• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Signs an INTP *dislikes* you.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
So, yeah, there was this annoying-ass dude who wanted to hang out with me and my friends more often.

Not that my style pertains to all INTP's, but this is what I would do around this guy:

I would insult his intelligence and not laugh afterwards.
Be really brief when speaking to him.
Avoid looking at him.

etc.

Shit, after my friends realized he was annoying as fuck too, he wanted to watch a movie with us and my one friend convinced him we were going to do cocaine and have gay orgies (Wtf.) but this kid still wanted to hang around. I eventually told him that he's okay if he's just chilling, but he tries way the fuck too hard and is annoying.

What boggles my mind is that he didn't understand what I was saying. (I know I'm being vague as hell here, but I don't really feel like getting into it...)

Anyways, what are your ways of showing disliking toward another person?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I just won't talk to them. Ever. If they're persistent I just kind of vanish.

*poof*

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First they name a large melon after you. Then, they stab it with a knife and take pictures of themselves eating "your" soft fruity melon brain. No wait. That's just Jock. The murderer.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I just don't engage with them at all. I might be polite enough to acknowledge they're alive, but it'll just be a glance and a perfunctory "yes" or "no." I send very clear signals that they should proceed no further.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I think we have to differentiate typical dislike for everyone vs. dislike for someone's specific traits.

But mostly they go on ignore mode.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
cocaine and gay orgies? why wouldnt he stick around?!

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
I tend to give them the blank stare of death while picturing the skin being flayed from their face by miniscule ninjas and then watching tiny magical trolls weave the meaty bits together to make a lovely throw rug for my entry way.
Then I grin ever so slightly, which is apparently creepy, because then they leave me alone.

*wonders if I ever say any of that aloud while I am staring through their head*

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
i beg to differ...

either way
why are you complaining
i thought you told me before it was your thing :cheese:

or maybe it was your haircut that said it

It could have been both. I hate my haircut. I don't know why I still cut it like this.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My INTP workmate waved his hand today when I passed by the window and he took a smoke on the balcony. I guess thats a sign he is starting to like me, so I have to concentrate to not sabotage it.

But I have to admit, I bought him. He is the only one in my department who is a coffee addict like I am and when I found out I brought my special coffee and brewed one. And after I saw him drinking I passed by randomly and started to talk to him. he said then: "Thats a nice coffee btw, have you tried it ?" - "Ouh ya, really ? Thats nice. I made it :)"

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
My INTP workmate waved his hand today when I passed by the window and he took a smoke on the balcony. I guess thats a sign he is starting to like me, so I have to concentrate to not sabotage it.

But I have to admit, I bought him. He is the only one in my department who is a coffee addict like I am and when I found out I brought my special coffee and brewed one. And after I saw him drinking I passed by randomly and started to talk to him. he said then: "Thats a nice coffee btw, have you tried it ?" - "Ouh ya, really ? Thats nice. I made it :)"

If you got a wave, you must almost be his best friend.

Cigz, coffee, hangovers, hate of stupid people or trite sayings, morbid humor............all points of bonding for the INTP.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I just don't engage with them at all. I might be polite enough to acknowledge they're alive, but it'll just be a glance and a perfunctory "yes" or "no." I send very clear signals that they should proceed no further.

I have seen this done to other people and have had it done to me. In the last case, I'm guilty of going up to them and talking with (at) them while wearing a knowing smile to bug them a little. I can't help but finding it childish in a very highschool clique-ish way (woe is you if you don't conform to Ti rules) to just cold-shoulder people like that. In my experience a judgement about the other person is often made based on very limited data and INTP-specific assumptions that need not necessarily apply to the other person.

(I don't mean to target you specifically Tallulah. It's just something that bothers me about a fair number of the INTPs I know, so quick to judge.)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

Ah, so NTPs do chit-chat

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
of course, but its rare. Did it twice in 6 months

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I basically ignore them, don't make eye contact, don't respond to anything they say, treat them like they don't exist.

I only react aggressively if they intrude into my space/comments, and then it's either active shunning or else it's a short snappy comment and then back to ignoring them.

sculpting

ohh I know this one.... My favorite Dir of HW RnD does the most awesome thing.

He stares at people like they are retarded, then say things that don't really make any sense to them but sound somewhat abstract and impressive. One liners mostly. To save face all the ENTPs and SJs pretend like they understand, wonder off lost and he gets shit done.

Our funniest conversation:

He: how many alpha instrument systems should i build?
Me: 47, 32, 5, 18, 24.... I dont know, why would I know?
He: I need one number
Me: uh uh buddy, this is like the lotto, you get six numbers
He: six it is.

then he wondered off.