• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Signs an INTP *dislikes* you.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ohh I know this one.... My favorite Dir of HW RnD does the most awesome thing.

He stares at people like they are retarded, then say things that don't really make any sense to them but sound somewhat abstract and impressive. One liners mostly. To save face all the ENTPs and SJs pretend like they understand, wonder off lost and he gets shit done.

Our funniest conversation:

He: how many alpha instrument systems should i build?
Me: 47, 32, 5, 18, 24.... I dont know, why would I know?
He: I need one number
Me: uh uh buddy, this is like the lotto, you get six numbers
He: six it is.

then he wondered off.

omg love... :wubbie:

haha!! why do i adore the nonsense so!? somebody help me!

sculpting

omg love... :wubbie:

haha!! why do i adore the nonsense so!? somebody help me!

it seems to work with the intps. pure nonsense short circuits thier rational thought and they just stare...

and smile....

my intps at work are so freakin awesome.

However in my defense he and I am are supper buddies as I kicked the shit out of an entp who was effin the whole project up.

Mykick ass Te allowed him to get shit done so we work well together even if we communicate through subconcious means.

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Shit, after my friends realized he was annoying as fuck too, he wanted to watch a movie with us and my one friend convinced him we were going to do cocaine and have gay orgies (Wtf.) but this kid still wanted to hang around.

:rofl1: Well if you ever directly reject his friend ship, he can always use this as blackmail.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
So, yeah, there was this annoying-ass dude who wanted to hang out with me and my friends more often.

Not that my style pertains to all INTP's, but this is what I would do around this guy:

I would insult his intelligence and not laugh afterwards.
Be really brief when speaking to him.
Avoid looking at him.

etc.

Shit, after my friends realized he was annoying as fuck too, he wanted to watch a movie with us and my one friend convinced him we were going to do cocaine and have gay orgies (Wtf.) but this kid still wanted to hang around. I eventually told him that he's okay if he's just chilling, but he tries way the fuck too hard and is annoying.

What boggles my mind is that he didn't understand what I was saying. (I know I'm being vague as hell here, but I don't really feel like getting into it...)

Anyways, what are your ways of showing disliking toward another person?

Being judgemental is a sign of immaturity. You are obviously still stuck in your high school days.

In the business world , you always have to work with someone you intensely dislike, whether you want to or not. If someone is paying you you have to work along with him/her no matter how much you hate him. So you might as well learn to suck it up.

I find it even hard to dislike people. It wastes time and energy. I am usually accomodating unless there is a clash of interests. Even then I have to put up a polite front. Thats how the world works. I don't show it if I dislike someone unless its issues concerning leadership. This is about being political.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
If you really want to know what I do to people I dislike. I would use them as tools to carry out my own plans, while not showing any dislike toward them.

You sir, Blanmk would be one of these people.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
yeah, i have to agree with those who echo my sentiments when i say: If I don't like you, one suerfire sign is that I do not entertain any proposition or idea you shoot at me. It will sink ten times out of ten, just because you as a source have been deemed that vile. It's not a personal thing though, it's like a valve or something. Guess INFJs aren't the only ones who doorslam, in a manner of speaking!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I have seen this done to other people and have had it done to me. In the last case, I'm guilty of going up to them and talking with (at) them while wearing a knowing smile to bug them a little. I can't help but finding it childish in a very highschool clique-ish way (woe is you if you don't conform to Ti rules) to just cold-shoulder people like that. In my experience a judgement about the other person is often made based on very limited data and INTP-specific assumptions that need not necessarily apply to the other person.

(I don't mean to target you specifically Tallulah. It's just something that bothers me about a fair number of the INTPs I know, so quick to judge.)

Oh, wow. I wouldn't do that, because that's a good way to get an INTP to be outright rude, which they're trying to avoid doing by simply avoiding. :p Not to mention, they'll know what you're doing and really dislike you, whereas before, they probably didn't mean anything personal by it. Thing is, INTPs are rarely part of cliques anyway, so it's not so much a snobby thing as much as not really wanting to engage. All back to saving energy. My judgment about someone is either based upon that moment in time or based upon interaction or observation. It's possible for it to change later, but at the moment, I just want that person to keep their distance, and polite ignoring is the best way to go about it. I don't do it in an obvious cold shoulder way, though. Just sort of, "nothing personal, but I'm not in the mood." Usually it's just that we're in our heads and don't want to come out and play just because the other person is bored.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Anyone I dislike does not exist. Therefore, I don't dislike anyone. ;)

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I just don't engage with them at all. I might be polite enough to acknowledge they're alive, but it'll just be a glance and a perfunctory "yes" or "no." I send very clear signals that they should proceed no further.

