• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Does Sex = Love for NTs

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
EXACTLY erinavery... If an ENFP pulled that disappearing thing - it would mean something completely different.

Yea, I can see this. I think this is why the communication is key. Otherwise you stay trapped in your own subjective bubble.

seeker22

MBTI Type
XNTJ
Oh, you can honor differences and all that as long as you're being upfront and honest. Just think if you are wondering about something she does, you should talk.

Yes Synarch - I appreciate your point. Absolutely. It IS all about honesty. Honesty about - WHO you are, WHAT you think, HOW you feel, and also, about what your INTENTIONS are. That is what I am skeptical about - her intentions. She says she wants to be free to date others and I am welcome to as well.

It's still early so I have no problem with her DATING other people. BUT, if by "DATING" she means "SLEEPING WITH" other people - I am out! And she knows it!

Then again - INTPs don't like to be told what to do or feel controlled. I've told her - you can do WHATEVER you want - but I am also free to RESPOND with my own decisions (ie/LEAVE) if you want to sleep with other people.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes Synarch - I appreciate your point. Absolutely. It IS all about honesty. Honesty about - WHO you are, WHAT you think, HOW you feel, and also, about what your INTENTIONS are. That is what I am skeptical about - her intentions. She says she wants to be free to date others and I am welcome to as well.

It's still early so I have no problem with her DATING other people. BUT, if by "DATING" she means "SLEEPING WITH" other people - I am out! And she knows it!

Then again - INTPs don't like to be told what to do or feel controlled. I've told her - you can do WHATEVER you want - but I am also free to RESPOND with my own decisions (ie/LEAVE) if you want to sleep with other people.

Sounds like you got it figured out. You deserve to be with someone who only wants you, who will do anything to please you, bro.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

That seems fair. Do you think she would be honest and tell you if she was? Seriously, I wouldn't worry about her feelings for you. And the intentions will work itself out, like you said - it's still early. She really does seem like she's in to you. She just expresses it differently, and that's the beauty of this whole thing...

seeker22

MBTI Type
XNTJ
Yes, the fact that it is still early - I can't expect her to want to be with just me right off the bat... INTPs are "slow to warm up" from what I understand... =) I told her the ONLY expectation I have is honesty.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, the fact that it is still early - I can't expect her to want to be with just me right off the bat... INTPs are "slow to warm up" from what I understand... =) I told her the ONLY expectation I have is honesty.

Sex does not equal "still early". You're past that.

seeker22

MBTI Type
XNTJ
Sex does not equal "still early". You're past that.

True. That's why I don't know what the h*ll we are doing!! LOL!!
She has obviously "let me in" on an intellectual and sexual level - emotional is yet to be discovered, although she has fumbled around and hinted at it.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
True. That's why I don't know what the h*ll we are doing!! LOL!!
She has obviously "let me in" on an intellectual and sexual level - emotional is yet to be discovered, although she has fumbled around and hinted at it.

That's why you don't throw a fuck on someone before you get to know them well. Especially, especially if you think it has potential.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're on Fe overload today... dumbass.

He sure is. I love the "ZOMG I FEEL SO EMOTIONAL ABOUT THIS THAT I CAN'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD DISAGREE"

That's cute, really.

And srsly, Synarch, cut the bullshit about calling people sluts because their personal moral beliefs on who to have consensual sex with don't line up with yours. That's pretty SJ of you, don't you think?

I'm really sorry if you can't handle no-strings-attached sex, but try to stretch that brain a little and recognize that what's good for you isn't necessarily good for everyone. I respect your decision to abstain from it, now respect mine not to.

btw, Jenocyde...what you doing later tonight? ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Oh right...I forgot.

Look honestly I really understand where you're coming from...just know that not everybody is like that and being able to separate physical intercourse from emotional intimacy is something a lot of people (especially Ts) can do without any negative emotional consequences (unwanted pregnancy/disease notwithstanding.)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
^ Oh right...I forgot.

Look honestly I really understand where you're coming from...just know that not everybody is like that and being able to separate physical intercourse from emotional intimacy is something a lot of people (especially Ts) can do without any negative emotional consequences (unwanted pregnancy/disease notwithstanding.)

I've never seen anyone who could TRULY do this. If they could, they would be monstrous.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I've never seen anyone who could TRULY do this. If they could, they would be monstrous.

Why is that monstrous? I'm really curious to understand the thought process involved.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Umm, more importantly, how do you know this? Everyone you've ever known who's engaged in casual sex has confided deeply in you that they actually ended up developing serious feelings and couldn't handle it anymore?

And no, there's nothing "monstrous" about it; it's just different from you, which doesn't necessitate any negative connotation. Stop confusing the two.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Umm, more importantly, how do you know this? Everyone you've ever known who's engaged in casual sex has confided deeply in you that they actually ended up developing serious feelings and couldn't handle it anymore?

And also, the point is that just because a relationship is not centered around deep feelings of love, doesn't mean that sex is therefore casual or a one night stand. You can date someone and feel a passion for them, knowing that you won't spend eternity with them... We've ALL done that.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why is that monstrous? I'm really curious to understand the thought process involved.

It indicates a low nature. A beast without an elevated soul.

And no, there's nothing "monstrous" about it; it's just different from you, which doesn't necessitate any negative connotation. Stop confusing the two.

The same way I know everything else I know.

Why do you find it healthy if people can separate it?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
And also, the point is that just because a relationship is not centered around deep feelings of love, doesn't mean that sex is therefore casual or a one night stand. You can date someone and feel a passion for them, knowing that you won't spend eternity with them... We've ALL done that.

I just make the claim that you can't separate the physical from the emotional. This is not that weird. If you can, in my mind, you're a monster.