• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The ENTP Support Thread

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why am I sitting here, online, in a towel, with my hair not done... when I said I was going to be at a party 30 minutes ago?

ENTPness... :(

Sounds more like we're more fun than your lame-ass party.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hey, he speaks the truth - we're pretty dope.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Synarch, you need to become a computer... so all ENTPs can access your databanks and find answers to their problems and questions.

ORACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOMNOMNOM!!!

/creepy

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I truly believe hangin out with some hip ENTPs online instead of hittin that party will prevent me from driving drunk:)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Synarch, you need to become a computer... so all ENTPs can access your databanks and find answers to their problems and questions.

ORACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOMNOMNOM!!!

/creepy

Aw, that is sweet of you to say. I'm just old, Femme. :hug:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Dear thread

My plan to conquer the world has not been wortking well. Lately I have been contemplating moving to china from Hong Kong. But the randomness and chaos there frightens me. I have never been on my own without the financial suipport of my parents. But I really want to try it out. My P ness is driving me to take a dive.

I alwatys wanted to travel around the world on my own without any money, hitchiking and learning new languages on the way. But chaos and uncertianty is truely frightening, and I do not know how to conquer my fears before I take any action.

I really wish I had the courage of Caesar when he said the die is cast, crossing the rubicon with only one legion and chanellenging the entire might of the roman government.
(with no backup planning!!)History has aways rewarded people who face uncertianity with courage.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Dear thread

My plan to conquer the world has not been wortking well. Lately I have been contemplating moving to china from Hong Kong. But the randomness and chaos there frightens me. I have never been on my own without the financial suipport of my parents. But I really want to try it out. My P ness is driving me to take a dive.

I alwatys wanted to travel around the world on my own without any money, hitchiking and learning new languages on the way. But chaos and uncertianty is truely frightening, and I do not know how to conquer my fears before I take any action.

I really wish I had the courage of Caesar when he said the die is cast, crossing the rubicon with only one legion and chanellenging the entire might of the roman government.
(with no backup planning!!)History has aways rewarded people who face uncertianity with courage.

Do it do it do it do it!!!

Especially if you're just going to the mainland. Beijing is so cheap and Shanghai is so easy to navigate and find work.

Seriously, just ask yourself what's the worst thing that can happen. For me, if it doesn't involve dismemberment, I'll do it. Other than that...

Then ask yourself what's the best thing that can happen.

You will find work no matter where you go. You will not fail, because there is no such thing as failing if you walk away with a good lesson learned and some experience under your belt. No decision lasts forever and if you don't like what you're doing, you can change your mind and come home.

What exactly are you afraid of?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Do it do it do it do it!!!

Especially if you're just going to the mainland. Beijing is so cheap and Shanghai is so easy to navigate and find work.

Seriously, just ask yourself what's the worst thing that can happen. For me, if it doesn't involve dismemberment, I'll do it. Other than that...

Then ask yourself what's the best thing that can happen.

You will find work no matter where you go. You will not fail, because there is no such thing as failing if you walk away with a good lesson learned and some experience under your belt. No decision lasts forever and if you don't like what you're doing, you can change your mind and come home.

What exactly are you afraid of?

You been to Beijing or the mainland? :hug:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Yea I don't know. I feel like procrastinating.

There are alot of horror stories in china, like people killing other people and take their organs out to sell it to the black market.
nd at least in the first few months, i have to sleep in the streets, with no food and no water until I find a job.

I am probably sounding like an ISTJ now.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, a little bit istj :)

Hey, there are horror stories everywhere. I have a friend who won't visit me in NYC because she's terrified that someone will push her onto the train tracks or she'll get mugged. None of which ever happens.

I know tons of people (chinese and foreigners) that have lived and worked there and left with all their organs in tact...

I was traveling around China and ending up staying for a while. I found it easy to get work there (but maybe it's easier for foreigners??). It helped a LOT that I can get by in Mandarin and simplified writing - you should learn simplified, if you don't know how to read it already. I have a friend who barely speaks English and got a job as an English teacher to small children. (I feel bad for those kids...)

Hostels are really cheap and clean and most are set up like little apartments. I was quite surprised. If you want referrals, let me know. You won't have to sleep on any streets.

Don't worry, you'll be fine.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I alwatys wanted to travel around the world on my own without any money, hitchiking

ive always wanted to do that. in high school, i actually wanted to be a bum for a while...but that didnt fit in with long term plans of this thing called life....so i decided to get a degree before i put 100% ENTPness into action

i cant even tell you what became of that decision since im still in the middle of getting that frikkin degree...story: a few years ago i met this dude who left austalia with a one way ticket to europe and not much else. he worked in europe for a few months to get money to travel about the continent before flying off to north america where he worked around and saw places. he flew back to australia after 5 yrs on the road.

thats one dude i actually admire

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Listen to your Ne.

ALWAYS listen to your Ne.

If you get a good feeling - JUMP!

But if you feel ANY hesitation - sit and think about it. Clear your head. Find out what the problem is.

Maybe you'll strike gold...

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
ive always wanted to do that. in high school, i actually wanted to be a bum for a while...but that didnt fit in with long term plans of this thing called life....so i decided to get a degree before i put 100% ENTPness into action

i cant even tell you what became of that decision since im still in the middle of getting that frikkin degree...story: a few years ago i met this dude who left austalia with a one way ticket to europe and not much else. he worked in europe for a few months to get money to travel about the continent before flying off to north america where he worked around and saw places. he flew back to australia after 5 yrs on the road.

thats one dude i actually admire

How did thaty guiy find work in the foreign country without a passport amd residency?

This is actually more a EP and Se thing than Ne.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
you can usually get work permits from countries...i think visa for europe might be valid for all of EU rather than just one country

or get jobs that pay in cash at the end of the night

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i literally ransacked my room for an underwear before i realized i was wearing it