I have seen this done to other people and have had it done to me. In the last case, I'm guilty of going up to them and talking with (at) them while wearing a knowing smile to bug them a little. I can't help but finding it childish in a very highschool clique-ish way (woe is you if you don't conform to Ti rules) to just cold-shoulder people like that.

Oh, wow. I wouldn't do that, because that's a good way to get an INTP to be outright rude, which they're trying to avoid doing by simply avoiding. :p Not to mention, they'll know what you're doing and really dislike you, whereas before, they probably didn't mean anything personal by it. Thing is, INTPs are rarely part of cliques anyway, so it's not so much a snobby thing as much as not really wanting to engage. All back to saving energy. My judgment about someone is either based upon that moment in time or based upon interaction or observation. It's possible for it to change later, but at the moment, I just want that person to keep their distance, and polite ignoring is the best way to go about it. I don't do it in an obvious cold shoulder way, though. Just sort of, "nothing personal, but I'm not in the mood."

What lulah said. (wow, second time today)

Uytuun, it's a way of trying to be polite to someone you just can't stand. I'm a bit stand-offish with people I don't know very well, but I only do the polite ignoring thing if I really dislike someone, which is fairly rare.

The last time I did it was at work with a guy I had to be polite to, but he made my skin crawl every time he came and talked to me. It was a combination of him being unethical, extremely patronising towards all the women in the team, loud and clueless. The first two were deal breakers for me. I had to be civil to him because we worked in the same team but man, it was hard. Edit: Every woman in my team, bar one very tolerant ISTJ, had the same reaction to him.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
(I don't mean to target you specifically Tallulah. It's just something that bothers me about a fair number of the INTPs I know, so quick to judge.)

How many INTPs do you know?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
It is not wise to show dislike towards anyone, even if you do harbor negitive feelings toward that peroson. any person can offer potential benefit to you in the future, even if he does stabbing you now. If someone is working against me, I would most likely suck it up and play dumb until what he does becomes extremely obvious.

Unless you have a obvious open vendetta towards him and everyone knows it. then it not wise to openly show dislike.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
^ lol opportunism at its best :devil:

Thats what salesmanship is about. Salesman give you a huge fucking smile even if they hate your balls. People who can do that are good businessman.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Awww....my heart breaks for this poor kid. He just wants someone to accept him and be his friend and you're looking for ways to reject him. This sounds very, very high school. I guess when you get older you're less judgmental towards people. What is so terribly annoying about this guy?
Why don't you take him under your wing and cultivate his better qualities?
I bet half his issue is insecurity and being rejected by people (that's why he tries so hard). Some of my best friends came out of people who annoyed me a bit at first.

Otherwise, I say grow a spine and be direct. Outright tell him he is not invited when you make plans.
Your current approach is obviously not clever or effective.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't demonstrate dislike towards people. I find my opinions of people swing round too quickly, so if I were to express my dislike now, I'll look like a twat if I find out they weren't as moronic as previously perceived.

:blink: Come to think of it, I don't really dislike anyone. If I do, it's mainly because they made it perfectly clear that they don't like me first. Even then, it's more of a fear than genuine dislike.

When I'm fed up of someone at the time, I go out of my way to avoid them. So if I'm persistently doing it, then it's abundantly clear. Hooray for being spineless!

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Oh, wow. I wouldn't do that, because that's a good way to get an INTP to be outright rude, which they're trying to avoid doing by simply avoiding. :p Not to mention, they'll know what you're doing and really dislike you, whereas before, they probably didn't mean anything personal by it. Thing is, INTPs are rarely part of cliques anyway, so it's not so much a snobby thing as much as not really wanting to engage. All back to saving energy. My judgment about someone is either based upon that moment in time or based upon interaction or observation. It's possible for it to change later, but at the moment, I just want that person to keep their distance, and polite ignoring is the best way to go about it. I don't do it in an obvious cold shoulder way, though. Just sort of, "nothing personal, but I'm not in the mood." Usually it's just that we're in our heads and don't want to come out and play just because the other person is bored.

