• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJs & Academia

T

ThatGirl

I originally started attending college to take a class here and there for fun. Sort of an intellectual outlet. Since then I started to take it more seriously, and am trying to figure out the most practical application for my studies.

My assessment of college is this, 90% of what you learn is how to take the class, maybe 10% is new information. So going to college has become more of a means to an end than anything else.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I originally started attending college to take a class here and there for fun. Sort of an intellectual outlet. Since then I started to take it more seriously, and am trying to figure out the most practical application for my studies.

My assessment of college is this, 90% of what you learn is how to take the class, maybe 10% is new information. So going to college has become more of a means to an end than anything else.

Well said.

sculpting

I have met three ENTJs. Only one spent much time in academics-at west point teaching engineering. I dont ever recall meeting a strong ENTJ in grad school-lots of entps, intps and some INTJs. Maybe one-but it could have been she was an INTJ and culturally raised to be outspoken.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suspect my aunt is an ENTJ and she greatly values higher education. She's very into status, and I think that is a part of it. That said, she dropped out of college and became more interested in moving up the corporate ladder.

Jaguar

I'm reading That Girl's post saying to myself, this is not an ENTJ talking. It's an ENTP.

Then another ENTP follows up with: "Well said."

LOL.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Thank you! I've been feeling so weird about college lately. I just got accepted to a masters program in strategic communication and I didn't know what to do. I had a weird feeling about it, couldn't tell if I wanted to do it or not, and I couldn't identify that feeling until now. The bold part, is exactly how I feel about college at this moment.

T

ThatGirl

I'm reading That Girl's post saying to myself, this is not an ENTJ talking. It's an ENTP.

Then another ENTP follows up with: "Well said."

LOL.

Does it count that the one B+ that fucked up my 4.0, due to a pissy teacher and scheduling conflict, made me want to kill somebody?

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I suspect my aunt is an ENTJ and she greatly values higher education. She's very into status, and I think that is a part of it. That said, she dropped out of college and became more interested in moving up the corporate ladder.

Yes, yes and yes. That's been my thing up till now as well. I've been so focused on getting a bachelors degree, that I've just been pushing towards that goal without any regards to actually enjoying what I'm studying. I think the same thing is happening with my masters degree - I want that degree because I know it's a good investment in my future. But right now I can't commit to two more years of studying. I need a break. And by break I mean taking various classes and job-hunting.

Jaguar

Does it count that the one B+ that fucked up my 4.0, due to a pissy teacher and scheduling conflict, made me want to kill somebody?

You just proved my point and you don't even see why.

T

ThatGirl

You just proved my point and you don't even see why.

Does it count that it happened because I was working six days a week, full time college at night, and only missed one quiz? That when asking to make that up all the teacher could do was door slam me with a story about when he lost HIS 4.0.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hmm I'm in applied science + engineering and I really can't handle the courses that are much more theoretical. I kind of just tolerate it and only get really interested in the courses that I find apply directly to some sort of career.

Theoretical classes seem like such a waste of time

Jaguar

"Does it count"
"Does it count"

It's like a bird that can't stop squawking.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You mean folks, leave Britney alone !

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Does it count"
"Does it count"

It's like a bird that can't stop squawking.

shes an ENTJ. get over it. :D no one made you the sole holder of the ENTJ stamp...