T's, this 'woe-is-me' is just a facade for pride....they take PRIDE in being 'cold and hard and logical, and, emotionally retarded'...weirdly enough)

A F on his flaws due to weakness of T: Yeah, I know that I am not too rational or logical and can get too emotional about stuff

(imo, this is a true admittance of flaw versus the above scenario, esp. with evidence from how the individuals follow up statements after)

For humans, the capacity for consciousness is intrinsically linked to the rational mind. If we say that feeling is irrational, while thinking is rational...we've already set it up for prejudice. We must first break stereotypes that T > F when it comes to predictability of intelligence/smarts.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
(said so many times on these forums, and I know for a lot of T's, this 'woe-is-me' is just a facade for pride....they take PRIDE in being 'cold and hard and logical, and, emotionally retarded'...weirdly enough)

Yes thats another good point, to watch development go down the hill. Before MBTI one could have been probably on the quest in finding himself and after he discovered MBTI he lived after its rules.

Its just a natural development then that MBTI will get boring sooner or later and one will question his type again over and over, because he hasnt found himself at all. ( Or worse he creates his own fantasy world )

Its just a natural development then that MBTI will get boring sooner or later and one will question his type again over and over, because he hasnt found himself at all. ( Or worse he creates his own fantasy world )

Well, playing hide-and-seek with oneself is often said to be a hard undertaking.
My suggestion, I find you, you find me.

Okay, you hide now, and I'll count to 10 and then go look for you (PROMISE!:cheese:)

Last edited:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:D Nah, I am gonna wait till morning still thinking I deceived you bigtime :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh, I wanna play!!

But let's amp it up a bit. My friends and I used to call hide-and-seek "manhunt", and it would always be at night in the woods.

Tag, Q, you're it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Cant tell, I never tried. I never wanted to play hide and seek cause there was physical movement involved :D

Cant tell, I never tried. I never wanted to play hide and seek cause there was physical movement involved :D

You must be awsome at sex. :happy:

Oh, I wanna play!!

But let's amp it up a bit. My friends and I used to call hide-and-seek "manhunt", and it would always be at night in the woods.

Tag, Q, you're it.

Penishunt begins! In the night, searching for wood. Wait...:doh: I think I read something wrong somewhere.

*they'll never find me in this stinky dumpster*

Find and WANT to find, two different matters, STINKY!

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not just NT, but, T, in general. I started a thread a while back regarding prejudice against sensors, and one of my points was the way the T/F dichotomies are expressed, the terminologies used, propagates the prejudice.

[...]

A T on his flaws due to weakness of F: Yeah, I know I am cold and hard and too logical, and am probably emotionally retarded.

Exactly. Poor you, so cold and logical. How could you possibly survive in the world?

I do, however, have much concern for others and am inclined towards giving to and doing for others. [...] I analyze constantly, it's just that humans are my preferred interest. This is how my 'F' is expressed.

+1. I think and analyze plenty. It's just people I analyze mainly instead of inanimate objects or concepts.

And for the last time, sanveane, get out of my head!

I much prefer the umbrella word 'Ethical' used in Socionics which implies that judgement and rationality are used in decision making rather than the almost pejorative term that 'Feeling' has become.

Btw, I think ethical and logical as used in Socionics are better names for the 'feeling' and 'thinking' dichotomy used in MBTI.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Yes I aggree. Sometimes this whole MBTI thing seems like grouping from High School and too often its used to generalize unique personalities into much more larger groups. I think tho, it is not possible to get rid of that, cause most humans cannot live with the concept of infinity diversity in infinite combinations.

It would drive them insane

i can't speak for what would happen if mankind thoroughly understood what infinity stands for. but for as long as we just mentally abbreviate infinity into nothingness, nobody will go insane.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
i can't speak for what would happen if mankind thoroughly understood what infinity stands for. but for as long as we just mentally abbreviate infinity into nothingness, nobody will go insane.

Your word in gods ear

LordKravis

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
so i am new this this forum....(insert applause here) Anyways, so i didn't exactly read all of this topic, however i have been thinking about this subject a lot lately. I as an ENTP do not like to engage in many activities with people ruled by emotion i feel it is because i have a good concept of people emotions. i oftan like to play games with people and their emotions for entertainment purposes as well as i like to study people. I know that when i get on a kick to do anything that is in my mind i have so much feeling twords what ever it is that i am trying to do that my thinking and feelings go as one. i obsess about what ever it is. i understand that is part of my thinking process but i am here to tell you that there is so much feeling behind it that it is sick. there for i do not like to deal with people who are all emotional with no concept of emotions and deeper thought, its more that they just run everything by emotion without thinking about it. this whole topic makes for an interesting one for me, i am dealing with it right now, my wife is an ISFJ which is totally great i love her until she talks or asks questions! maybe im just prejudice against people who i think cant understand their own emotions

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think most of the people who answered this thread, are not the ones who are anti-feeler. Just my two cents.

LordKravis

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
i am anti feeler! thats is what im saying, only if they are uncontrollable and there is no logic behind them. picture if you will a crossing of a romulan and a vulcan and thats the people im ok with, well on a level that gets a respect from me that no one else does. everyone else is pretty much here for my amusment!

roseille

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
For me, emotion has only served as a tool for very specific situations. I will get angry to the point that I can focus it to help me fight. I sympathize when it helps to understand the situation, but only to the point that I find a logical solution. Sorrow, fear, I haven't found a reason for them, so I don't use them. So when someone comes crying, I give the sympathy bit a go. If it doesn't work, I address the problem directly and bypass the emotions. In this sense, yes, I'm anti-feeling. I worked hard to control my emotions, and few things are more irritating than a whiny feeler. That's why I don't want children.
I'm working on it, though. I have an ex that, among other reasons, broke up with me because I was so detached.