It's alright, I don't cross the line to really anger them - it's not as much of a conscious experiment as it sounds anyways. The INTPs in question have long...not been a fan of me or suspicious of me (I doubt it's active dislike - they're always together as well), but I can't think of a reason why except for the fact that the way I deal with school is rather different from theirs. I think that the avoiding behaviour is often perceived as very rude, btw. I know it is, my INTP friend is seen as an ass by many of my other friends because he judges them unworthy of his attention. These people have done nothing to him except for being different from him (and they are generally intelligent, that's not the issue). A question of mutual misinterpretation perhaps.

No, I meant that what I see some INTPs do is based on the same framework of exclusion that underlies the highschool cliques they so attempt to oppose.

What lulah said. (wow, second time today)

Uytuun, it's a way of trying to be polite to someone you just can't stand. I'm a bit stand-offish with people I don't know very well, but I only do the polite ignoring thing if I really dislike someone, which is fairly rare.

The last time I did it was at work with a guy I had to be polite to, but he made my skin crawl every time he came and talked to me. It was a combination of him being unethical, extremely patronising towards all the women in the team, loud and clueless. The first two were deal breakers for me. I had to be civil to him because we worked in the same team but man, it was hard. Edit: Every woman in my team, bar one very tolerant ISTJ, had the same reaction to him.

Yeah, I think it might be a maturity thing as well.

How many INTPs do you know?

Depends on how you define know, but about 8-10? I know an ISTP that does the same thing.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
With INTP facial expressions, it can be hard to tell. If we like you, we could look neutral or slightly amused/tickled, and if we dislike you, we look like we are looking down upon you from 1000 ft. up, at least that's what I've been told it feels like. Or we could look totally absent, because our mind already fled the scene 20 minutes ago.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being judgmental is a sign of immaturity. You are obviously still stuck in your high school days.

Wow, contradiction loop in the making, huh? The brain reels.

In the business world , you always have to work with someone you intensely dislike, whether you want to or not. If someone is paying you you have to work along with him/her no matter how much you hate him. So you might as well learn to suck it up.

I find it even hard to dislike people. It wastes time and energy. I am usually accommodating unless there is a clash of interests. Even then I have to put up a polite front. Thats how the world works. I don't show it if I dislike someone unless its issues concerning leadership. This is about being political.

Very true... and actually there are few people I actively dislike. I can only name about 3-5 out of all the people I've ever met who I've had an almost physical repulsion towards because of how they think and behave, and if they'd change, I wouldn't push them away,

Awww....my heart breaks for this poor kid. He just wants someone to accept him and be his friend and you're looking for ways to reject him. This sounds very, very high school. I guess when you get older you're less judgmental towards people. What is so terribly annoying about this guy?
Why don't you take him under your wing and cultivate his better qualities?
I bet half his issue is insecurity and being rejected by people (that's why he tries so hard). Some of my best friends came out of people who annoyed me a bit at first.

Otherwise, I say grow a spine and be direct. Outright tell him he is not invited when you make plans. Your current approach is obviously not clever or effective.

This is why this is a discussion of some of the signs INTPs might typically show when they don't like someone, it's not a workshop on how an INFP feels about people and what they think the best course of action is.

(Although I agree that your approach I think is more productive long term. But then again, people are at where they're at, and they're who they are... and you really have no idea of the actual situation, you're sort of projecting your INFP perceptions on "what this guy must be feeling and why he is behaving this way." Maybe the guy actually IS annoying, and being nice to him will not fix that. We just cannot be sure right now, without observation.)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I've never felt the need to bring someone into my close circle of friends that I didn't actively like. Life's too short. I do tend to attract the oddballs sometimes, and I have a lot of patience for people that others find annoying. But I'm not going to take on a whole slew of "project people." I don't have the energy for that. Again, and I cannot stress this enough, INTPs are all about conserving our energy. Making small talk and doing charity work in the social realm depletes us like crazy. It takes something interesting for us to want to get outside our heads. And being INTP, we aren't all that concerned about how that makes us look.

Being a female INTP, and having people on my case to be more sociable since I was a kid, I have developed a sort of ESFJ mask that seems to make people happier with me (ie, leave me alone). This only works in the short-term, though. Say, having to get through a party situation if I HAD to go. Longterm, it just complicates matters, because I can't keep it up, and then people wonder why I can be so friendly and then not want to go hang out with them in some bar later.