• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Does Sex = Love for NTs

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
^

According to Socionics, the "hidden motive" for INTPs is to love. So... that makes sense.

I could agree with that, though I wouldn't call it "hidden" nor would I call it a motive for sex.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I'll admit it. Even in a dedicated relationship, I'm terrible about calling someone back. If they call at an inopportune time I let it go to VM and might forget that they called :(

I almost never answer my phone, but people close to me know that.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have in my possession an ENTP love letter. Not so much a letter as an extremely touching complex poem written for me years and years ago when I was horribly sick. I've never been swayed by such things before, but every time I read that blasted thing, I cry. It's definitely not a PG rated read, but at the same time, it's not vulgar or strictly physical. It did involve "the act" but it was so tied to his emotional state and mine that it went beyond words into our shared psyche.

I do realize though that other types may not view sex et al as NFs do - I think we get a lot more done in our minds than externally.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Basically, er, sex is a tool to illustrate the argument of love.

"See here? This is how I feel about you. Now do you understand? Good. Now about that Battlestar Galactica finale..."

It serves its purpose, and it's fine for that. It's so much effort, though (both physically and emotionally), that a solid cuddle seems more efficient. Also, less cleanup. Usually.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

"See here? This is how I feel about you. Now do you understand? Good. Now about that Battlestar Galactica finale..."

It serves its purpose, and it's fine for that. It's so much effort, though (both physically and emotionally), that a solid cuddle seems more efficient. Also, less cleanup. Usually.

omg! :girlfight:

it's not supposed to be WORK!

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP

Damn straight. And I am not sleeping on the wet spot.

Seriously - there's a lot more connection during the cuddling. Sometimes before working the kinks out and sometimes after.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
it's not supposed to be WORK!
You realize how much exertion it involves? I'm not saying the sentiment isn't worth a grand statement occasionally. It's just, there are more elegant ways of expressing it.

I say this as someone who has been meaning to fold the laundry for a month.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You realize how much exertion it involves? I'm not saying the sentiment isn't worth a grand statement occasionally. It's just, there are more elegant ways of expressing it.

haha...oh you funny intp people. :smile:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP

Funny, I always thought of it as firstly, the way the species is procreated and secondly, the carrot on the stick that lures and keeps people in situations (relationships) that equate to a crucible in which their personal development can happen - the long commitment, compromizing, maturing process that happens ideally. Since most humans are more interested in getting what they want, now, and less interested in putting up with sacrifices and stuff for future benefits that are not material but more spiritual, there has to be a very tempting carrot on a stick to keep them there, and that's sex.

But I could be wrong.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, well. That's assuming it's a major temptation in its own right. Or that one is interested in procreating.

If sex can keep a relationship healthy, or add another aspect to it, fine. It has its uses. It also has its failings. It's only good so long as it aids, rather than hinders or replaces, communication.

Now, granted, there is an abstract fascination. For me, sex is sort of like composing a song. It's at its most exciting when I've a new concept to disassemble (be it systemically or thematically). For others, it's like a jam session. And, well, all right. Sure. I just don't get that visceral thing. Can't stand Led Zepplin.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, well. That's assuming it's a major temptation in its own right. Or that one is interested in procreating.

Well, to me it isn't - I've been celibate for six years and intend to stay that way permanently. But I'm very different in my worldview than most people, because my life experience is very different to most people's, as well as my physical make-up. For most people though, I think the bottom line is that being in a real, committed relationship such as marriage is very good for their development, but they wouldn't put up with the shit along the way if the prospect of sex on tap didn't balance it out. So it's kinda a way to ensure that most people uh, grow up.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
So it's kinda a way to ensure that most people uh, grow up.
That's interesting. I can see that reasoning. Broadly speaking!

jenocyde said:
*Boo hiss*
Snore.

Seriously, I've never been able to listen to a single song all the way through. I just space out. I've a similar problem with jazz, particularly from the late '50s on. I'm sure I must have heard Stairway to Heaven dozens of times, but whenever it comes up I fail to recognize a note of it. I just... my brain turns off.

It's great if it grabs you.

This is more my speed:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjvTTfbpWjY"].[/YOUTUBE]