• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Does Sex = Love for NTs

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, as long as you can tell yourself that. I'm just caring less and less for having someone else in my life due to how much of a pain in the ass it is.

hahahha, you'll be fine.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Except a hell of a lot more fun.

Well maybe if it weren't for that feeling after. I won't lie, the reason I won't do causal sex is because without a connection I hate how I feel after. here's how it goes:

Before I cum:

Oh my god, this is AMAZING, why don't I do this more often! There is nothing in the world that is more fun! Remember to do this EVERY DAY!

Fast forward 15 seconds:

Why did you think that was a good idea? If we were on top of a tall building and she were laying on the outside, I would push this &#%*$ off to get away from her, hell I would jump off in hopes she wouldn't follow. NEVER do this shit again!

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Well maybe if it weren't for that feeling after. I won't lie, the reason I won't do causal sex is because without a connection I hate how I feel after. here's how it goes:

Before I cum:

Oh my god, this is AMAZING, why don't I do this more often! There is nothing in the world that is more fun! Remember to do this EVERY DAY!

Fast forward 15 seconds:

Why did you think that was a good idea? If we were on top of a tall building and she were laying on the outside, I would push this &#%*$ off to get away from her, hell I would jump off in hopes she wouldn't follow. NEVER do this shit again!

Funny how hormones effects one's judgment and consciousness.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shall I conclude that prior to purchasing my NT mate, I should note the fine print: "Results may vary."?

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
I also like to have a connection, but I am not fond of "traditional" styles of relationships. So finding someone who views life in the same manner as I do is a little more problematic...

And at other times it's as simple as renting an apartment from the other side of the continent and showing up on the doorstep.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Shall I conclude that prior to purchasing my NT mate, I should note the fine print: "Results may vary."?

I've found that fine print on a few different types...

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw a reference to bacon... mmm!

I've had bacon naked in bed before/after sex, but never during sex... do I dare try?

O

Oberon

Actually I can see myself having sex with someone and not calling the next day. For reasons that are quite obvious if you are a full-bred INTP.

Well, sure... I mean, what if there was a new X-Box release or something?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
But how can you choose not to eat any animal products without being mentally defective? I love meat so much that anyone who doesn't must be either be lying, or delusional. Look deep down inside to the REAL you, and I'm sure you'll find that you're not really the way you think you are, but rather more like ME.

And if not then you're a sociopath.

Aw, I liked the joke. :hug:

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
Is it just my being an INTJ that makes me cringe to hear people say they have sex and don't plan on calling the person back, or do other types feel that way too? I mean, I guess if the other person shows absolutely no intentions of calling either, that's understandable...but the entire situation of that just makes me feel so uneasy.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Is it just my being an INTJ that makes me cringe to hear people say they have sex and don't plan on calling the person back, or do other types feel that way too? I mean, I guess if the other person shows absolutely no intentions of calling either, that's understandable...but the entire situation of that just makes me feel so uneasy.

It should make you feel uneasy....

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
To the OP: I think so, yes. At the very least, infatuation. Of course, I won't wait to be in love with a girl to have sex with her, but I cannot imagine having sex with a girl I'm not at least infatuated with.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

You are not alone.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw a reference to bacon... mmm!

I've had bacon naked in bed before/after sex, but never during sex... do I dare try?

Only if you're gonna call it the next day.

Pork got feewings too!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sex and emotion are not one and the same for me. I can separate the two and view sex the same way I would a back rub or hair cut. The emotional however is what makes sex worthwhile, it's what creates intimacy and passion for me so I make a choice not to have sex without emotion because without the intimacy and passion it's basically overly complicated masturbation.

To each their own ultimately, I don't judge. Frankly I wish I enjoyed casual sex because it's always been easy for me to find and it would make life simpler. Being a guy that has said no to more women than I've said yes to I can tell you first hand there aren't many ways to piss a woman off more!

+1

But don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone you love!

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP

What's the point of calling someone if you're going to see them in a couple of days and have nothing in particular to say? If a relationship is brand-new, I can understand calling them after the first two or three times for mutual reassurance, but what's the point after that?

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'll admit it. Even in a dedicated relationship, I'm terrible about calling someone back. If they call at an inopportune time I let it go to VM and might forget that they called :(

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll admit it. Even in a dedicated relationship, I'm terrible about calling someone back. If they call at an inopportune time I let it go to VM and might forget that they called :(

I do this too. :frown: A lot.

And I feel really bad about it when I remember.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Topic:

Ehh, no. I'd like to believe love is more then just sex. Anyone who doesn't feel that way, need not relationalize with me! :yes:

But enough wordgames. I do enjoy sex for the sake of love a thousand times better then just having sex. I don't know if that's just an INTP thing or not, however.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^

According to Socionics, the "hidden motive" for INTPs is to love. So... that makes sense.